The BORG: Incursion series has gone through many changes since its first incarnation around 4 years ago. This latest offering gives much in the way of an "upgraded game". Whilst bein built on the original stock game, as much of the original as possible has been replaced by much more up to date and better looking materials. You will find that every single ship and station has been replaced. There are also many sources for these including alot that have been rebuilt by me. However, a great deal of credit goes to a whole host of other people from the likes of the Bridge Commander and StarFleet Command 3 communities as their contributions are what has made this project possible.
It has currently taken around 14 months to get to the stage it has and whilst its my wish, just to make the game look and feel the way I wanted to just for myself, its sort of grown into a more community feel.
As I've already stated the mod replaces all of the stock models but also includes the following changes:
- Replacement models for ALL planets.
- Standard AI is planned to be replaced with a (hopefully) far harder AI, but the game should still be highly playable online with this mod.
- Unique map units are in the process of being sorted out. These won't be rebuildable but can be captured and used.
- Map "wrecks". Can be boarded but will have various limitations (such as no weapon power etc.etc), and can be recycled for added resources. (removed due to time constraints)
- An additional map pack selection. I'll be using community released maps and creating several of my own. This also mean I'll most likely edit several of the already available stock maps as well.
- Species 8472 have been removed. I've noticed that alot of players tend not to use them and the side hasnt' really got much in the way of useful additions to make so has been dropped.
There are likely to be other minor changes but the mod has gone through extensive ongoing testing as the five races are all in full working order and the game runs stable. However, due to the nature of higher poly models being used the suggested specs for the game are as follows (and this is going by my own pc):
- Pentium 4 2.8ghz
- 1gb DDR ram
- 128mb Gefore 4 FX5200 graphics card
- Screen resolution set to 1024*768
Well theres good news and bad news. Firstly, the good news is the project has been released on time (although I've only just managed to post concerning it), and secondly, the bad news, is that it now come to light that theres a few problems so I'm in the process of creating a patch. This patch is going to take around 4 weeks to complete (with any luck). So can all just bare with me a little longer.
......At long last I can finally confirm the actual release date of my Vital Responses project. Originally I had hoped for around the 24th December, but...
Hi all. Just to let those who are interested know. With the current status of the mod, it tends to change every few weeks. As such I'm not normally...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
This patch should be the last although there is still a crashing bug that effects only the federation AI. I've tried for several months to sort this...
Should you encounter any bad lag, or other related slowdown this patch is likely to be more suited to your needs. Many of the models contain 512*512 pixel...
This is the full version of the project contained in a self extracting executable file. All instructions are included in the accompanying readme file.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.