New version released - click Download above to get UPatch HD 1.1 - Release 4! If you already have one of the previous 1.1 releases, just install the new version over the old one to update your game.
With over 60 000 downloads and universal recognition, UPatch HD has become the preferred way to play AOE1! Huge thanks to all users who supported and continue to support this patch in any way!
>>>>>>>>> For more information about UPatch HD and all of its features - visit the official site.
Here's what's new in version 1.1 - Release 4:
- Support for even higher resolution: 2560x1440 (QHD) is now supported!
Note: For 3840x2160 (Ultra HD/4K), just use 1920x1080 (without Windowed mode) - it fits perfectly. This is the best way to play in 4K, as AOE's engine doesn't support scaling (it's a limitation of the game).
- Support for 3 new languages: Russian, Chinese Traditional and Chinese Simplified! These languages can be selected during setup or changed at any time from Launcher - Settings - Game Language.
- Support for High DPI - all parts of the patch now display correctly with High DPI settings.
Note: If your screen has very high pixel density, everything in the game will look tiny. Because the game doesn't support scaling, the only way around this is to use lower resolution with the same aspect ratio.
- The game now remembers the last state (shown or hidden) of scores (F4) and timer/population (F11). For example, if you enable scores and then exit the game, next time you play, the scores will be shown automatically on game start. Launcher - Settings - Advanced options "Show Time/Pop on start" and "Show Score on start" are now removed as they are no longer needed.
- The new release also contains some additional bug fixes and optimizations.
For more information - visit the official site.