Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
[Misery 2.1] Stiivais' new performance texture pack and radio songs addon. (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : Mod optimization : [Misery 2.1] Stiivais' new performance texture pack and radio songs addon.) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 2 3
Mar 22 2014 Anchor

Hello, everyone. I will skip creating or finding fancy images for this post and get straight to the point...

RADIO SONGS ADDON FOR MISERY 2.1

Description:
In one of the threads on these forums i made a while ago i promised to create a new version of my radio addon, which would add new songs to the radios present in the zone, as well as update the older version to be compatible (well, i didn't actually promise that, but some members wanted it, so i did it anyways). So after long, hard work (goddamnit, why does unlocking the SV98 in Battlefield 3 take so much time? >_>) i present to you the new version, which more than doubles the amount of songs you'll hear, bringing the total count of full-length songs present in the addon to 100 (and that is excluding the 33 songs present in Misery 2.1 already), which should make for a much more diverse experience, as you won't get bored of listening to the same songs over and over again. All of them are in decent quality (probably not good enough to be called anything more, as the STALKER sound attribute viewer utility i use apparently doesn't support stereo files, so all of the songs had to be converted to mono), with normalized volume parameters, compatible with CoP's engine, and also some have shortened endings to prevent long pauses between the transition effects.

Download links (.7z archive, 0.28 GB):
--MAIN: LINK
--MIRROR: LINK

Installation:
This should be as straightforward as any other STALKER modification, just extract the archive and copy the included "gamedata" folder to your game directory, replacing any files when prompted to do so.

Additional information:
Because the new songs are sorted into user playlists instead of genres, all of the songs have equal possibilities of playing in any given location with a radio (and also to keep the clutter to the minimum). Of course, the script file that is responsible for this is easily readable and you can tweak it yourself, should you prefer hearing one song more than another. Also, another thing i wanted to mention, is that i planned to add a bunch of creepy audio distortions and some random transmissions, but wanted to release this thing as soon as possible, because i have other matters to attend to (such as my grades becoming worse and worse), so i decided to deliver just the base experience for now - 2 additional song lists by users Frostelis and AzureTheAware (you can find the list of songs and artists here), which add various modern songs on top of my old russian rock, folk and rap music song list.

PERFORMANCE TEXTURE PACKAGE FOR MISERY 2.1 (compatible with 2.1.1 : see below)

Description:
Because i was allowed to work on the textures present in the main release by the development team, Misery 2.1 should perform slightly better than the 2.0 release (of course, the scripts of the mod have also seen some noticeable optimizations by the talented members of the team), but the resolutions were left unchanged because one of the goals of the mod is to provide the highest possible graphical quality. Of course, there are computers, which will have problems with textures of such resolution trying to run on an engine that wasn't made for this in the first place, so, when optimizing the base textures, i also decided to provide a texture pack that rescales the textures to 50% of of their initial resolution (width, height, not total amount of pixels), akin to the old one i made for 2.0. Of course, this time around, i also fixed some of the issues that were present in the older release, such as missing mipmaps, or graphical glitches (the one with the trees not being visible at further distances has been fixed), so while the pack is bigger in size compared to the old one, the performance should be better on ALL computers this time, even if by only a couple of frames per second. This will probably benefit those of you who have little memory the most.

Download links (.7z archive, 0.45 GB):

--MAIN: LINK
--MIRROR: LINK

Installation:
Same as above, just extract the archive and merge the gamedata folders with eachother.
It is possible to use this pack with 2.1.1 without any graphical artifacts, you just have to install Misery mod, patch it to the version 2.1, apply this packange and only then, install patch 2.1.1.

Additional information:
Despite the optimizations these texture files are quite sizeable, so if the total bandwidth used for both addons would exceed 10 GB for both of the provided download sources on a single day, then Dropbox would temporarily take down the links, so any re-uploads are welcome.

//I guess that's it for now. However, i'd appreciate if anyone of you who have Battlefield 3 would assist me in completing the co-op campaign, as almost nobody plays it anymore these days... Bought the game because it was about 15 dollars, feeling disappointed so far because i am up against people who have everything unlocked. :/

Edited by: Stiivais

--

Author of a bunch of tweaks and stuff:

• [Misery 2.0] Misc adjustments.
  • [Misery 2.0] Stealth fixes.
  • [Misery 2.1] - thread - Misc tweaks.
  • [Misery 2.1] - thread - New performance texture pack and radio songs addon.
  • [Misery 2.1] - thread - SweetFX shaders (poor man's ENB).

