I Shall Remain is an Action Survival Role Playing game. Situated in an alternate history at the end of the Second World War, when Nazis managed to release a deadly virus over US territory, the game tells the story of two brothers and their intricate relation with the apocalyptic world rising in the leftovers of the Z0M81 Pandemic ravage.
I Shall Remain second major update is here. Starting with content (5 more maps, new subway theme, characters and story) to Instant Travel and World Map, improved weather effects and camera system to tons of improvements, adjustments and fixes, make this the biggest update yet. The game play time increases to 10+ hours, Survive the night game time aside.
For anyone updating to this version from the original one (0.8.0.0) please make sure you delete your local content before doing so (we disabled profile removal in the .ini file and there are inconsistencies with the first version. If you updated regularly over the last two months then there should be no issue)
July update changes (after the HotFix 0.8.1.1 release)
- Bellevue Hospital Subway map added
- Beth-Israel Medical Center map added
- Beth-Israel Medical Center Subway/Sewer map added
- Lower Manhattan Safe map added
- Holland Tunnel Entrance map added
- NPCs, Teammates, content and story added for these maps
- World Map added (we can now see the world map as well as areas of interest and information about each with names and suggested character level to entry)
- Subway fast travelling implemented (we can basically go to any area of the map in an instant now from a Subway Entrance to any other Subway Entrance)
- Subway instant travel affects time and infection
- New items added : Repair Kit, Energizer, Infection Kit (they get be used and get an exact result regardless of your RPG statistics)
- Change location and scene for Patrick Russell quest after reading all documents
- Open the door in MSKC after talking with Ryan Corwin
- Pause the game when showing hints (The prologue will act a bit different since the game will pause each time a hint is shown but we feel this is better)
- Adjusted flamethrower damage and fire over time damage (smaller damage)
- Film grain effect added
- Gas tank added (not used yet)
- The prologue scene has save points now
- 'Breaking Doors' hint added to the Prologue
- 'Zombie resistance to attack types' hint added to the Prologue
- On minimap all exits have their target shown as text (this way we know where to exit the scene to fulfill quests that finish in other scenes)
- Default Sepia effect is 50% in Options
- Music themes implemented (multiple music pieces removed from playing, only the ones that give the required mood remain)
- Camera controller adjusted (free rotation added, the mouse won't rotate the character anymore, the character will rotate to camera rotation when we make an action)
- Camera controller smoothness added (rotation, zoom, character rotation)
- Slow down time on pause effect added
- Fade-in from black when starting a scene effect added
- Tunnel meshes added (not used yet)
- Fixed "not send end stage event in survive mode" reported issue
- Implemented minigun spread visual
- Fixed the issue with the rifles not hitting their targets as often as they should
- Fixed some issues with target size for all weapons (we should be able to hit bosses better now)
- We now save as the game starts/loads
- Adjust SHIFT/TAB interaction for RUN/WALK (TAB toggles it, SHIFT inverses it while holding)
- Crosshair doesn't show when we reload now or we have no bullets
- debug version added to the steam release
- Fix some UI/drag&drop issues in Inventory window.
- Pajota Teammate teamplate adjusted (not the same mesh anymore)
- New original music piece added
- Added trainers for support skills (there are 10 trainers now in the game, one for each skill)
- Make infected mutation more powerful.
- New siren alarm sound
- Rain effect adjusted
- Adjusted weather presets before/after rain (they were missing any of the smoke, rain or other particle effects)
- Added Clear Autumn Sunny profile
- All subway/metro scenes have their own scene global effect
- Added 22 meshes for camp building (for modular buildings, used only in a few places for now)
- Change Save game icon position.
- Fix "Enter won't work as a redefine-able key" issue.
- Do not increase tiredness while inside of vehicles.
- Don't start inventory drag & drop operation while we have read letter window on.
- Infection rate is 1 (instead of 2) for Easy difficulty.
- Updated sound module logging the sound devices information
- Add missing quest location for Gratia and Andrea quests.
- Add new consumables in existing scenes and traders.
- Fix "don't show the appropriate icons on map for traders" issue.
- Add location to main quest pointing at Julia.
- Reduce the chance for elite Infected to drop weapons from 25% to 5%.
- All safes saving points are now at the door you enter from (there can be multiple save points within one building)
- Exit/entry points in the scenes adjusted so there's no automatic triggering for scene loading
- Add a message in weapon tooltip for broken weapons.
- Add Cathy Castellan hire/dismiss dialog.
- Breakable doors effect now works with any rotation the door might have
- Take into account the critical hit from weapon when calculate DPS.
- Add weapon bonus: critical hit damage.
- Add weapon penalty: critical hit damage.
- Ai for teammates is more aggressive (they will start attacking if they are close enough for you, will revert to moving towards you after they can't attack anymore, they will spread around you better as well)
- Subway background atmosphere sound added
- Fix crash when open Inventory, Character, etc while in PlayerDead game state.
- Crosshair doesn't change size anymore by weapon type
- Fixed reloading while scavenging (we can't reload while scavenging now)
- Enlarge Confirm window.
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Center visually improved
- Removed locomotive from Memorial Sloan-Kettering Center scene (crashed the game when casting shadows, Thanks realdead_man!)
- Force die with ragdoll only added to spawners
- Intro scene particle systems fast forward now before the scene is shown
- Elite monsters have less chance to drop extra blood
- Removed the last paragraph from the Outro Storyboard text in prologue (the third one)
- Minimap objective red arrow is now green
- Adjust Battlefield Angels doctrine.
- Snipe rile sounds adjusted (it was too loud and stereo, so no 3d positional sound either)
- Elite fresnel doesn't make the models go dark anymore (looks similar to how the boss fresnel looks)
- Upper East Side save point to the Key house added
Latest tweets from @isrgame
Aug 17 2014, 2:11pm
Aug 14 2014, 9:39pm
I Shall Remain is 50% OFF this week on BUNDLE STARS STORE T.co
Aug 12 2014, 4:16pm
I Shall remain is 50% off TODAY only, on ShinyLoot T.co
Aug 8 2014, 5:14am
Jul 30 2014, 10:19am
Jul 30 2014, 10:14am
@tcrtaman Thanks :)
Jul 27 2014, 4:09am