Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Investigate Stingray 2 Iron Forest some one did it? (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : Investigate Stingray 2 Iron Forest some one did it?) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 14 2013 Anchor

did someone investigated stingray 2? this idiot poltergeist on the helicopters let me no chance to do it. my current save is in front of it. i know when i move they track me so i go step by step and now im at the back of the heli. when i examine it, after the sequenze the poltershit kills me instant. is it maybe an electric poltermolter or so? got more then 115 mt (psydeff) its just to near and doesnt go away from there any idea?

Sgt_Marlop
Sgt_Marlop That Guy
Aug 14 2013 Anchor

Blaze it 420 and you will survive the poltergeist. Seriously.

--

A picture for your enjoyment: Moddb.com

Aug 14 2013 Anchor

Shoot the poltergeist with armor piercing ammo from some distance away. It only takes one or 2 shots. It will seem like it takes a lot of shots, but actually its just because it is a very small area in the middle that you have to shoot so most of the time you will miss. I have done this successfully in many playthroughs with the following weapons: Dragunov SVD sniper one shot, desert eagle, aks-74, even spas 12 shotgun (don't get too close though. Even with a lot of psy protection you still can't get very close without dying)

Aug 15 2013 Anchor

I am playing assault and took the poltergeist down with an AKS-74 with PSO-1x scope attached (5.0x magnification) regular bullets on semi-automatic.

Took my distance and just keep shooting from afar. Took only about 6 - 10 shoot and boom it when down. I did not had to blaze it due that I shot from a distance.

Edited by: mrburke

Aug 15 2013 Anchor

one hit from a grenade launcher should take it out, as long as you have a bag of weed and some helmet upgrades to allow you to get close enough. try approaching it from the west side rather than the front entrance.

Mar 31 2014 Anchor

Well I just pumped 80 7.62mm's into the fire Poltergeist and then it finally proceeds to kill me. Guess they are immune to sniper weapons.

Nyayr
Nyayr Reconnaissance Beta
Apr 1 2014 Anchor

Their centre is just tiny to hit: check here Moddb.com

--

Avoid using autosaves, use hard saves only.

Logs are located in "C:\Users\Public\Documents\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\logs\xray_....log"

Apr 2 2014 Anchor

Daniel_stark wrote: Well I just pumped 80 7.62mm's into the fire Poltergeist and then it finally proceeds to kill me. Guess they are immune to sniper weapons.

No fuck, I killed it with one or two 7,62*54 bullets. An F1 grenade also works great.

Nyayr
Nyayr Reconnaissance Beta
Apr 2 2014 Anchor

Yes but the target is small and you can easily miss it all together. A low recoil weapon with burst can kill it like a lr-300, ump etc, but you can get unlucky, so you need psy guard if you have to get close.

A grenade can work from longer range a grenade launcher (underbarrel) works best in my opinion.

--

Avoid using autosaves, use hard saves only.

Logs are located in "C:\Users\Public\Documents\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\logs\xray_....log"

Mar 31 2015 Anchor

Responding to an old post here, but this info was super useful, I couldnt figure out how to get past this thing myself till I came here, 1 shot with my default sniper rifle (Honorary Mosan-Nagant) was enough to pop it. just keep trying as others have said. A tip that may be useful as it helped me, was to wait until it stops to pop it.

jasper34
O
N
L
I
N
E
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Apr 1 2015 Anchor

The key is distance. They get like 20% stronger every meter they come closer and absolutely nothing will save you once they get too close. Grenade launcher works fantastic, otherwise almost any gun will do it. Get it headed towards you and shoot while backpedaling. It's not moving so much then. Timing a hand grenade on a moving target is almost a n art form, but grenade launcher is much easier. It also doesn't take odd bounces away from where you land it :D

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.