Welcome to Memories of the Zone - a highly customizable vanilla plus modpack for STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl. This addon started as a personal passion project, as Shadow of Chernobyl is one of my favorite games of all time.
I wanted to pretty up the game a bit, as well as make sure I had all the latest bug fixes and stability tweaks available.
It took a long while to get these mods to play nice, so I hope you enjoy the fruits of this labour as much as I will. The zone calls, fellow stalkers!
This mod, in the base install, includes the following mods:
- OGSR x64 engine for enhanced gfx and performance
- Zone Reclamation Project for further bug fixes
- Absolute Nature texture pack
- Absolute Structures texture pack
- Photorealistic Zone 2 texture pack
- Original Weapons Renewal 3 for better weapon animations, textures and models
- STALKER Weather Overhauled v3 for enhanced atmosphere and climate
+ a number of tweaks, additions and personal fixes (for example, working EAX without the need for a sound card! Try it out, its great)
In addition, there are various Gameplay, Sound and Visual addons available in the Optional folder for you to customize the experience further to your taste.
Want to be as vanilla as possible? Going for your first playthrough? The base install will suit you just fine! The only optional I would suggest then is the Clear sky Sidorovich.
Otherwise, it's all up to you! Options have been provided to give returning players some extra challenge without going over the top.
- ZRP Alternate All Spawn (more loot in hidden places, tougher enemy spawns)
- AMK Ballistics (much higher weapon damage and overall more intense firefights)
- Medicine Mod (All consumables have sounds associated with them, and using one will cause you to holster your weapon until the sound is complete. Additionally, food and drink no longer heal and medkits heal over time.)
- Sound Overhaul (enhanced ambient sounds from a popular SoC sound mod of the same name)
- AA2 Style Eye Candy ("De-autumnized" Autumn Aurora environmental textures)
- Alternate HUD (with/without minimap) In the style of builds with complete style textures.
- AMK Marked One Character Portrait
- Alternative Arm Textures
- Clear Sky Sidorovich Model
- Disable Head Bob
- HD models for NPCs (screenshots included in download, based off the original HD models for ShoC mod.)
- Reshade Preset
Step 1: Download and install a fresh copy of STALKER: Shadow Of Chernobyl patched to version 1.0006. The Steam and GOG versions are perfectly fine.
Step 2: Open the "Base" folder, and drag everything inside into your install folder. This is usually something like "C://GOG Games/ STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl". On steam, you can open the game folder from within the app.
Step 3: Read through the optionals folder. There is a readme included for every addon so you can see what you might like. Install all addons the same way you installed the Base folder.
Step 4: Open the bin_x64 folder and create a shortcut to XRengine.exe. Alternatively, change your default game shortcut to point to the new executable. Launching the game from steam or GoG Galaxy will not work.
Step 5: If you use STEAM or GOG, add the -steam parameter to the end of the "Target" field in your game shortcut properties. If you don't do this, the game won't launch!
That should be it. Please feel free to contact me if you have any issues! I'll be happy to try and help.
Good hunting, stalkers :)
- Use "Generic Sound Driver" + EAX for enhanced audio.
- Grass density, range and shadows are quite performance intensive. They would be the first option I would change if you get bad FPS.
- If you use AMK Ballistics + the Alt All Spawn, be sure to bring a lot of meds with you ;) you'll need it.
- The amazing STALKER modding community (especially the authors of the mods used in this pack) who made all this possible. Without them, this pack couldn't exist.
- All the lovely people on the C-Con Discord. You guys are great. Join the Discord here (You can also access a repository of stalker mods and ask mod related questions here) : Discord.gg
- My testers. You know who you are ;)
- E'ruiq, who has been a great help in helping me fix a few UI related bugs that were affecting the mod, as well as providing feedback and suggestions. Check out his profile here, he's awesome! Moddb.com
I have posted a google drive mirror as MODDB servers are too slow in my country:
Sneaking into Agroprom:
Car Park Assault:
Reshade is a configurable tool to inject effects into video games that they otherwise wouldn't support.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Hello Fellow Stalkers! This is Version 2.0 release of the Lost Souls Edition mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. : Shadow of Chernobyl. The aim for this mod is to...
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.