Features of this mod: - Many-many new units and buildings. Extended tech tree. - Many-many new abilities and upgrades. - New Heroes and fully functional...
Titanium Wars Mod for Dark Crusade
Grumbling Orc Game Development,
Grumbling Orc Great Hall, December 2008 - November 2014.
NB!: This Mod only for Dark Crusade ver.1.2 (not for Soulstorm)!!!
Soulstorm version see here.
NB!: Before ask here on ModDB any question about the Mod,
read Titanium Wars FAQ here in forum section. Also look on Change log.
Thread on Warforge forum - official forum of the Titanium Wars Mod.
Thread on Relicnews forum - old TWM-forum.
Welcome to the World of epic wars on Titanium Wars Mod arena.
This is almost classic gameplay DoW Mod but with almost all GW units. If you was tired by "revolutionary revision of gameplay" mods you are welcome here. In this Mod you'll see very interesting dynamic extended gameplay with fully functional single campain, skirmish, and multiplayer. If you dream about epic Warhammer 40000 battles then this is your Mod. If you want to see all Warhammer 40000 units in one mod then this is your Mod. This Mod is a kind of a superstructure over original masterpiece from Relic and it isn't a radical revision of all gameplay ideas of DoW. Main motto of this Mod: "All Warhammer 40000 units must be in DoW!" See Mod's readme-files and visit the official forum of the Titanium Wars Mod on Warforge for more information. This is HUGE Mod. So much work was done and so much work awaits in future development!
Good luck in your epic battles in Warhammer 40000 Universe!!!
Features of this mod:
- Many-many new units and buildings. Extended tech tree.
- Many-many new abilities and upgrades.
- New Heroes and fully functional Heroes wargear.
- RPG elements from CutterShane's Heroes System. Experienced units after battles.
- Fully functional single campain, skirmish, and multiplayer.
- And finally Titans and Titan-like units!
- Main goal of this Mod: all Games Workshop units in DoW game.
- This is high quality Mod. This Mod was made with Relic standard of quality (and even higher for some parts and aspects).
- This Mod was the first DoW mod when you can see Titans and Titan-like units in all game types (campaign, skirmish and multiplayer).
- This Mod changed mind of DoW Community about Titans in game (balance issue). Now we see many mods with Titans.
- A lot of work was made in this Mod framework on 3D-level and in OE-code for Relic and DoW Community models. Many units and buildings were reworked to more quality variants (behaviour especially). Titanium Wars stuff are used in many other mods now.
- This Mod is new view on DoW Dark Crusade campaign. You can see new quality of game in campaign (especially in strongholds with new scar-code scripts).
Installation instructions can be found in readme files (file setup(eng).txt in Mod's folder in archive file) and/or here on ModDB local forum.
Note about known software problem under Windows 7: Known problem with campaign playing. Old DoW engine is not truly compatible with Windows 7. (Maybe Windows Vista and Windows 8 too. No any problems under Windows XP 32bit.) The problem is only in the end of some Strongholds in campaign. Sometimes DoW game crash after playing outro before end-mission-screen. This is software problem. DoW1 is very old game now without any support from Relic. TWM is not guilty...
Methods of solution:
1. Under Win7. Edit the exe-file of the game in accordance with item 2.8 of the Titanium Wars FAQ, or download the exe-files here from ModDB already edited by GrOrc.
2. Under Win7 without editing the exe-file. Use DoW in compatibility mode with Win98/Me. Save game in the end of Stronghold mission (before outro). Exit from game. Change mode to Win98/Me in properties of TWM-shortcut. Start game (TWM). Load campaign-savegame. Finish mission. You'll see metamap as reward in this mode. Save game on metamap, exit from game, and swith TWM-shortcut to WinXP mode or Win7 mode. Note: Do not use Win98/Me mode for play constantly. Sometimes game works incorrectly in this mode. Use it only for resolving this problem.
3. Radical method: Don't play TWM under Win7 - play it under WinXP 32 bit. No such bugs in campaign there.
4. Another radical method (requires a powerful computer): Install WinXP under Win7 by using Windows Virtual PC. Look on Microsoft for this ("Windows XP Mode"). Play TWM under WinXP emulation.
I WISH TO EXPRESS MANY THANKS TO:
- Games Workshop for creation our beloved Game Universe and serious support to Warhammer 40000 fans for many-many years.
- Relic as best game developers team in all Our World.
- Corsix's Mod Studio and its creator.
- Dawn of War Texture Tool and its creators.
- Brother Santos as creator Santos' Tools for 3Dsmax 2008.
- Annihilation, TTRU (especially), Firestorm (especially), DoW Pro, Steel Legion, and Craftworld creators. Without those mods, I would never find so many ready-made models and its corresponding elements (textures, icons, sounds) necessary for basic idea of this Mod. All permissions for using models were received from corresponding team leaders.
- Enthusiast-creators of new models, textures and FXs for DoW. This Mod was never created without good hard work of modelers and artists from International DoW Community. They created many beautiful good functional models for DoW Mods. Take my hot gratitude guys...
- Special thanks to Winterdyne as author of Warhound Titan model.
- Special thanks to Catwell as author of Great Unclean Ones and Keeper of Secrets models.
- Special thanks to Maestrorobertus as author of Stompa model.
- Special thanks to BoyChaos as author of Annihilation Barge, Doomsday Ark, and Ghost Ark models.
- Heroes System. Original Heroes idea and implementation by CutterShane 2006. Heroes Special rework by Arkhan 2007. Big thanks for their work.
- AI programmers from Dawn Of Skirmish Mod Team.
- Special thanks to Thudmeizer for his directions to some existing DoW models which were unknowing for me. (Needs list was partially satisfied.)
- Eugene Roshal for his great multi-functional file-manager Far.
- My best friend Vadim Nikitin for support.
- Alexei Yudichev, Evgeny Nikiforov, and Irina Fridman for their help with editing of English variant of readme-file.
- And you for reading this text and your interest for Titanium Wars.
Also great thanks to our donators (look on file "Donations.txt" in the Mod's folder or follow to this link to make donations). List of TWM-donators can be seen here. Donations remind modders that modders have to work. :)
Grumbling Orc Great Hall, November 2009.
- !!! - Please read the text below before write here anything. - !!! -
The rules of moderation of comments.
- Abusive, disrespectful and rude behavior is prohibited.
- Stupid questions are prohibited too. Please think before you'll speak and write.
- If you are not able to download files from ModDB, do not ask me about it in comments. Ask ModDB admins about it. Or use alternative download links on Warforge.
- Read Titanium Wars FAQ. Do not ask questions from the FAQ.
- Do not promote other mods (in any form). Also do not make any other offtopic.
- Do not ask huge questions about TWM in comments. Please go to the forums for that.
- Do not ask technical questions here. Please read Titanium Wars FAQ first. Go to the forums if you do not find the answer to your question.
- Do not use public comments as PM to me. Use true PM for private communication.
Comments (which do not comply with these rules) will be deleted. Please do not spam here. If your comment was deleted, it means that it does not conform to the rules. Just stop posting here. Go to the forums if you are needed the answer to your questions and/or discussions.
Version 1.00.30 (15 November 2014)
- Jubilee version. 5 years ago the first public version of the Titanium Wars Mod was released (15 November 2009).
- Fixed very rare appearing bug in all strongholds of TWM-DC-campaign -- some squads can stay invulnerable after campaign-inner-cinematic. Very rare bug, hard for testing, however it was fixed.
- Some cosmetic changes.