Updated 8-20-2017 -- New screenshots added. More next week.
It's been about a decade since Kane's Wrath was released and I had envisioned this mod to end the C&C series after the disappointment of C&C4. I did accept some of the C&C4 canon of the story. Until the first release is here, early spoilers of the story (and characters) based on this expansion mod are not allowed here. Yes, even heroes get their names in the mod.
Plus the delay of the expansion mod: Moddb.com
All changes developed in previous versions of Kane's Wrath Reloaded are mentioned in the PDF readme file. Those added changes/assets have been carried over to this expansion mod. So for the early changes that I had made to this mod (none of which were ever released publicly), this list is not complete and new changes will be added without notice. There are no guarantees that all changes will be in this expansion mod. I haven't given up this yet, but it'll get there.
Pre-Alpha version 0.1 changes (done)
- Most AptUIs have been modified to use the Scrin purple theme, including the main menu but temporarily had the ShellEarth and its objects in the main menu unaffected due to conflicts of modding the original main menu.
- Replaced the new modified Tacitical HUD in-game thanks to permission from DetroyT[RU] via the Omega Group.
- MP/skirmish startup rules changed for credits from 5000 to 100000.
- Added stats to all factional units and structures via mod.str.
- Added Chronoshaders by Chronosheep and shadow.fx from C&C4.
- New main menu and options music present including the credits.
- New C&C logo changed in the main menu but no transparency.
- New C&C splash logos changed before C&C3 is loaded.
- New EA logo video from C&C4 before the main menu.
- Replaced Main Menu video from the C&C3 A New Experience mod.
- Modified the ShellEarth object and textures with the purple theme.
- Temporarily set the INIs and Eurostyle URW font imported from KW Reloaded.
Pre-Alpha version 0.2 changes (done)
- All Engineers can now capture neutral/enemy vehicle units only if they are immobile.
- BootupSequence changed for a random texture when loading campaign or custom missions.
- Added preliminary sky texturing for inbounding maps.
- New modified skirmish and possibly campaign mission maps are added for better zooming and sky texturing added via Freecam, but need to figure out how to handle size of geometry health bars as fixed without changing (needs 1200 zoom). Same goes to the Tutorial Xbox 360 map. This affects skirmish AI unless the maps are edited.
Alpha version 0.3 changes (done)
- Vanilla factions are re-edited with their own abilities, upgrades and support powers as it is from KW Reloaded.
- KW content of civilian/neutral objects, roads and ambient sounds are added.
- Some maps are fixed to be shown in the skirmish and MP menus, but some maps aren't showing sky textures yet including Ruined Arena.
- Added GDI Flash Tank, Nod Repair Mine Layer and Scrin Destroyer Warship units. Some shaders/textures aren't working yet.
- Scrin Defiler is now available to be built from the Warp Sphere.
- Most locomotor data pertaining to a unit is put into that unit.
- Description upgrades that require a building for all units are removed from the mod.str file.
Alpha version 0.35 changes (done)
- Steel Talons, ZOCOM, GAF, Reaper-17 and Traveler-59 factions are added with their own abilities, upgrades and support powers as it is from KW Reloaded.
- Experience veterancy levels are now added to all structures and units.
- Added new sky textures and skyboxes to a total of 31.
- Fixed all remaining maps not showing sky texturing correctly.
- The Main Menu/Skirmish Menu videos are changed for now until decided to be permanent.
- Camera zooming settings are now correct when zooming in or out of the battlefield, allowing vision of the sky.
- ZOCOM Ore Purifier is now buildable from Construction Yard.
- All factions will start out with five tanks at the start of skirmish/multiplayer mode.
- Structural changes to art asset paths have been modified for all KW/C&C4 and newer units and structures.
- Added tier-5 structures of GDI/NOD Command Centers and Scrin Control Node. All epic units are now tier-5 and some units are tweaked to become tier-4.
Alpha version 0.4 changes (WIP)
- LEGION, Special Recon Forces, Noble Air Force and Shield-98 factions added. They are not finalized yet despite having some same upgrades and support powers from their vanilla factions. Same goes to new units and structures. Shield-98 will be using all shielded units and defensive structures from Traveler-59. All Traveler-59 units which previously have shields are now removed.
- All sub-factions of GDI/NOD/Scrin which previously start with 5 tanks are no longer used because they don't work once you start a skirmish. Once again by default, all factions shall start with the Construction Yard or Drone Platform.
- All new units pertaining to those new factions are now added and replaced but not finalized yet, especially unit abilities.
- All preliminary new units for older factions are included but not finalized yet.
- Scrin Reaper is a new tier-4 mega walker unit for the Scrin and Reaper-17 only using the Cyborg Reaper as the model but much enlarged. The idea of the modified unit is inspired by the Mass Effect Trilogy.
- GAF Sidam is a new unit to replace the APC.
- GAF Orca Gunship is a new unit to replace the Orca Paladin.
- NAF Demon is a new unit to replace the Cobra.
- Cyborg Dinobot is a new unit buildable for LEGION.
- New other tier-4 units: GDI Sheppard Tank (from C&C4), ST Gauss Titan (from C&C4), ZOCOM Flash Tank, GAF Plasma Tank, GDI Zone Lancer, NOD Enlightened, Scrin Templar
- NOD Elite Confessor Cabal will now be a tier-3 unit for all NOD factions.
- Added new Intel Database entries from KW and added new entries for new GDI, NOD and Scrin units pertaining to the expansion mod.
- Added remaining roads, rocks, shrubbery and ambient sounds from RA3 Uprising and C&C4. Added some ambient sounds from C&C Generals/Zero Hour.
- Added 30 music tracks in-game totaling over 670+ MB of data. Works under the 4GB tool usage and may need a 64-bit PC to handle enough RAM to minimize out-of-memory crashes.
Alpha version 0.45 changes (not there yet)
- LEGION, Special Recon Forces, Noble Air Force and Shield-98 factions fully added with their units, structures, support powers, upgrades, unit abilities and eva voices.
Beta version 0.5 changes (not there yet)
- The Forgotten and Russian factions fully added with their units, structures, support powers, upgrades, unit abilities and eva voices.
- Most of the Intel Database entires added to GDI/NOD/Scrin sections are completed.
- Kane and Alma Prodigy are no longer buildable in skirmish, MP and SP missions.
- Yuriko Omega will be added into the mod and is not a buildable unit.
- Shogun Executioner will have its ultimate shockwave ability.
- All other new units have been inputted into their respective factions.
- Some units that previously do not have art formations shown are now fixed.
- The first six mission maps of Tacitus Revolution will be included.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.