Modern Warfare Mod Version 5.0
World in Conflict Tenth Year Anniversary
Highlights of new features in 5.0:
- Addition of 5 new community made maps (Provence, BlackForest, Delta, Lobyek, Freedom) -- included in the map pack installer.
- Many improvements to light combat vehicles and infantry fire teams.
- New units: BMP-3M IFV for REDFOR, M-ATV for BLUEFOR
- Addition of DPRK nuclear ballistic missile launcher for REDFOR side
- Significant improvements to the S-300 SAM for REDFOR, including new ability to shoot down ATACMS tactical ballistic missiles.
- Upgrade of the Patriot SAM for BLUEFOR, new addition of the PAC-3 Missile Segment Enhancement (MSE) and M903 launcher complex (purchased via TA menu).
NOTE: This mod requires your World in Conflict to be patched to the latest version (220.127.116.11 / Update 11). or it will not work. If you purchased WiC via online distribution (i.e. Steam), your game should already be updated to the latest version. Otherwise, download the latest patches here: Massgate.org
Choose which type of install you would like to do. Please note that the installer is only compatible with Windows Vista, 7, 8 and Windows 10. Not Windows XP.
Download Installer from ModDB:
Download Installer from WiC MW Mod Mirror:
This is a full version of the mod. Even if you don't have the mod at all this will install it as the current version. If you do have a previous version, it will update you to the current version.
New map pack has been released together with the Mod version 5.0. Please update your map pack by using the installer download link below. Simply run the installer, it'll overwrite the old files and update you to the latest version.
IMPORTANT! If you had previously downloaded "mdc_Aurons" and/or "mdc_Happoland" through our Addons page, PLEASE REMOVE them! These maps are now provided by the new Map Pack and are incompatible. Older versions of Aurons and Happoland can be found at: \My Documents\World in Conflict\downloaded\maps folder. Remove the following files: "mdc_Happoland.sdf" and "mdc_Aurons.sdf"
Due to the increasing complexity in the simulation of missiles, aircraft, artillery, and more- Modern Warfare Mod requires a higher-end system than specified on the original World in Conflict system requirements.
These are now the recommended system requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit or newer (Windows 10 is fully supported)
- Processor: 2nd Generation Intel i5/i7 or high-end AMD Quad Core FX
- RAM: 4 GB or more
- Graphics card: DirectX 11 NVidia or AMD ATI card, Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 or ATI Radeon 6950 or higher.
- Graphics card memory: 1 GB or more
- Sound card: DirectX compatible sound card
At minimum, your system (including video card) must maintain 27 frames per second or higher, and 40fps or higher is recommended for a good gameplay experience. Below 27 fps, numerous homing projectiles may miss their targets or fail to perform altogether. Try lowering your graphics settings if you cannot achieve enough frame rate.
World in Conflict and MW Mod both support multi-threading.
Multiplayer is NOT required to enjoy the mod. If you'd like to play solo (setup skirmish matches with bots), simply click "PLAY SOLO" under "SETUP GAME" menu option. If however, you'd like to play multiplayer online (with a friend etc), please see below.
Important Update Regarding Multiplayer:
Ubisoft Massive has shutdown the Massgate multiplayer system in December 2015 -- this means that people could only play the mod through LAN or skirmish matches against bots.
Since then, tenerifs, Nukem and HouseBee have been working hard to resurrect the Massgate system back into service using community-made patch to World in Conflict. Visit www.massgate.org to download the new community-made patch to World in Conflict -- you can now play multiplayer using the Massgate system again.
MW Mod has been fully tested for compatibility with Massgate.org, through cooperation with Massgate.org developers. You can host your game session and invite friends through the Massgate.org system! The only minor caveat is, clients may receive "maps not installed" warning message even if they have the proper maps -- this is a known bug and can be safely ignored if you have all of the proper maps.
For details on how to host a game with your friends or other MW Mod players, please see: Understanding Multiplayer for WiC MW Mod.