Lost all my files - goodbye... : /

rafmc1989
rafmc1989 Marksman
Mar 22 2014 Anchor

Hi Stiivais, great work!
Is "RADIO SONGS ADDON FOR MISERY 2.1" save-game compatible ???

Edited by: rafmc1989

--

Freedom member
"You have provided plenty of help to Freedom, and this has earned you the respect of Freedom fighters and their friends. But keep in mind that not everyone in the Zone is a Freedom fan."

TWCenter Thread - MISERY mod for STALKER: Call of Pripyat

Mar 22 2014 Anchor

Yes, it only modifies the sound script.
The texture pack also won't have any effect.

--

kcs123
kcs123 Just Kcs123
Mar 22 2014 Anchor

Yes, they were, songs are not part of savegame, so you can use them without fear. The same apply for texture pack.

Already using that texture pack and this helps a lot for people with low to medium grade PCs.
And thanks Siivais for another nice pack of songs.

--

Mar 22 2014 Anchor

This one's all on AzureTheAware and Frostelis, who gave me a list of songs to add (in this thread), i just executed the technical implementation of this idea - got all ~60 songs, converted them, normalized the volumes, added the tune noise, then updated the sound script and added the sound parameters with the attribute tweaking utility. Sure, it took me a couple of hours, but compiling a list likely would have taken longer. I have to say that i took a leap of faith here, but it seems to have worked out decently, songs are pretty decent and fit the atmosphere well.

Also, your "title" made me laugh, where do i get one? :)

--

kcs123
kcs123 Just Kcs123
Mar 22 2014 Anchor

Don't know just apeared below my name few days after I got Access to MDT forum. Never fooled with my profile od moddb, so I don't know where all of options are hidden, didn't even updated my avtar for this forum.
I guess that Loner1 have his fingers on this, and I also laught when I saw that "title" :) Pretty unique and self sufficient :)

--

Nyayr
Nyayr Reconnaissance Beta
Mar 22 2014 Anchor

Woohoo! new songs =)

--

Avoid using autosaves, use hard saves only.

Logs are located in "C:\Users\Public\Documents\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\logs\xray_....log"

mp5lng
mp5lng The Gunsmith
Mar 22 2014 Anchor

The songs are simply amazing ! :thumbup: . Only one glitch happened for me once.....a song got mixed with the rain effects and that last became so loud, i reloaded the same savegame and the problem was gone. The problem happened inside Skadovsk, probably just my sound driver :p

--

Due to continuous support we've given you the "Forum Dolphin" title!
- [TZP] LoNer1
Misery : The Armed Zone
Misery's Official website
Misery's Moddb page
rafmc1989
rafmc1989 Marksman
Mar 22 2014 Anchor

nice job Stiivais... they work good, the performance is better!

--

Freedom member
"You have provided plenty of help to Freedom, and this has earned you the respect of Freedom fighters and their friends. But keep in mind that not everyone in the Zone is a Freedom fan."

TWCenter Thread - MISERY mod for STALKER: Call of Pripyat

Mar 23 2014 Anchor

Loving the new radio tracks. Again.

Dunno why MDT didn't put them into 2.1!

Mar 23 2014 Anchor

Love the radio songs, works great; and thanks for the tip on the health regen thread. I hate tweaking stuff from original mod but I was in enough Misery without having negative heath regen.

Mar 23 2014 Anchor

PlasmaDavid wrote: Loving the new radio tracks. Again.
Dunno why MDT didn't put them into 2.1!

Copyrights or something, perhaps?

--

Mar 23 2014 Anchor

Finally !!! Thanks alot Stiivais, I will for sure use both the texture and the song addons cuz my rig is pretty average at best so this will be grand :)

Cheers!

Edit: Glad that people like the chosen songs ;]

Edited by: Frostelis

Mar 25 2014 Anchor

You are the greatest. My numbah one homeslice if you will.

Above guy, "Finally" he says. lol

mp5lng wrote: The songs are simply amazing ! :thumbup: . Only one glitch happened for me once.....a song got mixed with the rain effects and that last became so loud, i reloaded the same savegame and the problem was gone. The problem happened inside Skadovsk, probably just my sound driver :p

I dont know if it is meant to or not but I get the sound of glass breaking. A LOT of it during one of the more played songs and always at the same time.

