A submod for Westeros: Total War designed to bring the look, the feel and the sounds of HBO's Game of Thrones to the world of Westeros. (Alas I have no affiliation with HBO) This submod is currently for version 0.53 of Westeros: Total War which is currently in Alpha stages but with a devoted mod team working hard to bring it to a full release. The submod is compatible with both the Standard (Vanilla) version of Westeros 0.53 and also the Enhanced version. It is highly recommended that you visit the official mod page at TWCenter.net to get precise details and installation help.
Before starting the mod for the first time:
ALWAYS remove the rvm-file inside of GoT_Enhanced/data/world/maps/base - Otherwise the mod will CTD when trying to enter the campaign no matter what you do.
When done with the above, and if you want to play the campaign, start a new campaign or load a campaign:
Always start a quickbattle/custom battle and exit - then after you have done this (each time when you start the mod) the campaign will start up just fine.
With some factions you don't need to do this always - but there is a bug and the best way to avoid it is by starting and exiting a quickbattle first.
Also, never use "Auto Manage Everything" because that will cause the game to CTD alot for certain factions.
Game of Thrones Submod for Westeros Total War, v. 4.9
I would say you just need to download and extract this new version, then delete your old GoT_Enhanced-folder and replace it with this new version. It should work that way.
Try to just place the downloaded folder in your mods folder - but make sure it's Medieval II Total War/Mods/GoT_Enhanced and not Medieval II Total War/Mods/GoT_Enhanced/GoT_Enhanced.
Regarding the music submod:
"This is what you need to do to get the awesome music to work:
1. Buy or download the albums of season 1 to 3.
2. The mod is already compatible with the music- you just have to get the music yourself and follow the instructions under this text - because i couldn't upload the full albums. And this mod is compatible with the full songs of the first three albums.
3. The game-files are already in their places - just download the music mod for 3.0 in order to get the two songs in that folder, don't touch the textfiles and place the songs in the music folder inside of data/sounds/music.
- Create this folder if it doesn't exist.
4. Place each song of albums 1, 2 & 3 in the music-folder inside of your sounds folder- which is inside the data-folder of your mod.
5. Remove the "Main Theme"-songs of season 2 and 3, as it is the same as the first song of season 1.
6. Rename all songs to numbers from number 1 to nr 67. Don't touch the two songs from the music mod that followed with the download.
7. To be secure- delete the event.dat and event.idx-files inside of your sounds-folder together with the music.dat and music.idx-files.
Now you'll have a fully working music submod.".
GAME OF THRONES VERSION 4.9 CHANGES:
1. Adds all the finished remade basic troops of old factions - minus Dorne because Vltima forgot to send me the new Dornish units. I only ever got the Martells, which are new mid-tiers for House Martell - i never got the basic units previewed in pictures.
- All are fully implemented now!
New basic Riverland troops with armour upgrades:
New basic Westerland basic troops with armour upgrades:
New basic Southern Knights:
New generic Dismounted "chose a region" Swordsmen and Knights- will have different shield-textures based on region:
2. Full basic rosters for these minor Houses:
Tully = Bracken, Mallister, Blackwood plus an almost finished Mooton basic roster.
Stannis/Tyrell = Florent.
Lannister/Joffrey = Marbrand, Crakehall and Lefford - these aren't entirely complete like the ones for House Tully though. - Swyft were rebranded into Lefford and got a new symbol on their shield texture.
House Lefford (they have new shields compared to the picture):
Mountain Axe Clansmen:
3. New Frey units, new textures for the Frey units, new remade mid-tier House Tyrell troops, new elite House Bolton troops plus new armour upgrades for these factions. - Also includes a slightly remade and improved group of Tully elite units.
Heavy Bolton Swordsmen:
New Tyrell Swordsmen upg0 and Spearmen:
It also adds new textures for the basic Northern units used by House manderly:
4. Adds the full basic House Penrose (another minor house) units for House Renly.
5. Added House Frey as it's own faction to the campaign, and with full recruitment.
6. Adds the House Frey Faction Description, Walder Frey faction Leader portrait etc.
7. Removes unfinished factions from custom battles, and i mean vanilla ones who sometimes spawned in quickbattles with mercs.
8. Fixes the portraits that were missing in the mercs-directory, which caused "unlocalized placement"-pictures to show for Riverland units and others recruited by some fations.
9. Re-made the regional system a little to have less armies with everyone in them - making more units unique for the proper factions.
10. Adds a huge amount of Warhammer animations if one would want wolfs, dragons, beasts, undead or mammuths etc.
11. Adds a Warhammer online Dragon model for House Targaryen (three Dragons).
12. Adds a Daenarys Stormborn hero-model.
13. All custom units and unit upgrades have gotten new LOD-values in the BMDB - the issue with sprites showing in close distances has been solved.
14. New era system in custom battles - Era 0 is the factions own units plus the regional basic units, Era 1 is those units mentioned above plus all the vasall houses/minor houses who has sworn the main House loyalty - For Starks this would be Umbers, Glovers, Mormont, Karstark, Manderly and Bolton etc - Era 2 is all mentioned previously plus the sellswords.
It's an ERA-system:
Era 0 (Early) - Only household troops and regional troops.
