Welcome fans of BFME and LOTR
On this page i will introduce you with my mod for Rise of the Witch-King, on which i worked on for the past 2 years
Before playing this mod, be sure that you have patched the game with 2.01 version
The Battles of the Third Age (BOTTA) mod is a mod for The Battle for Middle Earth - The Rise of the Witch King.
This mod tends to follow the lore of books and films along with bringing the realism in the gameplay, and generally concentrates of the happenings in the Third age of Middle Earth, so you will see almost every character that fought in the battles of this age, for example: Bolg, Beorn, Imrahil, Shagrat etc.
Lots of the balance from the vanilla games is fixed so be free to expect some new gameplay styles and new strategies and tactics that you will use in order to destroy your enemy.To do that, you will get help from the new Heroes and Units and their new Powers that are in this mod.
No rush tactics anymore, AI wont charge on you in the first 5 minutes, giving you no time to expand your camp and upgrade your economy. Gameplay now focuses on defense, rather than offense like in the vanilla game. So you will have a lot of time for preparing for battle, upgrading your units and level up your Heroes.
- Stronger Heroes
- Stronger Structures
- New Game balance
- New Heroes, Units, Buildings and Powers
- New and improved Textures for every single Hero or Unit in the game
- Smaller battalions
- New Upgrades
- New Siege system
- New Upgrade systems
- New sounds and effects
- Ring Heroes doesn't work
- War of the Ring mode is buggy
Stay tuned for more news and screenshots
Instead of releasing a bug fix, i decided to take some more time and actually make a number of new changes and features, so this is a patch instead, rather than a simple bugfix.
- "Orc Tribes", "Hillman Plundering" and "Men of Carn Dum" buttons fixed, now work properly
- Azog now properly respawns
- "Dwarves of the Iron Hills" summon power from the Dwarven fortress now has a proper cool down
- Radagast is properly limited to 1, and can be spawned properly
- Fimbul doesnt get experience when he mounts his warg
- Banner Carrier model for various unit fixed when standing near Armory or Forge
- "Curumo Skillfullness" fixed, now can be properly cast on buildings
- "Nenya's Preservance" fixed, now can be properly cast on buildings
- Various description and requirement texts are now properly wrote down, so the player can know the proper upgrade requirement and such.
- Other small bugs are fixed
- Celeborn now requires 35 CP instead 45
- Tower and Catapult expansion from Angmar Wall are removed
- Angmar Orcs, Wildman of Dunland and Wildman Axethrowers can now upgrade Banner Carrier without it upgraded in Armory
- Summoned Iron Hills Dwarves are now fully upgraded
- Fili's and Kili's last ability is now enabled even if they are not close to eachother
- Fili's "Axe Volley" now lasts longer
- AI now fully upgrades units and builds up the base a bit better
Outpost added in every faction, except Goblin-Town and Erebor. They serve as a base expansion and are limited to 2. So now you can have up to 3 bases, the main base with the Fortress and two more with Outposts.
Each Outpost produce resources, can be garrisonable, and can recruit Heroes and Builders
The reason Goblin-Town and Erebor doesnt have Outposts is because Goblin-Town can build anywhere because of the Skull Posts that Shaman can create. Erebor doesnt have one because they can build structures around Summoned Citadel from the Spellbook.
The reason i added Outposts is to give a player a little more freedom concerning base building and expansion. A lot of you guys disliked the space limitation of buildings, so i hope this addition will make a game more easier.
And another thing, Siege Trolls still cause game crash sometimes, so use them with caution
Thats it for now
GREAT NEWS GUYS!!!
Custom Heroes and Load/Save bugs ARE FINNALY FIXED
Thanks to Ealendril from Edain Mod who solved this problem, you can FINALY, after such a long time, create your Custom Heroes and save and load your games.
Im so happy about this, since theese were the most famous bugs this mod has.
I hope you are excited like me and i hope youcan enjoy even more.
Again, thank you Ealendril..
The 1.0 Beta patch will be uploaded againwith these new features
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post download and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.