Ultimate Apocalypse is a mod for Dawn of War Soulstorm, which aims to create the most diverse possible unit and faction selection within the confines of the original DOW engine. We strive to create the most engaging and balanced Warhammer 40,000 game that we can, without sacrificing the fun factor. From hordes of Orks to the towering Titans, you can always find a new way to play UA. We invite all of you to join us on our Discord server to keep up with the development of the mod!

Forum Thread
Poll: What is your favorite faction? (1,071 votes)
Which faction do you like the most? (1.72.7) (Games : Dawn of War : Mods : Ultimate Apocalypse Mod (DOW SS) : Forum : Fan Thread : Which faction do you like the most? (1.72.7)) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 29 2014 Anchor

Which faction do you like the most when playing UA mod? Even though it is not a multiple choice, you can also jot down below what is your second favorite faction. :)

(Optional) least favorite (BESIDES DAEMONS AND INQUISITION DAEMONHNTERS! (races getting reworked in 1.74))?

Just a thread I thought up about while I am still fixing up version 1.73.

Jan 29 2014 Anchor

I voted Imperial Guard, I love being them, my second favorite would be Orks.

OnslaughtOgryn
OnslaughtOgryn We Got Tha Thing!
Jan 30 2014 Anchor

#1 Imperial Guard. 2) Chaos.

I hate Space Marines because their terminators are always disabling my tanks, damn bastards.:evil:
I also despise the Dark Eldar becuase they spam the crap out of everything, like there is no tomorrow.

Jan 30 2014 Anchor

Grey Knights, enough said.

Jan 30 2014 Anchor

1) Imperial Guard - gotta love their tanks :D
2) Eldar
3) Tyranids
4) Tau/Orks/Dark Eldar
5) Inquisition Daemonhunters
6) Chaos Space Marines/Sisters of Battle
7) Space Marines/Necron

I haven't played a version where Chaos Daemons are playable so I cannot say anything about them

Jan 30 2014 Anchor

the better the orks waaagh

Jan 30 2014 Anchor

I would say:
1) Chaos: a person gots to love killing lots of people and then claiming to be mad due to the effects of the warp;
2) Space Marines: a person needs to love killing the heretics who claim being crazy;
3) Imperial Guard: i do love strong defensive positions and that's what IG is all about.

This is my top 3 but i like all races with just slight difference in the degree i like them. I could continue this crazy description of the races but 3 are enough.

--

Apparently people don't like me :(
Is it because i was tainted by Chaos? Cause I already born that way...

Jan 30 2014 Anchor

1. Necrons - on this moment but they have a simple way of playing I feel that once I get bored.
2. Imperial Guard - very flexible gameplay

Jan 30 2014 Anchor

Chaos Space Marines!

Whether it be in a Mod or on Table top.

Jan 30 2014 Anchor

Based on how much I like the factions in UA mod and not my overall favorite faction table top/lorewise,

1) Imperial Guard
2) Tau
3) Chaos Space Marines
4) Space Marines
5) Orks
6) Eldar/Tyranids
7) Sisters of Battle/Dark Eldar
7) Necron

Jan 30 2014 Anchor

Hello my friends,

I have been devoting at least three hours a day for the past couple months or so to the UA mod. I have played every faction and although I truly believe a good solid attempt has been made at balance, it is a collection of mods that make up UA and the authors of those mods each have their own idea of balance. Having said that I enjoy playing the IG the most because they have a large selection of unit types which lends itself to many Tactical situations both with the initiative and for responding to changing battle field conditions. The latter being very handy for those times I find myself without the initiative. I am sure I am not alone when I say there are a few factions that really need more unit types.

Have fun,

wolfrider66

Jan 30 2014 Anchor

The correct answer is Chaos, but Papa Nurgle forgives those that chose otherwise.

Jan 30 2014 Anchor

Orks iz da biggest and da strongest! WAAAGH!!! Second I'd have to say the Imperium as a whole! Honestly, I'm with GreenScorpion they're all cool in their own way!

Jan 30 2014 Anchor

Someone wrote: I also despise the Dark Eldar becuase they spam the crap out of everything, like there is no tomorrow.

What do you mean that they spam the crap outta everything like no tomorrow?

Jan 30 2014 Anchor

Lord_Doofus wrote:

Someone wrote: I also despise the Dark Eldar becuase they spam the crap out of everything, like there is no tomorrow.

What do you mean that they spam the crap outta everything like no tomorrow?

I think he's talking about how the DE favor certain units in-game.

Jan 30 2014 Anchor

I love the Imperial Guard as they are an unrelenting army of normal men and women who lives their daily lives protecting their colonies

Jan 31 2014 Anchor

number 1: inquisition daemonhunters! cause they are walking gods

number 2: spehs mehreens! cause theeh are doeng muhltiple, simuln-tehneous and devashtehting defensive deep strikes

number 3: imperial guard! cause tanks! PERIOD!

Mar 24 2014 Anchor

DE!

Mar 24 2014 Anchor

1) BATTAWL BRUDDAHS: For indrick borale.. and DEVEHSTETIN DEEP STRIKES
2) Tau: Because mechs are fun and gunning down an entire army before it sees you it hilarious... Untill someone finds it funny to deepstrike assault termies. -_-
3) Necrons: Right now they are kinda cheesy, But green gauss beams and being robot space egyptians? Gold.
4) Chaos/Thousand sons) For the glory of Tzeentch of course!
5) Imperial guard: Tanks
6) Orks: ORKS IS BEST YA GIT-

The rest i'm average with.. (Except Dark eldar, I wish to feed them all to Slaneesh)

Mar 26 2014 Anchor

Guard , then eldars!

May 6 2014 Anchor

Tau, Necron, Tyranid... Yes, I am an anti-imperial.

May 7 2014 Anchor

Necrons, I like having a small number of powerful units rather than a load of weak ones because I suck at micromanaging, and I never get tired of teleporting a fully upgraded 'cron lord into a squad of enemy ranged troops to engage in melee combat. Their late units kick ass too, you can more or less attack move them to the enemy base and concentrate on managing the troops supporting them.

I love to play orks too, though I suck at them because you're supposed to use loads of them as cannon fodder because they're cheap, but I hate loosing troops, and their heart-wrenching cry of "We'ze all gonna die" always upsets me so much I have to withdraw them. Gorgutz more than makes up for any issues ever though.

May 10 2014 Anchor

1. Eldars. Yet i havent found the way to play them as they should be played, stealthy, fast, agile, striking hard from unexpected directions, they are giving me a lot of room to improve.
2. a) Imperial Guard. Their flexibility, adaptation to all possible threats, they arent champions in any way, jack of all trades also my favourite when it comes to play with my friend which likes to turtle as they are awesome for this.
2.b) Dark eldar. "They cower... We carve..."
3. Necrons. Like them slowly going for enemy annihilation and respecting codex as they are now. I feel their advance through every level of nodal command to be really immersive. Speechless army of immortal, living metal warriors, unloading heavy gauss fire at those which were such hardihood and stupid to step on their ground awekening ancient army which only thought is annihilation.
4. Orcs. Even if I havent played them to much i like them really much. Why? Beacuse WAAAGH!!!
5. Tau. "Yeah, we suck in close combat. It's a shame you'll never get there."
very end Sisters of Battle

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.