The protagonist, Klim, is an experienced stalker who has spent 3 years in the Zone and has been earning money by hunting and selling artefacts. He doesn't enjoy performing tasks, even well-paid ones, understanding that it's not always worth risking your own life for someone and that employers in the Zone are not always fair. Klim has good reputations among the stalkers.
However, the protagonist has his own goal in the Zone. Before the catastrophe Klim used to live in a small town named Chernobyl-1 (Pripyat's outskirts). A few days before the catastrophe some information about the tragedy which was bound to happen soon had suddenly spread. What's more, another catastrophe, yet to strike in about 20 years, was also mentioned. Having recieved such information in a suspicious letter, Klim decided to leave the town with his family straightaway.
The predicted catastrophe striked in a few days...In 20 years the second one would strike. Klim decides to return to Chernobyl-1 in order to find his flat and the letter, wanting to find out more about the thing that had such an incluence on people's lives. All in all, the novice stalker Klim had to spend 3 years in the Zone before finally getting closer to his target...
• Thoroughly written plot lines which allow the player to get deeper into the game atmosphere.
• Particular approach to game dialogs. A lot of dialogs open up their narrator's story and personality. Well-worked texts not only make you simply complete each task and quest, but also keep in touch with what's going on in progress.
• 3 maps: Chernobyl-1 (LA), Pripyat (CoP), Chernobyl-4 (CNPP).
• Qualitative spawn, a number of dungeons, full simulation, new AI-schemes (artefacts hunting/picking + animations and trading + animations), CoP-style stalker camps and anomaly zones.
• Balanced gameplay.
• A capability to customize a few gameplay features for youself.
• Characters' voices for some quest moments.
• Special artefacts transmutation system.
• Regular and engine 1st person cutscenes, GUI-features.
• SWTC weather with a few additions to wether cycle's.
• The list is not 100% full and you may witness other mod additions in gaming process.
StrelokQvt – quests, programming, engine fixes;
ULTRA – texts, dialogs;
Den-stash – animations;
DayZ LIDER – voice actor;
LENA_D – art works;
Vintorez94 – various help;
FantomICW – various help.
Finally, the time has come for CC to be released on Moddb. I just can't believe it, actually.
Even though we used to have a couple of obstacles on the way, right now we are happy to provide you with Chernobyl Chronicles V1.1, which means a much more polished version comparing to V1.0.
What's more important, we did really put our heart and soul in this, so hope you'll enjoy playing the mod.
Before moving to links and installation I would like to thank everyone who's been helping to bring English version to life:
Guys, sure, we wouldn't have made it without you.
Unpack bin and gamedata in the game (CoP 1.6.02) root folder.
Don't forget to remove the old gamedata and bin folders before installation.
FantomICW, CC Translation Team
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Highest Rated (8 agree) 10/10
Put together really well. The story is tight and well paced. Has a very good English translation published by the Russian mod team - a rarity and much appreciated.
Mar 19 2016 by v1ld