Lastly, dedicated servers (wic_ds) for Modern Warfare Mod are now technically feasible (thanks to Nukem). More information is at Moddb.com
To find other MW Mod players, please join our Steam group !
Firstly, here are some lists that may be useful:
Complete development change log follows.
Change Log 5.0 Build 8122 (codename: Megatron)
Last updated September 16, 2017
Maps and Miscellaneous Changes
- Enlarged play field and extended domination time on all default game maps.
- Added do_Highway - domination version of tw_Highway
- (Mod Map Pack 5.0 Release): Added the following community made maps that have recently been recovered (thanks to val93entin for recovering them):
- do_Delta (River Crossing Water)
Be sure to download the new MW Mod 5.0 Map Pack installer to get these new maps.
- Tactical Aid Menu: Raised prices for the following non-interceptable TA's: Tankbuster, Cluster Bomb
Game and Unit Changes
- Mobile FARP Helicopters:
- Lowered purchase price as follows: Air and Infantry roles: 750, other roles: 900
- In addition to repairing and rearming other helicopters, Mobile FARP chopper can air transport the following vehicles:
- NATO Fire Control Radar (MEADS MFCR)
- M1097 Avenger SAM
- M1025 HMMWV
- Sprut SD
- Kornet-E ATGM Vehicle
- SHORAD IR SAMs: Rmax_Y for launch inhibit is now calculated on the range difference between the target and the launcher, not the target's altitude from the ground.
- (BLUEFOR) Iron Dome TEL: other roles may now purchase (at 900 premium price for out-of-role)
- (REDFOR) Mi-28 SPO-15 Radar Warning Receiver: alerts player with RADAR LOCK tone when Patriot MPQ-65 moves the player to search-while-track for higher resolution
- (REDFOR) Tor M1 Medium SAM: command guidance signal distance increased by 30%
- (REDFOR) CAAI Script: If REDFOR AI's support player's missile launch site is not suppressed, it may launch a nuclear missile at BLUEFOR spawn areas every 6 to 8 minutes. Nuclear missile will only fire when AI chooses to attack enemy spawn due to lack of visible targets at the frontline. To minimize friendly fire, missile attacks at the frontline will always remain conventional
- (BLUEFOR) FGM-148 Javelin for infantry AT: range increased to 200wm (2km scaled)
- Infantry changes:
- Increased cover stealth (forest & building). Stealth is reduced when unit opens fire.
- Anti-infantry Fire Team: now reveals units in smoke or hidden infantry within 50 wic meters (~500m scaled)
- JTAC/FAC infantry: more difficult to spot out in the open terrain when using the Defensive Ability button. Stealth is invalidated when unit lases a target.
- (REDFOR) 9M133 Kornet ATGM (launched from GAZ-2975 Kornet-E vehicle):
- Unit will now automatically fire ATGM on any suitable targets.
- Offensive special ability is replaced with JFSN artillery call-for-fire button
- increased burn profile for better kinematics at maximum range
- fixed problem where turret gets stuck while aiming for a target
- launch animation (back blast) when unit fires missile
- (BLUEFOR) M1134 Stryker TOW ATGM:
- fixed TOW not auto-acquiring on target problem
- tracker provides 360 degrees guidance beam outbound missile (similar to Kornet-E vehicle)
- (REDFOR) BM-21: added launch animation
- (BLUEFOR) Stryker MGS: ammunition changed to 18x M456A2 HEAT-T, smoke screen recharge time is 30s
- (REDFOR) **New Unit!** Amphibious Infantry Fighting Vehicle (BMP-3M):
- New BMP-3M IFV for REDFOR faction, 30mm autocannon, 100mm HE, plus ATGM and amphibious crossing capability. Compliments BMP-2 and BTR-82 for infantry transport and supporting main battle tanks.
- To fire the 100mm HE, use Attack-Ground (press and hold 'F' key then left click on your target). ATGM and 30mm will auto-fire.
