Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Poll: Which AN4 theme will you choose? (103 votes)
Poll: Which AN4 theme will you choose for 2.2? (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : Mod optimization : Poll: Which AN4 theme will you choose for 2.2?) Locked
Thread Options
jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Feb 3 2017 Anchor

Absolute Nature has been updated to be compatible with upcoming 2.2. Which of the large variety of themes do you think you will choose?

We like the atmosphere the Misery textures create, but appreciate that others may find it equally creepy if it all looks much more normal and then suddenly you are attacked by the bizarre ;)

I apologize for not doing this sooner, I didn't remember there are no examples.

Warning to viewers: The below examples are at 55 FOV, maxed out graphics options including Very High SSAO HDAO and are at 2160P resolution with default 100% grass height and recommended 200m grass draw distance. Once you see this live in 2160P it will be very difficult to return to 1080P. you have been warned :)

Dropbox.com

Dropbox.com

Dropbox.com

Dropbox.com

Dropbox.com

Dropbox.com

Dropbox.com

and finally Misery Dropbox.com

p.s. look at them full screen and as close to 100% zoom as your screen will allow ;)

They look even better live, I think the print screen feature probably reduces the resolution.

Edited by: jasper34

Feb 3 2017 Anchor

Autumn Aurora sure sounds immersive.

mp5lng
mp5lng The Gunsmith
Feb 3 2017 Anchor

I like Rotten, Autumn, Autumn Aurora, and Dry. I will find it hard picking one of these when I reinstall next time.

--

Due to continuous support we've given you the "Forum Dolphin" title!
- [TZP] LoNer1
Misery : The Armed Zone
Misery's Official website
Misery's Moddb page
Feb 3 2017 Anchor

Autumn for sure, I love the contrast provided by all the extra colour! I also think it would be good for Degtyrev's mental health to be able to chill out under a copse of trees drinking a can of S.T.A.L.K.E.R energy safe in the knowledge that the dead leaves scattered around will provide ample warning of any bloodsuckers trying to ruin his day.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Feb 3 2017 Anchor

... and radiation ;) those leaves are radioactive which is one of the reasons they worry so much IRL about the potential for fires. The leaves do not decay and build up year after year.

Feb 3 2017 Anchor

default misery! but i may switch between green,autumn,aa for testing

Feb 3 2017 Anchor

Autumn Aurora

Feb 3 2017 Anchor

I'm actually using Autumn Aurora version on Zaton, Rotten on Jupiter, and Dead on Pripyat.

And they actually compliment pretty good, keeping the feeling of "The more you approach The Zone center, the more death you will get".

Feb 3 2017 Anchor

Misery's theme for sure, i like the contrast, the way the landscape blends with the nature, and the fact that my eyes don't get hurt. Looks very subtle and quiet,the way i feel the Zone would be.

--

"Go back to the shadows" stalker,

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Feb 3 2017 Anchor

The zone IRL is quite lush and full of life. Humans are the most severely effected by radiation and the other animals thrive eventually. The fantastic thing with AN4 is YOU can customize the maps to your personal vision.

CDIA
CDIA Feel the MISERY!
Feb 3 2017 Anchor

Please note that if AN becomes an optional add-on package you will have the option to choose a different theme for each of the three maps.

I really like the default setting in AN for v2.2.. it looks closer to what is shown in current videos and pictures of the Zone. Green is just too much.

That is Default AN v4.02 for all maps.

.. and it also looks a whole lot like where I live right now :)

Edited by: CDIA

Feb 3 2017 Anchor

As someone mentioned before having it change as you progress to the higher levels is cool.

Autumn for zaton, autumn aurora for jupiter, and misery dead for pripyat would be my choice.

Feb 4 2017 Anchor

Hi!

I like autumn or autumn aurora the most.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.