Project HDTP is a High Definition Texture Package for the original Deus Ex game. The original in-game textures were of a very low resolution, some textures even being as low as 32x32. However, it was discovered that it is possible to increase the resolution of those textures to a maximum of 256. This has been tested in-game and we have witnessed the start of a massive graphical overhaul.
1. All new remodelled and retextured Objects.
2. Objects will sport a high resolution of 256.
3. Brand new character models and matching high resolution skins.
4. Character models are more individual. For example each guard/trooper type will now have its own model instead of using the generic one.
5. Character models now have their own fingers (removing the 'mittens' effect).
6. Models that require animation will be full animated from scratch to compliment the higher quality feel.
7. Characters look darker and more moody to enhance the game play experience.
8. Vehicle models and weapons will be remodelled, skinned and reanimated.
Been awhile since I personally posted a news article so here it goes.
For those of you who do not keep up with the forums, our new modeler/texture artist _Alex_ has been banging out our character models. Almost at an impossible pace for me to comprehend.
Here they are:
Any comments or suggestions, post them on our forums. Of course you can also comment on here, but not everyone comes here.
This is my last news post until the new year, so have a safe and fun Christmas/December!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.