A submod for Westeros: Total War designed to bring the look, the feel and the sounds of HBO's Game of Thrones to the world of Westeros. (Alas I have no affiliation with HBO) This submod is currently for version 0.53 of Westeros: Total War which is currently in Alpha stages but with a devoted mod team working hard to bring it to a full release. The submod is compatible with both the Standard (Vanilla) version of Westeros 0.53 and also the Enhanced version. It is highly recommended that you visit the official mod page at TWCenter.net to get precise details and installation help.
Since the release of version 5.0 on the fourth of october, the following has been done:
1. Peaman has implemented SGI's map to Game of Thrones Enhanced. He sent me this version of the mod in october.
2. A new map means all the stuff in it will need to be re-implemented to the descr_strat, such as the alliances, the buildings, the starting units, the starting family members/generals, the playable factions, the starting attributes of each family member etc. The map is pretty much just a map otherwise.
3. Peaman did add all the buildings, and the rest he left for me to do.
4. I've spent two days and nights now (not counting the time i've been sleeping) working on getting the mod back to a playable state. Files needing work were the descr_strat, the descr_regions (all the hidden resources connected to the recruitment, the settlement loyalties deciding what rebels will spawn when a city revolts, the rebel entries under each settlement), the descr_win_conditions etc -it all had to be re-worked to the same state as the old version. I'm not finished with everything but there were quite the amount of work needing to be done just to get the mod to a playable state like in the old version.
5. Fortunately enough the BMDB, the EDU, the EDB, the descr_script-file, the descr_rebel_factions-file etc are already done since before. So the rebels and units are all ready, i just need to put them back on the map and of course place out all the hidden resources instructing the game to make units recruitable from certain places only.
6. The fact that we replaced the old map has solved the old CTD-issue with needing to play a battle before starting the campaign. This issue is gone. I haven't fought any battles in the campaign yet so i don't know how stable the mod is during the battles - or after battles.
7. I've managed to re-add all the factions seen in the released version with all their old family members etc. It didn't work to simply copy the entries, as i needed to add new coordinates for the new map - or it would not start. I've also added more family members after looking at many different Game of Thrones-mods. So House Stark has more starting generals now. I'm going to continue with adding more to the others as well.
8. The Nights Watch has been properly implemented to the mod in the campaign. The recruitment isn't done yet but they do have all their starting areas, their family members/generals and their alliances. The goals haven't been added yet for any faction.
9. I've added House Targaryen, the Wildlings and the Nights Watch to the selection screen of the campaign and fixed their UI. I still need to implement the Wildlings and House Targaryen to the actual map. I did also update the "special unit pictures" with the House words, just like Peaman did in Fire and Blood.
GoT Enhanced will be different in the sense it is only set in WoFK- and using different scripts/features unless Peaman decides to use them as well.
The mod crashed at various stages as the AI - like on turn 59, 79 etc but would play long after each restart. After i changed some ownerships in the descr_regions-file to make Stannis have cities loyal to him instead of to the Night's watch faction, and the Nights Watch have their castle's and towns loyal to them, and not House Stark - the game got more stable!
Maybe it's luck? But it is still going and hasn't crashed.. I've been letting the AI play for probably two hours or something. The turns are extremely fast due to no faction being able to recruit anything but ships and mercenaries. The starting armies are there but nothing is recruitable after from the main rosters. The regions all have Westerland rebels currently. I do hope the mod will stay as stable as it is now even after adding the rest of the recruitment, the rebels- and the victory conditions. It's on turn 2000 soon.
I do plan to add House Targaryen and the Wildings to the campaign, and the Wildlings will get Mammoths and Giants as well. I still haven't decided from where? The Warcraft Mammoths doesn't look right, the BotET ones would be perfect (used in the German mod as well) but i don't have permission -no one has permission to use those. There are also the ones in "A Song of Ice and Fire" but they are more like elephants with a new skin. Hm, Elder Scrolls also have Mammoths that do look better than the ones in Warcraft etc. We'll see what i will use in the end. The Giants too is a big questionmark.
Then i want to add "The Others" to the mod with the same units as in Fire and Blood". Possibly the "Free Cities of Braavos" as Daenarys will need an enemy in Essos before reaching Westeros. All of the "Free Cities" are in the mod, as well as the Dothraki capital (where Dany will start). Dany is going to have large forces from the start as they will lack settlements compared to the Free Cities. The Others will replace the Dothraki faction for the Mongols-slot. They will be able to spawn during the late campaign. I do also intend to make Aegon a possible spawning faction using the unused Timurid slot.
But we'll see about all of this. All i can say right now is that i'm not finished yet with making it fully playable, but the mod seems to go on forever without a CTD on the campaign map at least. As of writing this it's now on turn 2161.
Btw, there are textures from 2017 that will enable me to add the rest of the planed minor house units for the old factions as well.
VltimaRatio didn't send me his new models from this summer, but he told me he were working on a AopK version of his own.
Since the above update on october 17 2019 not much have been going on for my part. However, Peaman is actively developing his GoT Enhanced inspired multi-campaign mod Game of Thrones: Fire & Blood. In this mod he has been learning new skills and made new units through unit editing in MS3D using the textures and meshes that VltimaRatio (modeller of Game of Thrones Enhanced: Total War) left behind.
I did lend him a hand with the Dragons, and made the general/Dany fit the sadle on the dragon. I'm thinking GoT Enhanced might want to use the same dragons and some of the new units. Peaman have also learnt how to rig strat_models, add unique strat model heroes etc. I haven't really been active but we had a deal to help each other- so any GoT Enhanced styled models from his mod might be used in this mod as well.
And on a final note, Elessar HS on Discord wanted to join me in developing this mod- and I've been kind of tired on modding since i finished the Hyrule update on december 18, only working some on the Warcraft mod since then. I sent him the mod, after he previewed new stuff that he had prepared for this mod and Fire and Blood- such as new ancillary art, new faction symbols for all the factions of Fire & Blood etc. He really wanted to implement the family members/generals with unique ancillaries and traits to the map of this mod made by SoulGamesInc. I've gotten SGI's permission to use the map during last may of 2019.
So Elessar is now actively developing this mod, but i'm getting the interest back to co-develop it- after reading my october post and remembering that i had finished more than i thought. Well, Elessar will be the main developer and i will help out if he needs my help.
There are also some stuff i want to add to the mod that i will add if it's not added by Elessar. - Such as new animations, monster units for the Wildlings/The Others, Dragons from Fire and Blood, new strat_models from Fire and Blood, unique house strat_models from Fire and Blood, new GoT Enhanced styled units/officers/banner carriers from Fire and Blood, The Others as a faction from Fire and Blood.
Here are some work by Elessar that will be used in this mod to some extent, and in Fire and Blood i believe:
The sigils of Essos factions are most likely only to be used in Fire and Blood- with the exception of the Free Cities of Braavos. House Targaryen will of course be included- possibly both Dany and Aegon.
Elessars new ancillaries in a preview.
And this is all for now. /Mr_Nygren
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
EDIT 2017-03/09: Update with quote-fix fixing the CTD:s after most battles, UI-image fix fixing CTD:s for Lannisters when they recruit units using these...
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.