Some guy from Russia, trying to learn how to speak English properly and doing a lot better in translations from it.
Game Review on Nov 25th, 2011 - 3 people agree 5 people don't
Basically, big graphic overhaul for Oblivion. Same problems though.
- UI. You can't assign anything at numeric keys. You got that Q button which helps you change weapon in three steps instead of one.
- Bad animations. Horse riding is pain to watch after M&B and RDR. And you still can't fight mounted!
- Unbelievable NPC behavior. Repetitive quotes -- beyond belief. Stealth is a joke again. "I think I heard something!" -- No ****???
- Scale of the world is just not enough for desirable epicness. Everything is feels very tight like taking place in your backyard.
- Questionable level design. Unavoidable fights, which are triggered and you can't avoid them. (so much for stealth)
- Whole big world revolves around YOU. That lazy bastards, can't do anything without you. And of course they trust you first time they ever see you.
- Dialogues is poetic and beautiful. "Oh hi, stranger, go to X, bring me Y". Somebody was disappointed with Fallout 3? Really?
- Questionable design for leveling. Perks is great innovation, but the main and secondary skills are gone? Gaining experience at everything -- in Elder Scrolls game?
This game is stuck in 2006. It's good but not great -- same scale, same problems. And overall feeling -- it is... sketchy.
Real MUST PLAYS for PC so far:
Battlefield 3 (when not CTD)
Mod Review on Nov 14th, 2011 - 2 people agree
At first i was like "Ah, again some art house mod, going to be pretentious and boring as always". Boy I was wrong!
The most exciting adventure game since "The Longest Journey". And I don't like adventures at all!
The art style is wisely done and atmospheric. You can clearly say - Water is belong to water, pardon the pun. Then she's outside every color is desaturated - dry land is an alien world to her. Even more - she's flying like a dolphin under water and she's completely helpless on a dry land. Brilliant achievement in immersion! I even got a 'horror feeling' with growing tension at one part because I was outside water too long.
The puzzles is not overcomplicated and most important thing - they are interesting and sometimes hilarious to solve. There's nothing you can't handle. At the same time they utilizes Water's unique abilities at max. I won't spoil anything to you but couple of puzzles made me LMAO like a madman.
And the specific sense of humor of course. The reason for Water's quest alone is enough to make you grin like a Joker. Not to mention further jokes.
So far the mod is polished as it was a retail game. At least I was not experienced any technical problems. The only thing I want to see or more exactly to hear is a full voice over. It will add even more charm into this piece of gamedesign art. I'm not counting the intro, it was... uh... not very inspiring.
So download it and play it, it will take only 2 hours at max, but you will enjoy every second of it!
Game Review on Nov 9th, 2011
No review provided
Game Review on Sep 26th, 2011
No review provided
Mod Review on Aug 5th, 2011
Thanks a lot for creating this!
I'm not sure I've found every possible endings. (Got 4 so far)
But I'm sure I'm died from laughter doing this!
Narration is incredible. Both male and female (you should play to know).
And the 'right' ending feels sooo sarcastic. :D
Play it guys, it beats Dear Esther by a mile IMO.
Mod Review on Jul 27th, 2011
No review provided
Mod Review on Jul 22nd, 2011 - 1 person agrees
This is how you make your maps.
Great attention to little details, pacing, firefights, difficulty - everything is great.
Also, play another mod from Magnar: Whoopservatory - another little brilliant mod.
Mod Review on Jul 18th, 2011
A MUST play for any HL2 owner.
Game Review on Jun 21st, 2011 - 2 people agree
I think this game was overlooked and very underrated.
It's dark, atmospheric, very fun in gameplay and music is just epic awesomeness. This is not your regular heroic Jedi fragfest.
Mod Review on Mar 31st, 2011 - 2 people agree
This month is pretty awesome for me. Underhell was first and now we have this high quality work.
It may be boring at times due to big spaces and pretty dark too but has the most important thing many of modders seems to forgot - great firefights in very well planned areas. What else you could ask for? Well, may be for actual SECURING of White forest in the end.
Make Ep. 2! It's worth it.