Red alert: Pinnacle of Annihilation is an addon mod for Command & Conquer: Red Alert (aftermath required) involving realistic concepts but keeping the fun of the original game. Red alert: Soviet Power makes available for the player to command USSR and NATO units of the late Cold War era. The gameplay of Red alert: Pinnacle of Annihilation has been adapted to make the game more realistic than most RTS's, taking into account the effects of modern munitions such as depleted uranium.
- Units are now camoflauged, in various colors.
- Munitions deal more damage. For example, it takes 1.5 tank rounds to destroy a Main Battle Tank, instead of ten.
- Useless units, such as the radar jammer, have been replaced.
- Nukes actually blow things up, and are no longer called nukes (seriously, a real nuke would have to take off half the map at least)
- More difficulty modes
- More common power-ups on battlefield.
- More money to start with.
- Lots of units have been renamed and changed to resemble real-life ones. The Heavy tank has become the T-80UM, the Medium tank is now a Leopard 2A5, the Phase Transport has become the Swedish CV90 IFV, for instance.
-Countries now have a bigger variety of advantages, and disadvantages.
-Oil instead of ore.
-Heavy vehicles such as tanks have slower turning rates. This is done to simulate realistic circumstances.
-Most structures can now be built much farther away from the base than before. This allows the AI to build better bases, solving the "congestion" problem.
-The tech levels and prerequisites of buildings have been changed so that the AI will build more things.