You wake up in a dark alley, not knowing anything. What has happened anyway? You struggle after the truth and answers. Answers you want to know in the darkness and fear, which makes your heartbeat race like violent blows against your head. Where do "they" come from? What has happened? Are you just turning insane? The time is up; you can't stay there reading your smses forever. It's time to head out and find the answers. Cry of Fear is a singleplayer modification of Half-Life 1 which brings you the horror you've always been afraid of. It's a total conversion of Half-Life 1, which means it uses NO Half-Life 1 content or other peoples' files. It's all made exclusively by the developers. It also uses new gaming styles that you will rarely find in Half-Life mods, such as advanced cutscenes and other stuff that will be revealed at a later date.
The full build of Cry of Fear. This download contains a link to the Cry of Fear Store page on Steam. Download this link, or manually browse it on the Steam store page.
- Does not require Half-Life
- Downloadable in Steam
- Dramatically improved AI - they follow you everywhere!
- New Blur Effect
- New high quality sound system for weapon sounds + new weapon sounds
- Motion blur when you take damage
- MP5 weapon for modders
- Real time donator support
- New game menu
- New game over menu
- More slots for Custom Campaigns
- New Inventory Layout
- A few more scares in the levels
- Improved normal maps
- Improved balance with tape recorders and syringes
- More variations on monster animations
- Custom Campaigns are updated to latest versions
- And many other general bug fixes!
2GHz CPU512 MB RAM
128MB Video Card with OpenGL support
Steam Half-Life 1
Windows XP/Vista/7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
Microsoft .net framework 4.0