A global mod for Emperor-Battle For Dune is being developed to improve the original in all aspects of the game. The game has not reached its full potential and it has something to show in this project.
- Improve the intelligence of AI
- New effects of explosions, shots and destruction
- Changes to the characteristics of all combat units / buildings
- Fix bugs, crashes and improve FPS performance
- More realistic gameplay, thanks to the changed shooting range and damage radius
- Improve the superweapon of all houses
- Additional information about combat units / buildings in the interface
- Unlimited number of combat units on the map
- Changes in the physics of movement of combat units closer to realism
- Ability of some combat units to rotate towers and cannons
- Adding new combat units
- Improved animations of soldiers: crawling on the sand, various animations of deaths from weapons
- Returned some units from Dune 2000 that were not included in Emperor: Battle For Dune
- Launch the game for all houses without additional disks
- Replacing the original voice interface by adding from Dune 2 - The Battle For Arrakis
- New maps on different planets
- New game balance
- New and updated portraits of combat units / buildings
- New sounds of combat units: shots, explosions, destruction and voices of soldiers
- Additional buildings and new objects on the maps
- The new system the emergence of the Worm and Sand Storms
- New textures for models of all units
- New gameplay
- Updated soundtracks for Atreides, Harkonnen and Ordos
Mod for mode skirmish
The mod is promising and is created by a single developer. Based on this, treat it with understanding and be patient waiting for the release.
It would have been awesome to see a mod (Landsraad - A Dune Total War) that is like an expansion of the original game. A modd where the different houses of the books with their own superweapons and sub-houses are fighting for control of the planet Dune like:
House Ordos (not mentioned in the books)
House Ix (independent house)
To get inspiration, check out this link Steamcommunity.com on Steam where someone has created a Dune submode for the game "Stellaris" where the Great Houses are presented as well as their special features to borrow some ideas.
Now wouldn't this be something!?
Just an idea of a Dune mod; "Landsraad - Battle for Dune"