- Light and medium combat vehicles - lowered pricing as follows:
- Stryker MGS: 600 (from 650)
- M2 Bradley IFV: 600 (from 650)
- AAVP7A1: 600
- LAV-AD: 650 for out-of-role purchases (from 750), 600 for infantry
- Stryker ICV: 600 (from 650)
- BMP-3M: 600
- BMP-2: 600
- BTR-82A: 600
- (BLUEFOR) **New Unit!** MRAP All Terrain Vehicle (M-ATV):
- Replaces HMMWV for Light Utility Vehicle under support panel in the reinforcement menu
- All roles may purchase this unit (non-support players purchase as out-of-role)
- 40mm Mk19 grenade launcher, slightly improved armor protection
- Can heal infantry, repair vehicles and call for artillery fire.
- Old M1025 HMMWV may still be purchased via tactical aid menu (Airdropped Transport).
- (BLUEFOR) 40mm Mk19 grenade launcher (AAVP7A1 and M-ATV): max range increased to 1.5km
- (BLUEFOR) M1097 Avenger SAM:
- Reduced armor to match same value as M1025 HMMWV
- Reduced price to 550 for all roles
- Scout helicopters (MQ-1B UAV, Ka-27):
- MQ-1B and Ka-27 can reveal hidden infantry in forest & buildings in immediate vicinity
- Scout helicopters now have taller eye height and can better reveal targets hiding between structures
- Increased laser designator range out to 3.2km
- Increased artillery call-for-fire range out to 3.2km
- Attack Helicopters:
- Nerfed blast radius against infantry to 20m (from 25m) for rockets
- (REDFOR) Mi-28N: ATGM updated to 9M120M standard
- 9M120M: peak velocity is 1.6 Mach, avg velocity is 1.3 Mach, control surfaces are more responsive to guidance commands
- AIM-9X and R-73M: adjusted CCM (counter-counter measures) behavior
- SAMs and air-to-air missiles using proximity fuze: detonation velocity is hypersonic
- Joint Targeting & Designation System (JTDS):
- fixed aircraft getting stuck and flipping back and forth when FOB is spawned against the edge of the map
- helicopters with air-to-air missiles (AIM-92, AIM-9X, 9M39):
- Helicopter air-to-air missiles can now be targeted against cruise missiles
- Rmax_Y for launch inhibit is now calculated on height difference between the target and the chopper, not the target's altitude from ground
- helicopter IFFCC: smarter thresholds to reduce excessive "pull up!" (GCAS) bitching betty messages
- (REDFOR) 57E6 (Pantsir S1) SAM:
- proximity fuze sensor location updated at missile forebody: target must pass on fuze detection angles to detonate
- adjusted lead gain when applying guidance commands after motor burnout
- (BLUEFOR) Tamir (Iron Dome) SAM:
- player now receives score & TA when intercepting artillery rockets with Iron Dome
- (BLUEFOR) Phalanx Land Weapon System (LPWS) / C-RAM:
- (art team) new model
- bug fix - peak fire rate is 4,500 rpm, not 8,640 rpm
- (BLUEFOR) Missile Defense Radar: now purchasable by all roles
- (REDFOR) S-300 SAM (ADMS 5.0):
- First integration work for moving to S-400 standard specs
- 48N6 missile:
- improved thrust profile
- missile now uses energy-efficient flight trajectory for enroute control (mid-course guidance)
- (art team) new model
- Battle Management Radar: 64N6 Big Bird is now 91N6E
- Improved data exchange between Heavy SAM fire units and 91N6E Battle Management Radar
- Forward deploying Battle Management Radar will instruct the AI to designate the immediate surrounding area as Defended Asset zone. Heavy SAMs in the rear/spawn areas will launch their SAMs at long range to cover the extended distance.
- Individual Heavy SAM fire units can now use Attack-Ground (force-fire) to force-radiate the fire control radar to the desired sector azimuth. In addition, force-firing of Heavy SAM will allow the unit to continuously receive target queuing data from the 91N6 Battle Management Radar, significantly increasing the engagement range of Heavy SAM. For example, a forward deployed 91N6 Battle Management Radar can queue a Heavy SAM in the spawn zone to remote launch a missile from one side of the map to the other.
