I Shall Remain is an ARPG game with Survival aspects. Located in an old apocalyptic New York area at the end of WW2, when Nazis managed to release a deadly virus over US territory, the game puts you in charge of finding a cure and at the same time, keeping alive Humanity's hope of survival.
I Shall Remain' forth update is here. This time the setting changes, we move to late Autumn with four new weather presets and we enter Jersey rural area. Two new maps (the Newport Shelter and Jersey Safe) have been added (a total of 19 playable currently), country side theme is complete, special quest-like quick events are in as well. We can now rest on beds in Safes, Infected resistance to weapons has been temporarily removed (we want people to let us know how does it feel without it) and there are options to restart the game after you died (either on the last house you've been in, at the start of the map or at the last Safe you visited).
A lot of improvements and additions made their way into the update as well.
September update changes
- Newport shelter map is in (contains the Jersey Christ hospital as well)
- Jersey Safe map is in
- Country side graphics theme finalized (roads, grass, fences, houses, interior props (rugs, wooden lockers, beds), barns, specific outside props, windmill, other buildings)
- One original score
- Special quest-like quick event implemented (added a few in the early scenes, will add more in the next updates)
- Rest options available in Safe locations (can use beds to rest for as many hours as needed)
- Work on balancing the infected stats to keep up with squad abilities at higher levels
- Improved mines visibility (we can now see their glow even without direct fow)
- We can recruit teammates via button without having to discuss with them
- Explode upon death for crawler is in, teammates will get away from it when needed)
- Late autumn season and weather presets added (late autumn rain, rain and snow, clear late autumn, light snow)
- Increase damage for melee weapons.
- Boss fight music plays in defend the area missions as well
- Melee weapons are more durable.
- Adjusted "Tenaru River" doctrine.
- Restart the game after you died options added (at scene start, last building, last Safe scene)
- All recently added mutations have a chance to get chosen when an infected is created (leaders and bosses)
- Raindrop size increased in all rain effects
- Sepia percent starts at 20% now (can't be less than that)
- Added checkpoints in all buildings in Safes
- Adjusted experience modifier to 130 in each scene.
- Experience gained fighting with any of the weapons is similar now (there were some significat differences in the past regarding the weapon used)
- Slightly different wind conditions for each tree type
- Do not affect scavenge chance by game difficulty.
- Units life amount adjusted (units are harder to kill now, especically leaders and bosses)
- Land mine flickers when we press the alt button
- Season change at the end of the Train Station scene
- Ram mutation added for Buster, not active yet
- Getting close to an NPC or Teammate now will show their image and interaction information at the top of the screen
- Npc and teammate icons size increased on map/minimap
- Rewards for selected quest are shown in UI using Icons now (way easier than reading about them in the quest text)
- The tank has animation when shooting now
- Monster resistances are temporary removed from the game (this is a feature that seems to be generating frustration more than anything else)
- Modified Thomas' ability to give to 10% armor to the squad.
- When close to a locker or a bed we are shown that we can interact with them
- Debt experience cannot exceed 25% from you current experience
- Every skill/attribute has an icon now shown in their information window
- Fixed "learning lots of doctrines will make the game crash" bug.
- Fixed "some zones doesn't appear on subway map" issue.
- Fixed some issues regarding journal title not being shown correctly.
- Fixed "Quick quest button is always disabled" issue
- Fixed endless respawning of infection kit item in Central park map
- More info in item tooltip.
- Adjust triggered doctrines text.
- Limit the serum NPCs can receive to 500
- Fixed the nazi leader level in Bellevue Hospital.
- Fixed "when using infection kit also consumes serum" issue.
- Fixed "infection kit spawn item spawns every 2 minutes (the value is -1) in cp1" issue.
- Fixed "pressing I while in an NPC dialog will open the trade window even if the selected NPC is no trader" issue.
- Fixed "resolving Andrea's first quest doesn't hide the dialog lines" issue.
- Fixed "dead Christopher discussion doesn't have image and background" issue.
- Fixed "show infected UI when hit by non squad teammates
- Fixed "Thomas Harris dialog line is not the correct one" issue.
- Small fix to the key location in the first story scene (so people can easily understand where to go)
- Fixed the issue with the tank machine gun not hitting (broken in 0.8.3, related with the turret pivot)
- Fixed uncleared defend area UI when changing scenes.
- Fixed missing wall in Beth-Israel sewer scene (made the teammates get out of the walking area)
- Fixed "Stuck in background" issue, a poorly physical collision for a car in Train Station scene
- Fixed "Not being able to pickup items in the church" issue
- Other adjustments and small fixes
Latest tweets from @isrgame
Slow-Motion FX have been added to I Shall Remain. Take a look at some of the ones we captured while fighting T.co
Oct 17 2014, 6:36pm
I Shall Remain 0.8.4.1 Hotfix is in. More information here T.co
Oct 7 2014, 12:54pm
I Shall Remain August-September Update Trailer is out T.co
Oct 3 2014, 10:23am
Sep 30 2014, 4:13pm
I Shall Remain country side roads and interiors in a rainy night T.co
Sep 16 2014, 10:04pm
Aug 27 2014, 7:57pm
Aug 17 2014, 2:11pm
Aug 14 2014, 9:39pm
I Shall Remain is 50% OFF this week on BUNDLE STARS STORE T.co
Aug 12 2014, 4:16pm
I Shall remain is 50% off TODAY only, on ShinyLoot T.co
Aug 8 2014, 5:14am