Some guy from Russia, trying to learn how to speak English properly and doing a lot better in translations from it.
One of the best dune-based games I ever played. If not THE best.
TL;DR - very pretty but lack interesting gameplay elements even with new mechanics.
- very high quality level detail and lighting
- new gravity device
- QR codes out of place for HL based mod.
- "wolf and flock" puzzle contradicts any zombie interaction logic you used in original game and mods earlier
- packs of zombies is not very interesting or logical enemies - how those mixed zombie crowds (regular and zombines) even got there in those numbers?
- new device make your weapons obsolete in most cases
- final fight set piece is great but fight itself is not very interesting "find a rocket while running in circles under fire" process
Quality bad game IMHO
Let me explain it to you. Somehow it combines finest moments with terrible ones.
+ Absolutely gorgeous ambient music
+ Lovely lighting
+ Good UI design
- Absolutely awful choice for footsteps sound. My had actually started to hurt I'm not exaggerating!
- Lack of ambient soundscape in general
- Terrible firefights. That is corridor shooter for you!
- Puzzles with in-your-face solutions
- Boring level design. Too much of straight lines I guess.
Overall outcome is mediocre at best.
7/10 good fighting experience not without flaws, can be tedious sometimes.
Needs more unavoidable fight situations.
I mean I won most of the fights by corner ninja method - stay out of battle area if possible and shoot behind a corner. Good example is a small cabin with glass windows in a first fight - I just waited for Combine soldiers to go up a ramp and meet my buckshot into face.
Needs more calm moments in between fights.
I mean come on this non stop action is not good for HL based mod. Good example is a first hunter battle - casual players will probably ragequit at this point. Where is exploration moments?
Needs more reason in map building.
I had a feeling of playing series of rooms connected together. I discovered rebel soldiers in Combine locked area (?). I discovered gravity gun occasionally just to remove an energy barrier and later discovered there was no containment for zombies from other side at all.
Good old Half-Life 2 mod feel:
Nice variety of indoor and outdoor areas.
Nice variety of fights: combine soldiers and zombies.
Few simple puzzles.
I rate it 9/10 only because it feels good but generic after all this years of HL2 mods and story only hinted to us.
First of all, transition were seamless. Not a single loss of quality.
Two major complaints though:
- reduce amount of aliens in HECU vs Xen battles at least by third
- fix VERY heavy performance issues in boiler room
Very good, just add more bombing, screen shaking and debris falling from ceiling. And blazing alarm sound in Garg scene.
At least thats how I remember it.
Tons of cool stuff, cool ideas and neat visuals without sense of overall direction. Looks like "let's just throw it in" without asking why and what for. All that for nothing because you get your generic shooter in the end.
Seriously, despite all the possibilities gameplay consists of bots running around and shooting at you. This game needs a much better level design in terms of gameplay.
No reviews were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the review list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.