- S-300 Anti-Tactical Ballistic Missile (ATBM) Defense Capability:
Battle Management Radar is now able to detect and track BLUEFOR tactical ballistic missiles (ATACMS):
To enable ATBM support, you must use Attack-Ground (force-fire) on both Battle Management Radar and Heavy SAM units, AFTER you've enabled both offensive and defensive special abilities on them:
- For Battle Management Radar:
1. Enable Offensive Ability first on the unit
2. Use Attack-Ground (press F key then left click) on any ground to enable TBM search
- For Heavy SAM fire units:
1. Enable both Offensive Ability and Defensive Ability first on the Heavy SAM squad unit.
2. Use Attack-Ground on desired azimuth you want your Heavy SAM to defend from TBMs.
Engagement altitude for 48N6 missile against ballistic targets is 20-26km in game. Blast fragmentation warhead with proxmity-fuse is used for kill mechanism.
- Cruise missiles:
- Adjusted terminal dive behavior slightly.
- Russian 9M728/Iskander-K: will now perform pitch up and dive maneuver same as Tomahawk
- Out-of-role TA costs are equal for both factions
- Launch sequencer (LSEQ): 3 second ripple timer between individual launches is no longer enforced when launches are separated by a least 500wm (5kms scaled) distance of one another.
- (art team): new wreck fx
- (REDFOR) Kh-31P and Kh-25MPU ARM: flight trajectories updated
- (REDFOR) Medium Range Ballistic Missile (Shahab-3): increased CEP to 2km (from 1.5km)
- (REDFOR) **New Unit!** DPRK Medium Range Ballistic Missile - Nuclear (Hwasong-7):
- Launches a North Korean No Dong 1 missile (same platform as Shahab-3) configured with a 20 kiloton nuclear warhead. Unit can only be purchased from the Tactical Aid menu.
The reentry vehicle takes about 3 minutes to arrive on target from ground launch and has a CEP of around 2km. Nuclear warhead will airburst at about 1,000 meters off the ground. Note that RV may be intercepted by BLUEFOR missile defenses as it passes through Patriot keepout altitudes.
- (BLUEFOR) MGM-168 ATACMS:
- price reduced to 25 TA for all roles (from 30)
- Accuracy is 9m CEP (from 10m).
- (REDFOR) 9M723K1 Iskander M:
- price is 12 TA for all roles
- Now performs highly aggressive terminal maneuvering to evade or stress missile defenses. Missile peaks at 55km altitude in height and begins terminal maneuvering at 30km altitude, changing position up to 2-3km away from existing ballistic trajectory. At 20km, it will re-maneuver to align on target position. At 300 meters altitude, IR imaging seeker will open up and lock onto any visible enemy vehicle target in seeker FOV.
PAC-3 launchers need to be located about 1/3rd the length of a map (5-10km distance) from the incoming Iskander to achieve successful intercept; otherwise, Iskander will aerodynamically defeat the interceptor.
New PAC-3 MSE (see below for more info) is mostly unaffected by Iskander's terminal maneuvers -- interceptor has plenty of energy to match divert requirements created by evasive maneuvers.
- (BLUEFOR) Patriot SAM - Weapons Control Computer (WCC) 8.5:
- **New Unit!** PAC-3 Missile Segment Enhancement (MSE) and M903 launch stations.
MSE significantly enhances the range and engagement altitude against Medium Range Ballistic Missile (MRBM) threats, which are the REDFOR side's No Dong/Shahab class missiles in game, with reentry velocities reaching Mach 8. Using a dual-pulse solid rocket booster, MSE also doubles the divert capability against Iskander maneuvering SRBM and theater ballistic missiles of all types.
Engagement altitudes against MRBM targets in game are as follows:
- PAC-3 MSE: 32km (36km maximum; interception by contact collision)
- Classic PAC-3 (CRI): 20km (interception by contact collision)
- PAC-2 (GEM-T): 15km (intercept by proximity fuse)
Note: To purchase MSE, you need to order from Tactical Aid menu - 27 TA points are required per launcher. Heavy SAM unit purchased from reinforcement menu is only equipped with classic PAC-3 CRI interceptors.
