For mod client only, not required on dedicated servers. (Requires 1.35 Full.)
Obsidian Conflict is a cooperative multiplayer modification set in the Half-Life 2 universe.
It features a large amount of new gameplay features on all-new maps specially designed for the mod with focus on cooperative gameplay, as well as over hundred user-made maps following the same formula.
In addition to that, You're able to play through vanilla Half-Life 2 all the way up to Episode 2, as well as experimental support for cooperative Half-Life: Source play.
- All Source engine Half-Life series games playable in co-op online (Half-Life: Source, Half-Life 2, Lost Coast, Episodes 1 & 2)
- A large set of included custom maps, some in the form of classic combat & teamwork puzzles and others offering extraordinary new gameplay experiences such as cooperative farming and fishing
- New weapons, including dual Uzis, Medkit, Sniper Rifle, the Alyxgun, the Tau Cannon, deployable Manhacks, as well as support for scripted weapons allowing use of weapons from Counterstrike and Day of Defeat Source
- New NPCs, including many from the original half-life such as a fully-functional ichthyosaur, as well as a working mortarsynth from HL2
- Special merchant NPC and related entities, offering gameplay where players can spend points from their score to purchase weapons and map-specific objects
- Many co-op related features, such as a server-side lives system, hud waypoints, player locator, attention & medic calls, and map objectives, as well as players' inventory carrying over between level transitions
- Great support for community mappers, including features like the mapadd system to easily edit existing maps without having to recompile them, as well as tutorials and prefab examples for all of OC's new entities and features
- Support for custom playermodels and custom colorizations on weapons and hud elements
So, to break the silence, we present you the first one of our "Dev Blog" Videos. Those should allow us to give you guys a more constant stream of news posts, since we can show a lot more WIP and experimental stuff that way without focusing too much on full-fledged, pretty looking news.
Remember most of the stuff shown is more or less work in progress and thus subject to change, but feel free to tell us what you think still!
Latest tweets from @obsidianmod
looks like T.co is back online, was a tough one to fix :/ -Neico
Oct 13 2013, 8:24am
RT @neic0: YaS will be down to maintenance in 10 min, it'll take around 2 hours
Oct 11 2013, 8:51pm
RT @pepppppy: it honestly feels like microsoft is being run by chimpanzees recently..
Oct 8 2013, 12:06pm
getting "SetupArrayProps_R: array prop '(null)' is at index zero."? Try this: T.co
Oct 8 2013, 12:05pm
In case no one noticed yet: our master server list website has been down for a while, I can't tell you yet when it'll be up again... - Neico
Sep 30 2013, 10:56am
Happy 7th Anniversary to us: T.co
Jul 23 2013, 11:06pm
Jul 6 2013, 12:55pm
Jun 27 2013, 6:42pm
I expect OC to break down now with the game mounts running on steampipe, I wonder if we're going to fix the current version - Neico
Jun 26 2013, 8:03pm