This is the expansion to the strategy title, Rome: Total War. While the original dealt with the rise of the Roman Empire to glory, the conquest of the Greeks and Gauls and the clash with the Carthaginians, the expansion deals with its eventual decline. The Roman Empire splits in two, forming the Western and the Eastern Empires. Historically, the tribal race knows as the Huns, the "Scourge of God" reached the gates of Rome burning everything in its way and turned back, while the Eastern part would rise again as the great Byzantine Empire. It is up to the player to assume the role of one of the two Emperors or the Warlords of the barbarian races and imitate or change History.
Once again, gameplay is split between grand real-time battles and engrossing turn-based building and managing. The core of the gameplay remains the same on the battlefield and the most significant addition is that of night battles (it seems that the barbarians favored this time for raids) and the ability to cross rivers. On a larger scale Barbaric races such as the Huns and Vandals are not defeated if they lose their provinces, but form Hordes and move to find greener lands. This feature imitates both the fearsome way in which the Huns overrun Europe and the major population shifts that took place in this dark time.
- All changes from the 1.1 version.
- All texture packs for all factions included.
- A lot of new units for many BI factions (especially for Franks).
- More changes in balance and gameplay for all factions
- Absolutely new playable factions - Borana, Roman Usurpers and Langobardi.
- New textures for strategic models of captains and generals
- New 3d-models for new units and for old too.
- Improved BI campaign (V and VI century, rise of Merowings dynastie)
- New faction - Gallo-Romans (for AI only).
- All other factions (like Romano-british or Slavs) are also playable.
- Full english translation and improved texts. Also changes in hero names.
- Other minor changes and fixes.
Just put all files to your main BI folder (1.6 patch need). Overwrite all files. Then start exe and play it.
For neophites i recommend to play Franks, Langobardi, Celts, Huns, and Sassanids. Other factions are only for proffesional players. And remember, this mod is about barbarians. Its impossible here to play Romans, except Usurpers faction. Recommend level - hard\very hard.
Thank you very much!
Don`t forget to see New Update for this mod.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
The Iazyges, Marcomanni and Quadi Mod - Version 1.0
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.