- With MSE's powerful dual-pulse rocket motor, a single MSE firing position can cover the entire game map against ballistic missiles of all types, however, it only has 12 ready-to-fire rounds per launcher. We recommend that you augment MSE launchers with TA-purchased 16x PAC-3 CRI launchers to help distribute work loads between MSE and PAC-3 CRIs.
When players mix the classic PAC-3 CRI with the new PAC-3 MSE launchers from TA purchase, AI will adjust its engagement doctrine to provide "Level III" defense protection against MRBMs for areas within radius of 375 wic meters (3.75km scaled) from the nearest Patriot battery or forward deployed NATO Fire Control Radar.
With Level III protection, two MSE interceptors will ripple fire at engagement altitudes between 28-36km with 3.5 seconds separation in between. While MSEs are enroute to the target, one additional PAC-3 CRI interceptor will also fire at 15 to 26km altitude, bringing the total count to 3 interceptors committed per target. Level III protection ensures defense with high confidence against MRBMs landing in Patriot protected zones, especially now that REDFOR side has access to weapons of mass destruction on TA-dropped MRBMs (Hwasong-7/No-dong).
SRBMs (Tochka, Iskander, etc) are not supported for Level III protection.
- M902 PAC-3 and Iron Dome launchers: missile launcher rate of fire is 0.767 seconds (per YouTube videos)
- Launch Sequencer (LSEQ) ELES_Pick_Up(): Fixed deadlock causing launchers to not fire when a track is re-classified by radar while LSEQ is running.
- MIM-104E GEM-T/PAC-2:
- (art team) new model
- Can now engage and intercept medium range ballistic missiles (MRBMs), albeit with lower effectiveness (less probability of warhead detonation) and defended coverage.
- MIM-104F PAC-3 (CRI): (art team) new model
- Updated interceptor allocation and commit logic: When dealing with maneuvering ballistic missile targets (e.g. Iskander), AI is now programmed to launch from closest available PAC-3 CRI launcher with the best possible kinematics envelope. If there are no suitable PAC-3 launchers near from the area targeted by the maneuvering RV, AI will then switch to PAC-3 MSE on the target, if it is available.
AI is programmed to reserve PAC-3 MSE rounds for dealing with most challenging targets, such as MRBMs and Iskander/maneuvering RV flying at long distance. For most typical ballistic missile and air threats, PAC-3 CRI and PAC-2/GEM-T will be used -- in that case, MSE will only fire when no other suitable rounds are available.
- Interceptor allocation by integration (TWS_Update() TBEQ): increased firepower against saturation attacks. When coming under saturation ballistic missile & rocket artillery attacks, instead of focusing on ripple-fire (firing more than 1 interceptor per target to increase PK), AI will attempt to launch interceptors against as many number of different targets as possible, so that every possible track has at least 1 interceptor assigned.
The state of interceptors being launched is integrated over derivative of time (dT) and is a function of launch sequencer having time slots available to accept more launch requests - once the first wave of interceptors is sent, ripple-fires will then get processed afterwards, if the battlespace is still available. Having more launchers will allow more follow on launches to meet large ripple-fire requirements.
Flexible Interceptor (FLINT) 5.0 Updates (affects guided missiles):
- Augmented Proportional Navigation: target sensible acceleration (nT) fed into the PN equation now adds 1g gravitational acceleration (9.8m/s2 ~= 8.75wic_m/s2) for all engagements, including non-maneuvering targets.
- Command to Line of Sight: improved all (S)ACLOS missile homing performance against crossing targets beaming on 3/9 line relative to the launcher (e.g. BGM-71 TOW, 9M119M, 9M133 Kornet, 57E6, et al).
- EXG.Prop_Steering: improved angle-of-attack, pitch and yaw rotation rendering of all guided ordnances.
- 9A4172 Vikhr M: fixed unhandled exception crash on spawn "bad argument type when creating Vector3"