For mod client only, not required on dedicated servers. (Requires 1.35 Full.)
Obsidian Conflict is a cooperative multiplayer modification set in the Half-Life 2 universe.
It features a large amount of new gameplay features on all-new maps specially designed for the mod with focus on cooperative gameplay, as well as over hundred user-made maps following the same formula.
In addition to that, You're able to play through vanilla Half-Life 2 all the way up to Episode 2, as well as experimental support for cooperative Half-Life: Source play.
- All Source engine Half-Life series games playable in co-op online (Half-Life: Source, Half-Life 2, Lost Coast, Episodes 1 & 2)
- A large set of included custom maps, some in the form of classic combat & teamwork puzzles and others offering extraordinary new gameplay experiences such as cooperative farming and fishing
- New weapons, including dual Uzis, Medkit, Sniper Rifle, the Alyxgun, the Tau Cannon, deployable Manhacks, as well as support for scripted weapons allowing use of weapons from Counterstrike and Day of Defeat Source
- New NPCs, including many from the original half-life such as a fully-functional ichthyosaur, as well as a working mortarsynth from HL2
- Special merchant NPC and related entities, offering gameplay where players can spend points from their score to purchase weapons and map-specific objects
- Many co-op related features, such as a server-side lives system, hud waypoints, player locator, attention & medic calls, and map objectives, as well as players' inventory carrying over between level transitions
- Great support for community mappers, including features like the mapadd system to easily edit existing maps without having to recompile them, as well as tutorials and prefab examples for all of OC's new entities and features
- Support for custom playermodels and custom colorizations on weapons and hud elements
We have a hotfix in the works to address some of the problems that have been plaguing OC the last few months, it will fix the now-broken mounting system and improve stability of both the client and server.
Because this hotfix requires new binaries for both the server and client, you can expect a few new features too. Everyone who donated after the 1.35 release will finally get their donor access as well.
Sadly we can't give you an ETA just yet due to slow progress, our biggest problem is the lack of coders actively working on the code.
Some are too busy with their job or education while others simply don't feel like working on the code or haven't been in contact with the team for months.
That's why we're actively looking for new coders to ensure OC has a future, so if you:
...Then post an application on the forums, send it via Email (email@example.com) or message one of our team members directly!
Of course we are always looking for other positions like mapping and modeling too, so don't be shy!
A big "Thank you!" to everyone who hasn't given up on us yet and sorry for not getting back to you sooner. We're going to post news more often from now on, even if it's just a small update to keep you in the loop.
Latest tweets from @obsidianmod
We just posted some news: Breaking the silence T.co
Oct 8 2014, 12:41am
@ViralHatred Donations are always welcome, tough we can't promise updates, we'll announce an update when it's ready tough...
Sep 9 2014, 2:11pm
@Mryayayify maybe, maybe not, no one really knows
Jul 27 2014, 4:46am
If you want to know what's happening with the YaS server, follow @YaSOnline_ ;) ^NC
Jun 26 2014, 2:30am
@Mryayayify good question, too bad that probably no one has the answer currently...
Apr 30 2014, 6:05pm
looks like T.co is back online, was a tough one to fix :/ -Neico
Oct 13 2013, 8:24am
RT @neic0: YaS will be down to maintenance in 10 min, it'll take around 2 hours
Oct 11 2013, 8:51pm
RT @pepppppy: it honestly feels like microsoft is being run by chimpanzees recently..
Oct 8 2013, 12:06pm