For mod client only, not required on dedicated servers. (Requires 1.35 Full.)
Obsidian Conflict is a cooperative multiplayer modification set in the Half-Life 2 universe.
It features a large amount of new gameplay features on all-new maps specially designed for the mod with focus on cooperative gameplay, as well as over hundred user-made maps following the same formula.
In addition to that, You're able to play through vanilla Half-Life 2 all the way up to Episode 2, as well as experimental support for cooperative Half-Life: Source play.
- All Source engine Half-Life series games playable in co-op online (Half-Life: Source, Half-Life 2, Lost Coast, Episodes 1 & 2)
- A large set of included custom maps, some in the form of classic combat & teamwork puzzles and others offering extraordinary new gameplay experiences such as cooperative farming and fishing
- New weapons, including dual Uzis, Medkit, Sniper Rifle, the Alyxgun, the Tau Cannon, deployable Manhacks, as well as support for scripted weapons allowing use of weapons from Counterstrike and Day of Defeat Source
- New NPCs, including many from the original half-life such as a fully-functional ichthyosaur, as well as a working mortarsynth from HL2
- Special merchant NPC and related entities, offering gameplay where players can spend points from their score to purchase weapons and map-specific objects
- Many co-op related features, such as a server-side lives system, hud waypoints, player locator, attention & medic calls, and map objectives, as well as players' inventory carrying over between level transitions
- Great support for community mappers, including features like the mapadd system to easily edit existing maps without having to recompile them, as well as tutorials and prefab examples for all of OC's new entities and features
- Support for custom playermodels and custom colorizations on weapons and hud elements
So, to break the silence, we present you the first one of our "Dev Blog" Videos. Those should allow us to give you guys a more constant stream of news posts, since we can show a lot more WIP and experimental stuff that way without focusing too much on full-fledged, pretty looking news.
Remember most of the stuff shown is more or less work in progress and thus subject to change, but feel free to tell us what you think still!
Latest tweets from @obsidianmod
We moved some of our things to a new server, this includes the master site which requires server owners to reload the sourcemod plugin
Apr 4 2013, 11:09pm
T.co not that it just popped up out of nowhere~
Feb 4 2013, 9:52am
T.co is now able to display SVN Servers, just add "?svn" behind the URL
Jan 5 2013, 1:46am
I've already notified all of the Hosters that I have in my Steam List and were online, if you haven't been contacted Add me in Steam - Neico
Jan 4 2013, 1:59am
We just decided that every server hoster (long term hosting, like XenoAisam's) will get access to our SVN Repos...
Jan 4 2013, 1:59am
@keywc ... Properties→Updates tab→Do not automatically update this tool.
Nov 30 2012, 2:47pm
@keywc You can disable updating by going to the Library tab→Tools (the little arrowhead under Library)→right-click Source SDK Base 2007→...
Nov 30 2012, 2:46pm
Warning: Do NOT update Source SDK Base 2007, the latest update at this time breaks it entirely, rendering all mods unplayable. - TESLA-X4
Nov 30 2012, 2:20pm
fixed a silly mistake that resulted in the Master Server List to query only one of Valve's master server. PS: reload the SM plugin - Neico
Oct 27 2012, 1:14pm
"Austin: im guessing the NPCS are in a CFG file" Totally won't comment that - Neico
Oct 19 2012, 12:41pm