Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO) will expand upon the team-based action gameplay that it pioneered when it was launched 12 years ago.
CS: GO features new maps, characters, and weapons and delivers updated versions of the classic CS content (de_dust, etc.). In addition, CS: GO will introduce new gameplay modes, matchmaking, leader boards, and more.
"Counter-Strike took the gaming industry by surprise when the unlikely MOD became the most played online PC action game in the world almost immediately after its release in August 1999," said Doug Lombardi at Valve. "For the past 12 years, it has continued to be one of the most-played games in the world, headline competitive gaming tournaments and selling over 25 million units worldwide across the franchise. CS: GO promises to expand on CS' award-winning gameplay and deliver it to gamers on the PC as well as the next gen consoles and the Mac." CS: GO is being developed by Valve in cooperation with
Seattle-based Hidden Path Entertainment. The title is targeted for release in early 2012 and will be playable at this year's PAX Prime and Eurogamer Expo.
The goal of my mod is to bring back the 1.6 feeling of Counter-Strike, that means: weapons, sounds, stats, physics, etc... some stuff such buying ammo or even choosing your player model won't be possible without plugins but I plan to make the mod without them, even if they're really useful... servers could still use them though.
I don't know when I'll release it, no idea if it'll work great, the list of problems keeps getting longer, but I really plan to fix all the issues by all means Valve let me in their files.
The biggest problem I have is about sv_pure on dedicated servers which blocks the .vpk even if it's the same as the client but hell... for now, only playing offline, or using the lobby to play with friends work.
- Make the weapons similar to 1.6
- Replace all gameplay sounds
- Remove skins
- Remove new weapons
- Make the gameplay similar to CS:S / 1.6
- Wallbangs as in 1.6 (even if I change it it won't penetrate more than 32units)
- Remake the crouching jumping bug (no I won't edit the dlls)
- Playermodel selection (a plugin could fix that though)
- See inside smoke particles (the game don't draw the world when inside, so nope..)
- Bring back the tactical shield (hopefully I can't)
- Change flashes, smoke time, nade physics
- Add buying ammo
- Removed Skins
- Replaced most sounds, and fixed audio mixing
- Remade the old radio
- Old nades, removed ears ringing, blurry flashes
- Done few weapons stats
- Made new particles (needs some edits though)
- Remade some skins, placeholder models (Awp, knife, nades, deagle, ak...)
- Changed playermodels and made custom skins
- Tweaked localisations, replaced mainmenu texts, weapons etc...
My attempt at animating... not really great.
Dust2 gameplay (06/07/2016)
Mirage gameplay (06/01/2016)
Why are you making this?
- Well first... to learn how much we can mod CS:GO, and looks like we can do a lot of stuff, I first started with railguns in it, then made some sick model replacements, then I though... 'why not making a mod that looks like older Counter-Strikes', people liked the idea, so I'm now making this mod. But it first started as a CS:S port. It's sometimes good to go away from CS:GO for a while, but don't get me wrong, I love CS:GO in its current state.
Planned to release an Alpha?
- Nope I don't think I will, I have few beta testers for now so... maybe an Open Beta... probably near Christmas
Have you planned to port the old maps?
- No but I was thinking about editing the existing ones and edit them to match the old ones... would take a while to compile all this... I focus on the main mod for now... if someone's interested in it, feel free to tell me.
Would I get banned for using this or something?
- Well just don't try to go on matchmaking / official CS:GO Servers... It's a MOD, it's not really CS:GO, you'll get kicked, and using mm will kick you as if you had abandoned a game. Play it with friends or on servers running it
Have you made a Steam Group for it?
I need someone who have experience in modeling and animating for CS:GO, in fact most animations needs to be changed to the Classic ones, or at least remakes of them.
That's really all I need... that's a thing I'm a totally noob at, the rest is fine.
If you have already animated models for CS:GO and want to be part of the team, tell me, show me some of your work, I'll then see what we can do together. (post in the comments)
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Highest Rated (4 agree) 7/10
I love Counter-Strike games, however this newest installment in the series adds nearly nothing new.All the gameplay mods had been already done before by modders in the previous titles. It did add new weapons, but at the time of launch they were really unbalanced.Since then, the game hasn't really changed all that much. There are positives though.The classic map layouts have been re-crafter in a way to provoke more balanced gameplay. The graphics are better too.The soundtrack and audio designe is…
Aug 6 2013 by MoterCrozz