The X-Tended Mod is a large addition to the existing X3:Reunion universe and is the only major mod (as of the 26th May 2010) that has been hosted by the creators of X3:Reunion, Egosoft, on their own servers. (Only 2 mods have been hosted by Egosoft in total.) Many of the ships and ideas from XTM were added to the next game by Egosoft - X3:Terran Conflict. A lot of the XTM team also worked with Egosoft in creating Terran Conflict. This mod massively expands the universe and the game itself, adding over 90 new ships, almost doubling the size of the universe, plus adding many new missions, stations, and things to find. Read More...
One menace beaten, and the universe is slowly
recovering. Questions unanswered, a universe extended.
New friends to be made, a new enemy to be found.
The universe just got a whole lot bigger.
More universe, more ships, more stations, more
The X-Tended Mod "Revelations"
X-Tended-Mod Public Beta 0.7.5 Phase I "Revelations"
Featuring over 90 new sectors including:
- The Terran Solar System
- New Xenon, Kha'ak, Pirate, and Yaki Sectors
- New Goner, Unknown and Main races sectors
- Countless other places to explore or conquer, each one unique and
useful to every players' needs.
95 New Ships:
- Argon, Terran, Paranid, and Otas M0 class ships
- Full compliment of M7 frigate class ships
- Full complement of MM6 military corvette class ships
- An M8 class ship for each of the major races with a special feature
- Argon Griffon: capable of producing and launching Fighter Drones MkII
- Boron Swordfish: a powerful Ion-Blast (shield damaging) Frigate
- OTAS Custodian: group shield and repair Frigate
- OTAS HCF: allows capture of enemy ships and repair of damaged hulls
- Paranid Agamemnon: fitted with the latest in powerful missile
- Split Panther: a support frigate capable of producing Split fighters
- Teladi Tern: a mine layer frigate for laying explosive blockades.
- Terran Ollerus: wormhole deployment to make dynamic tradelanes.
- 7 Ships from X2 brought back, remodelled and refitted by special
dealers across the universe
- Full compliment of Terran ships on sale and active in the universe
from M0 down to TS/TP and fighter class.
- MTS, Military Transport class ships, TS ships with much improved
- Pirate Galleon, Frigates, Corvette and 4 unique Pirate fighter models.
- OTAS (a corporation specializing in highly advanced technologies) will
have a full compliment of ships from M0 down to M3, each with special
- A new race, and over 9 ships used by them.
- A fleet of new Yaki and Goner ships to discover, buy and use.
- New T0 class Civilian ships. These HUGE hulks go back to the days
before cargobay-compression was invented. Nowadays most are converted to
mobile ware- and resource production facilities.
- Full complement of M3+ fighters for each race, even the Yaki!
- The Goner Aran, the most powerful vessel the player can own, capable
of mobile ship construction, reverse engineering, template equipping,
remote fleet transport and even the 'conversion' of rogue-minded
- Many other ships and lifeforms like Boron X-Craft, revamped Xenon
vessels, who knows, you might even encounter a Space Dragon!
X-tensive Effects improvements
- Shockwaves and improved capital ship explosions
- Added detailed debris in most ship explosions
- New pirate and Yaki engine effects
- New sound effects for weapons and missiles
- New sector soundtracks
- Missile trails
- Many new types of Suns
- Many new Planet types
- Improved Nebulae.
2 New Weapons, 3 new Missiles and over 8 new shield
- The Paranid Heavy Missile Gun: An ammo base missile launcher capable
of devastating long range bombardment
- The Sohnen Beam Cannon: Limited intel available due to a distinct lack
- Military 5MJ, 25MJ, 125MJ, 500MJ, 5GJ shields as well as special
pirate and Sohnen shields
- Additionally all Terran weaponry can be purchased at Terran equipment
docks (if your Terran notoriety is high enough!)
Over 45 New commands and features including:
- Shipbuilding capabilities on some ships
- Drone building capabilities on the Argon Griffon Drone Frigate
- Ship extension upgrade options at player owned equipment docks for
fleet equipping purposes.
- Complex warehouses to increase the amount that can be stored at
factory complexes, or for their own stand alone use to store goods.
- Multiple electronic warfare and hull repair features on OTAS ships.
- Point to Point jumpdrives on some advanced- and M0 class ships.
- Many other features including installing ship repair facilities on
docks and on carriers, setting capital ships to automatically execute
tactical retreats when under fire, the ability to deploy scout drones
for long range reconnaissance, and much more...
- The huge and ancient Dyson Sphere, under control of an unknown force
- The magnificent OTAS Headquarters built around a series of old mining
- New factories for the production of the Heavy Missile Gun and ammo,
Concussion Impulse Generator, Scout Drones and new Shield types.
- Many larger factories for weapon and ship components production
(potentially still compatible with Ashley's XXL fabs)
- New, distinct Shipyards for the 5 main races AND Terrans
Over 20 New Missions:
- Including a new X-Tended plot involving a new and terrifying race with
the player trying to avert a universe shattering war.
- Multiple ships to discover and interact with within the universe,
leading to missions and side quests and general interaction with the
- Several new BBS missions, including missions to unlock new ships such
as the Argon Leviathan.
- Dangerous new missions into uncharted enemy space
Many other new features including:
- Countless new wares, freebies and features to find and use
- Much improved AI usage of all ships, leading to more variety and life
in the universe
- New docking bays that allow M5 only, M6 only, TS/TP only docking, as
well as new internal docking options
- various AL plugin options to enable:
- Many new stations to find and trade with
1. Make sure you have a clean install of X3:Reunion. (Windows Vista and Windows 7 owners should be aware that a version of the game installed to the 'program files' or 'program files(x86)' folders will not allow mods to be added to the game correctly. Install the game to a custom folder like c:\games\. This is an issue with all games on Windows Vista and Windows 7 and not a fault specifically with this mod or with X3:Reunion.)
2. Patch X3:Reunion to version 2.5. Egosoft X3R patches: Egosoft.com
3. (Optional) Install the latest X3R bonus pack. Found here: Egosoft.com
4. Click (or double click if your version of windows is set up in this manner) on the mod's executable file.
5. Set the path to install the mod to your X3:Reunion root folder. (It is the same folder that x3.exe is in.)
6. Start a new game. ;)
1. Make sure you have a clean install of X3:Reunion. (Windows Vista and
Windows 7 owners should be aware that a version of the game installed to
the 'program files' or 'program files(x86)' folders will not allow mods
to be added to the game correctly. Install the game to a custom folder like
c:\games\. This is an issue with all games on Windows Vista and Windows
7 and not a fault specifically with this mod or with X3:Reunion.)
2. Patch X3:Reunion to version 2.5. Egosoft X3R patches:
3. (Optional) Install the latest X3R bonus pack. Found here:
4. Click (or double click if your version of windows is set up in this
manner) on the mod's executable file.
5. Set the path to install the mod to your X3:Reunion root folder. (It
is the same folder that x3.exe is in.)
6. Start a new game. ;)
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available.Join now to share your own content, and encourage our community to get involved and engaged.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available.Join now to share your own content, and encourage our community to get involved and engaged.