by GreenScorpion on Jan 21st, 2015
Nothing to see here, just a collection of information, feel free to comment if you have more information.
Main source of info right now is a codex-like interpretation of the adeptus mechanicus which seems to be widely accepted and the info is also similar to the present in more oficial sources i've found.
- Hypaspist -Drawn from the Forge World planets assigned to accompany the Magos on their missions, Hypaspists form the backbone of the military might of the Cult Mechanicus. More than simple servitor, they are among the millions of humans that call the Forge World home. They are devoutly loyal to the Cult of the Machine, well trained and equipped with some of the finest weapons the Mechanicus can construct. Hypaspists are usually tasked with supporting the Titan Legions, Ordinatus and other marvels of the Mechine God in open warfare.
- Menials - The vast majority of those who serve the Machine God do so in near total ignorance of the greater work carried out by the Cult Mechanicus. They are the Menials, human serfs who carry out the myriad of lowly tasks that it is not worth the time programming a Spirit of the Omnissiah to carry out. On the battlefield they receive additional cybernetic grafts to compensate for their lack of combat skill but these grafts tend to be bulky and cumbersome. A few Menials receive a glimmer of attention from an inducted member of the Cult Mechanicus and they are elevated to the ranks of an Improved Menial. But for each one that does so, a thousand perish in the dark networks of the Machine. Unheralded, unremarked and unremembered.
- Sagitarii - Where large amounts of enemy armour are expected to be encountered, Hypaspist units are reinforced with machines known as Sagittarii. These Sagittarii are four legged equine like constructs armed with heavy weapons to provide hard hitting support coupled with a mobile response to changing battlefield circumstances. Common model conversions i've found related with Sagitarii represent them as man-sized arachnid-like walkers, with 4 or more legs, although some conversions implement them as tracked vehicles with heavy weapons mounted on them. More simplistic conversions usually implement them as two man teams carrying heavy weapons weapons (thus similar to IG HWT).
- Electro Priests - Electro Priests from the ancient and secretive order of the Luminen are occasionally seen amongst the Skitarii legions bringing their own unique abilities to the battlefield in service of the Machine God. Whipping across the battlefield on discharges of arcane energy, the Electro Priests are able to levitate for short busts of speed as well as deliver massive electrical discharges through their bodies leaving behind them a trail of blackened and twitching corpses.
- Myrmidon Assault Engine - Designed as a mobile battlefield support unit, Myrmidon Assault Engines are heavily armoured walkers equipped with ancient and arcane technology. Normally equipped with a pair of vicious pneumatic claws, a Myrmidon Assault Engine is often referred to as an Evicerator Engine by the Skitarii. There are three known variants of Myrmidon, the comparatively more common Centurion and the rarer variants known as Maximus or Magnus class.
- Cybernetica Cohort - The Adeptus Mechanicus is divided into many sub branches and divisions. Each specialises in one of the myriad areas of the technical arcana. The Legio Cybernetica is one of the oldest parts of the Adeptus Mechanicus. Its records stretch back almost unbroken to the very first days of the Imperium and, it's assumed, to the times before the Imperium. The Legio has a long history, and its members regard themselves as an elite battle force. However the Imperium is rife with suspicion regarding the Legio Cybernetica as it was the first amongst the Mechanicus to declare for Horus during the Great Heresy.
- Praetorian Maniple - The elite Skitarii, these detachments are highly prized on the battlefield and are able to undertake most missions assigned to them by the Magos. Biologically and mechanically enhanced warriors, they are utterly loyal and faithful followers of the Machine Cult creed. Not as mindlessly implacable as Servitors or as expendable as the Hypaspists, they are a potent tool if used correctly.
- Praetorian Auxilia - Auxilia Heavy Servitors are taken by Praetorian Tribunes to provide complete protection for the Tech priests on the battlefield. They are elite cyborgs warriors which bodyguard the Magos and protect temples, shrines and other facilities threatened with direct attack. Heavily armed and armoured they typically mass over twice the bulk of a man or more, with tracks or jointed legs to carry their immense weight. Some Auxilia are created from vat grown giants or mind scrubbed Ogryns. All are designed to intimidate and, if necessary, obliterate.