The classic Age of Empires – revived in HD! UPatch HD is the unofficial (HD) patch for Age of Empires: The Rise of Rome, a complete revamp of the original game – with HD resolution, HD quality interface graphics, hundreds of bug fixes, new gameplay options and many other enhancements.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> For more information visit the official site <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
- Support for HD resolutions!
- Interface graphics reworked and enhanced to HD quality!
- The original CD audio soundtrack in mp3, replacing the synthesizer (midi) version.
– Compatible with all modern Windows versions - XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10.
– Improved game stability and reliability (previously some users were not even able to start the game).
– Save game crashes are fixed.
– Distorted in-game colors (color bugs) are fixed.
– New gameplay options: Random Teams, Random Map Type, Post-Iron Age, Idle Military units hotkey and more!
– New random map types: "Oasis" and "Rivers".
– New HD Launcher - a remake of the original game launcher, now a central place for all settings and the Mod Manager.
– New Mod Manager and modding system – with many new features (like adding civilizations) and proper mods that don't affect the original game installation.
– New UPatch HD settings for Windowed Mode, custom player name, mouse control, language, etc.
– New options for the Scenario Editor.
– Improvements on Random Maps.
– Improvements on the mini map.
– Fixes for computer player ai.
– Fixed technology and civilization bugs and countless other problems that have been plaguing the game since its release.
– Hundreds of other bug fixes.
– Improved balance for units and civilizations, while staying as close to the original gameplay as possible. Balance was adjusted according to user feedback and votes from surveys gathered for 2 years. The Beta got over 23 000 downloads!
– Improved in-game text messages and descriptions, as well as some language translations.
– Support for 7 game languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and Polish.
– No previous patches or external software required, 100% clean and safe setup!
If you like UPatch HD, please consider supporting its development with a small donation. Thank you!
New version released - click Download above to get UPatch HD 1.1 - Release 4! If you already have one of the previous 1.1 releases, just install the new version over the old one to update your game.
With over 60 000 downloads and universal recognition, UPatch HD has become the preferred way to play AOE1! Huge thanks to all users who supported and continue to support this patch in any way!
>>>>>>>>> For more information about UPatch HD and all of its features - visit the official site.
Here's what's new in version 1.1 - Release 4:
- Support for even higher resolution: 2560x1440 (QHD) is now supported!
Note: For 3840x2160 (Ultra HD/4K), just use 1920x1080 (without Windowed mode) - it fits perfectly. This is the best way to play in 4K, as AOE's engine doesn't support scaling (it's a limitation of the game).
- Support for 3 new languages: Russian, Chinese Traditional and Chinese Simplified! These languages can be selected during setup or changed at any time from Launcher - Settings - Game Language.
- Support for High DPI - all parts of the patch now display correctly with High DPI settings.
Note: If your screen has very high pixel density, everything in the game will look tiny. Because the game doesn't support scaling, the only way around this is to use lower resolution with the same aspect ratio.
- The game now remembers the last state (shown or hidden) of scores (F4) and timer/population (F11). For example, if you enable scores and then exit the game, next time you play, the scores will be shown automatically on game start. Launcher - Settings - Advanced options "Show Time/Pop on start" and "Show Score on start" are now removed as they are no longer needed.
- The new release also contains some additional bug fixes and optimizations.
For more information - visit the official site.
New version released for UPatch HD - the unofficial (HD) patch for "Age of Empires: The Rise of Rome"! The classic Age of Empires - revived in HD! The...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.