Cry of Fear 1.2 has gone live! Today marks the 1 month anniversary of the mod's release, and to date we've had over 106,000 downloads! That's an absolutely incredible number, and we'd like to thank you, the community, for making it happen. So without further ado, here's the Cry of Fear 1.2 change list:
- Fixed dropping syringes while healing exploit
- Added player names when mouseover in coop
- Fixed being unable to get an S in doctor mode
- Removed being able to manually save :yow:
- Fixed rare instance of it counting as a game over in coop if everyone else is dead when someone is getting up from revival
- Fixed camera of death being unlocked when it shouldn't be
- Fixed accuracy not being calculated correctly for the doctor boss
- Fixed book head monsters doing damage after being frozen by camera
- Fixed taller (giants) not attacking when you're crouching
- Fixed monsters not resetting to their original position during level changes (ex. taller in Waspet Gardens)
- Added new scary thing in co-op
- Split the co-op campaign into 4 chapters
- Fixed the crash when trying to shoot the tentacled slowers or the monsters in the train
- Made dual wielding more stable
- Added the new donators
Instructions for installing Patch v1.2
1. Launch the CoF app program (the shortcut that generates on your desktop when you install Cry of Fear). If you don't have the shortcut, you can manually find the .exe in this directory:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\yourusername\half-life\CryOfFear\CoFLaunchApp.exe. Once your launch program is up, simply click "CHECK FOR UPDATES", and it will download it and install it for you automatically. Once the install is done, restart Steam.If you want to download manually, you can do so here: www.cry-of-fear.com/patches/patch.exe
Cry of Fear v1.0
For you who have not yet tried Cry of Fear, please download it from here down below:
Another thing we're doing today is releasing the tools for creating your own maps for Cry of Fear. This includes fgd files, information on programs to use, wad textures and more. If you have any questions, head over to the forums and make a topic with your question there.
Cry of Fear SDK
Another thing we're doing today is releasing the tools for creating your own maps for Cry of Fear. This includes fgd files, information on programs to use, wad textures and more. If you have any questions, head over to the forums and make a topic with your question there.We also plan to include more support for mappers, and I'm currently thinking of implementing a system for people releasing their custom campaigns to be able to load them from the main menu.
Cry of Fear Official Soundtrack
Since we've had a lot of requests about this, we've finally released the official Cry of Fear Soundtrack! It contains 50 songs of emotional and horrifying music, along with many other secret unused songs that we planned to have in the game. The songs are mastered and mixed to suit best as music rather than in-game music for a game.
You can find the album here:
The album will be available on iTunes in a couple of weeks, as it's currently being authorised by them.
We hope you will like this album! Since a lot of effort has been put into it.
We hope that you will enjoy this patch and the soundtrack of course! And if you want to get more news and stuff, why not like us on Facebook? We usually post about Cry of Fear every day! So head to us here:
And while you're at it, why not check out our awesome clothes?
Anyways, see you out there, and hopefully you will cry of fear.