Edited by: TheTarman

Mar 26 2014 Anchor

Stiivais, would just like to say, thanks for this, and thanks for the armor rebalance, I kinda felt like that needed to be reworked for sure. Only other thing is that some of the guns really don't make sense, like the AKs vs ARs M4 and M16 jam crazy, and when you switch to AKs it jams just as much? Should not be. I fixed it already for my game but just thought I'd give you an idea of an adjustment you might want to do :P

When you consider that the M4 gets like 60 or less shots before it hits 80% durability and starts to jam at I think it was 84% or something like that. That's pretty ridiculous. So maybe some of the jam values for the non-AKs also need rebalance, or just make them degrade slightly slower, so you can get 120 shots off before a jam?

Edited by: sirvyse

Mar 26 2014 Anchor

sirvyse wrote: Only other thing is that some of the guns really don't make sense, like the AKs vs ARs M4 and M16 jam crazy, and when you switch to AKs it jams just as much? Should not be. I fixed it already for my game but just thought I'd give you an idea of an adjustment you might want to do :P

Thanks for the idea, it's much appreciated, although doing this for each class would probably be a hassle, unless i find a tool that can do this for me. But i think that the jamming stats were based not only on the gun type, but also the specific variant (a difference in jamming chances for worn vs modern variants), so those would also need to be cross referenced. The current rates of weapon deterioration are also currently quite unrealistic and introduce artificial difficulty, which is not welcome IMO. Regardless, of what the conditions of the Zone would be, guns wouldn't rust overnight. Either way, in the following days i have to pay attention to my education, but i think that i might just have some time in the weekend. No promises, as usual.

--

Mar 26 2014 Anchor

sweeeet. This radio mod adds so much to the game. Thanks for making it for 2.1 :)

Mar 27 2014 Anchor

Came back to say, the radio mod and texture pack work great. Some reason, even with my superb PC I always lagged from grass textures and whatnot in the misery base game textures, now, no lag at all. Thanks.

Mar 27 2014 Anchor

It's weird, because the foliage textures actually needed the least optimizations of any of the texture files. I'd assume that the performance issues you were having were caused by the sheer amount of data that was loaded into the memory, since compression decreases that amount by a factor of at least 2. Anyways, it's nice to hear that things are working for you. :)

--

Mar 27 2014 Anchor

I've edited all the weapons (for all classes) for M2.1 if you want them. I only did about a 10-25% increase in durability depending on the weapon type, AR, SR, pistol, etc. since I wanted to keep that misery feel for the mod, I also gave certain AK weapons a misfire start condition of more around .6 to .7 depending on variant, the modern and worn variants I left alone on this aspect since they obviously would be more likely to misfire and already have .75. I'll PM the link to you and you can add them to your collection there on the first post.

Edited by: sirvyse

Mar 28 2014 Anchor

This is certainly nice to hear (there's never too many devoted people that want to improve the game :)), and i will definitely do so tomorrow and give you the proper credits, but for game tweaks, i use this thread. Just thought that i should differentiate between these things in some sort, because most people could feel somewhat intimidated by long posts. Gotta keep them to the point and focused, i guess (up to the point but no further when this is considered spam, of course).

--

Mar 28 2014 Anchor

Gotcha, no prob. Hopefully you can get a sticky for that thread then :)

Mar 30 2014 Anchor

Man this is great, i would love to hear more of Johny Cash though[my all time favourite from original track] :D

Apr 19 2014 Anchor

Could somebody add a torrent or different link than dropbox? Apparently it has a daily limit and atm both links for radio addon are dead. Please help I do play Misery so often that I need to randomise it a bit. Thx.

Jun 23 2014 Anchor

Thanks, going to give this a go.

Though I was wondering about a few things, is it possible to add songs easily, perhaps just by placing them somewhere in the "radio" folder or one of its subfolders, could we just create a new subfolder for our own songs?

Also what are the requirements of sound files, you mentioned they had to be mono and all seem to be .ogg, are there any other requirements/limits.

Oh a song I think that would go well in something like this is the old Soviet anthem, it's easy to find around but unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to add radio tuning effects/normalising etc and that to make it fit in nicely.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.