Era 1 (mid) - The above plus all the minor Houses (the Dothraki faction always has it's units in all eras, and House Targaryen have access to Dothraki from Era 1).
Era 2 (Late) - The above plus mercs.
5.0 will mostly be missing portraits and additions to the unfinished WIP factions - but i will put that on hold and move on to ADOS instead.
I am also expecting a guy to release balance/recruitment (remade EDU and EDB) soon after my release - and so i will update it with these files. This will hopefully make RTS-battles more stable.
A third guy was working on custom settlements in battle. We'll see if he was just talking or if he was serious. Would take two weeks and i think almost a week have passed by now.
The WTW (Westeros Total War)- mod team for the base-mod:
~ Dr. Noob
~ Edric Storm
~ Cobi Wan Kenobi
~ Kiliç Alì
~ Valar Morghulis
~ Iron Orchid
~ John Scigulinsky
~ Emperor of Hell
-and the GoT team (Game of Thrones V3.0) for the base submod:
~ Inarus - Images, basic graphics, music and Image Research.
~ Radboud - Faction Symbols, UIs, and All Epic Graphics. ~
~ AndariusHaliusScipio - Awesome Audio Clippings ~
With Particular thanks to...
~ Emperor of Hell and Mhaedros ~
- For sharing their Wisdom in the art of modelling, texturing and much much more than can be listed,
~ Unit Modellers! ~
Game of Thrones V 4.0:
~ VltimaRatio (unit modeller, new models/unit cards for strat-map and battle map, new custom battle maps)
~ Mr_Nygren (text editing, script stuff- (Replacing old models with new ones in the text-files, implementing new horses and siege artillery)
~ Western Unit Overhaul Source Files (mod resource) by GeMiNi][SaNDy were used as a base for new units.
~ Siege engines are borrowed with permission from the De Bello Mundi-mod, creator Rhaymo.
~ Marka Medium and Heavy Horses- by the Ruschi-team.
Game of Thrones V 4.5:
VltimaRatio (unit modeller, all improvements on the models already in the game, creation of all the models, implementation of the models into the game and custom battles/campaign, some work in the EDB, descr_strat and the EDU regarding these new units.)
Mr_Nygren (modder, everything else new basically. New transparant pictures. The work of adding region-specific rebels, capital-specific-rebels, mercs into the EDB, all new pictures not counting the ones Kenzo36 did, new backgrounds, new portraits, the recruitment-system which took alot of time to set-up and fixes of various bugs, silver-surfers and errors.)
Kenzo36 (all the longer unit descriptions in the currently released version (like six maybe), for the "CAV"-texts on a few pictures being cavalry and not infantry, for the Frey non-transparant hero-portraits and for the new unit-info pictures being in the released version for a few units -like the Lannister Swordsmen unit-info pic.)
Game of Thrones V 4.6:
VltimaRatio (unit modeller, all improvements on the models already in the game).
Mr_Nygren (modder, everything else new basically. Plus the implementation of everything.
Game of Thrones V 4.7:
VltimaRatio (unit modeller, all improvements on the models already in the game. Creation of every model, and it's an impressive and amazing number just in this 4.7 version - if we count the ones who aren't included, then he has done a tremendous effort this summer - basic units re-done for all, new elites, new minor houses, symbols, portraits for new units, textures, weapons, models).
Mr_Nygren (modder, everything else new basically. I have worked on the mod both in dec/jan (changes seen in 4.6) and may until now. Implemented all the units to my version of the mod, created some Targaryen symbols in custom battles, made weapon variations out of the raw-files VltimaRatio provided me with in january - creating more Targaryen and Dragon-units than just the spearmen, implemented units to the descr_strat, to the descr_rebels_factions, hidden resources to descr_regions and the units to the edb - basically made the units available in the campaign, fixed the CTD-bug that always crashed the mod at a certain turn plus done additional smaller stuff).
Jurcek1987 - Helped me with fixing a glitch making the Targaryen Spearmen hold their weapons wrongly - also added the Banner Carriers to the Bolton model - using the ones from the Western Overhaul as a base - the textures where then moved from the old carriers to the new ones that worked fine with the Bolton models.
Game of Thrones V 4.9:
VltimaRatio (unit modeller, all improvements on the models already in the game. Creation of every model but two, - basic units re-done for all, new elites, new minor houses, symbols, portraits for new units, textures, weapons and models).
Mr_Nygren (modder, everything else basically. Implemented all the units to my version of the mod, beaten the CTD-crash that was plaguing this mod, fixed the LOD-levels, added all the Warhammer animations, fixed the missing portraits if they existed, removed unused factions from custom battles, added House Frey to the campaign etc - basically everything but the creation of the models.).
The Return Of Reckoning team (runs Warhammer Onlines current build) - for the Warhammer dragons.
WhiffOfGrapeshot (mod-team-member of Warhammer:BotET) stated this:
"The Return Of Reckoning team runs the current Warhammer Online build, which was released for use. There should be no problems using assets taken from Warhammer Online."
Auc162 - for letting me use the body of Daenarys - created by his friend.
Video of a battle between House Tully and the House of Joffrey in 4.9:
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
The old Game of Thrones Total War from decembre but for MAC-users - it would seem the other one ain't compatible with MAC:s. I suggest downloading the...
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.