I've recently been getting more into PC mods, particularly for those utilising the source engine.
OHH LET'S HAVE IT
Because he's being a bellend.
Aw mate, I wish this was still going.
This is some pretty swanky build up. Props to you, creator.
You let us all down.
As long as it takes.
Hit me with a new version! Can't wait to play it again! :)
Just finished 2.1 - really enjoyed it albeit I feel it could've done with a few improvements:
- The car, for obvious reasons.
- Voice acting really would benefit the story but do use include it infrequently!
- Whilst in the 'skeleton' classroom, the vent never broke open and I was stuck there for quite a while before I had to no clip after watching a playthrough whereby it broke open! I think that's a bug that needs fixing.
- Ambience: At times, the silence is really great and I love the use of music when you first get chased in the red corridor but just consider maybe using a little more for effect at parts - especially towards the end (final level).
- The corridor/chase sequence I experienced led me to initially flip a switch near a generator that filled the facility with a poison gas (?) - I don't think this is a great idea, I feel as though the path needs to be clearer but there needs to be reason for the player to be desperate to escape.
- The pursuer needs a little more improvement. The locations that he stares at you from are good but his permenant locations (like the corridor visible from outside and the corner at the edge of the park) very quickly become opportunities for the player to lose fear of it by being able to openly view what practically looks like a minecraft character. There needs to be exaggeration of the features to create a grotesque or otherwise more intimidating feel to it.
- General clues are needed to make the whole experience a little clearer. I dig the ambiguity of it but towards the end - I really was just wondering around with no idea of what to do.
I absolutely loved the changing environments and the creepiness of all of it - the last level was great, because even as things got weird; you bewildered us even more to hit us with another scare much alike one of my favourite horror movies (Rec). Furthermore, the cinematics (despite being limited) were amazing!
Keep at it mate!
I know it is, I've read it.
I'm not outright tearing down your work, just attempting to help you if you were to continue making mods etc.
I'm going out for dinner.
When I come back, I'm going to play it.
If the food is good then my expectations will be high.
Played it through just now. Some comments from me.
First off: Well done.
First chapter was very atmospheric. Liked the music and the colour designs a lot, very gloomy and ultimately quite intimidating.
However, I'm going to have to stop most of my positive remarks there.
Character design was nice but lacked variation on the human side of things. I loved the suspense you get from facing a huge mob of them converging on you in a street - but when they're all exactly the same, it wears off pretty fast.
The two headcrab designs were pretty good as well - but the animations for the large creature/zombie and the fish/fast zombie were quite buggy. More often than not, I'd kill them only to have them clip through the floor.
The audio of the creatures wasn't filled in for, which made me fairly disappointed.
The environments aren't particularly challenging or detailed either. I mean, the amount of invisible walls I ran into were very frustrating. I also had to noclip to continue as there was no clear way to reach the point that activated the crane on the beach level!
I don't know. This had a good start but it deteriorated pretty fast - the lack of information on where to go, what to do, the story or why you were even bothering to do what it was you were doing just bewildered me.
The ending too - just a random camera angle and then a really loud explosion sound that went after the actual explosion had ocurred.
Ever still, keep trying I suppose.
Listening to Tigers Jaw and downloading now. +1 for the effort evident in the videos guys, looking forward to playing it.
Just finished my playthrough. Some feedback from me:
I like the idea but it needs a bit more explanation from the characters. It's all good being obscure at the start but when you meet the character with whom you have an unfortunate incident with a chair - I feel like you should give a bit more. I found myself continuing on with no real sense of direction or anything giving me purpose to go from one place to another.
The environments are well detailed, really liked that.
The combat is a bit bog standard albeit I doubt you could have done anything about that so no worries.
I feel there's a lot of potential with this, I just have one issue:
The voice acting. It's absolutely abysmal! There's no sense of emotion behind the words that the characters are speaking and it's just driving me mad listening to it.
Aside from that one complaint and my feedback - good job, kept me interested and it's very nice.
Looks good man. Can't wait to see what you come up with. :)
Hey guys, can anyone tell me the name of the music that plays with the 'insanity' ending? I think it's played on a keyboard. Is it used or is it original music?
Thank you, so ******* much.
Also, does anyone know the name of the music that plays during the Blue Door ending?
I love this mod, so bad.
Honestly, if you could create different, equally as small mods with different characters and aspects of philosophy - I would be a very happy chappy.
Until then, I shall endevour to survive and continue to celebrate this great mod.
Quite fun :D
A suggestion is perhaps music, orchestral or classical music - a person favourite of mine is 'To Heal' by Underworld. The most peaceful music I've ever heard, would accompany the violence well - Youtube.com
Vehicles are particularly appealing. I'd love to see more enemies and more ways to vanquish them :)
Slightly bigger maps, same skybox is nice though.
Slow motion is still very nice. Jumping out of a plane is a random idea, falling for a long time with music. Hmm...
I shall play with you, old chap. Steam ID is Alienhell663
I do hope you chaps get to release 2.0 soon, very, very keen to get some WWI stuff going on. I roam the servers from time to time and just mess about with the artillery. My steam ID is Alienhell663 if anyone is up for a game, either before 2.0 or after it's release.
Amazing Game. Scared The Living Crap out of me.
It's because the only server that was up and running for the game is down. It crashed about 2 months ago. I saw it happen. So don't bother till the creator get's another server up.
There were servers. I was one of the last people online. Then the server just crashed. Permenantly. It's been about a month now. So Until they fix it or get a new one it's dead!!!
Yeah crowbar should be inplace of the gravity gun.
i agree with everyone else who says it is dead. Completely :dead: