Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Unofficial Call of Misery Mod for 2.1.1 (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : Mod optimization : Unofficial Call of Misery Mod for 2.1.1) Locked
Thread Options
jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Feb 17 2017 Anchor

This is the best place on Misery Mod's forum for players to discuss the Unofficial (non-MDT) port of Misery 2.1.1 onto Call of Chernobyl named Call of Misery.

Here you can post links to downloads specifically related to Call of Misery unofficial.

Here is a link to their site: Ap-pro.ru You can let Chrome do the website translation for you.

and here to the English translation: Moddb.com

Feb 18 2017 Anchor

New link: Ap-pro.ru (Russian site)

Mod Pack for CoM: Drive.google.com | Docs.google.com (Russian text)

English translation: Docs.google.com

English translation Mod Pack: coming soon (after update)

Moddb English addons link: Moddb.com

Edited by: Avgust1n

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Mar 1 2017 Anchor

New link to English site Moddb.com

Apr 7 2017 Anchor

Has anyone used the weapon dismantle add-on available for Call of Misery? Seeing as the mod removes the ability to sell heavily damaged weapons to (certain?) traders, it would be very useful to have this feature available; however, I wanted to see if anyone could opine on the add-on's stability with the base game.

Apr 7 2017 Anchor
41sixsider wrote:

Has anyone used the weapon dismantle add-on available for Call of Misery?

Yadi.sk for СоМ 1.0d fix2 (but for the Russian version).

Apr 7 2017 Anchor

Sorry Avgust1n, I'm not following your response clearly. I already have CoM 1.0d fix2 and the english translation (available on ModDB). Are you saying that the weapon dismantle add-on is already a part of this?

Apr 7 2017 Anchor
41sixsider wrote:

...that the weapon dismantle add-on is already a part of this?

Yes, this is addon for disassembling weapons (this addon for the Russian version of CoM, you need a translation from Russian into English).

Apr 7 2017 Anchor

I understand now, thanks. Is there an english translation for the weapon dismantle add-on or is having the english translation for CoM 1.0d fix2 sufficient?

Apr 7 2017 Anchor

Keep the download link (made for the English version of CoM).

Installation: move the folder "gamedata" into the package CoM with replacement.

Apr 7 2017 Anchor

Thanks Avgust1n. I cannot access the link at the moment (not on home PC); what is the link for exactly?

Disregard my last post - I just took a look at the link; all good, thanks Avgust1n. Has this add-on (english, particularly) been tested sufficiently for compatibility / stability? Last thing I would want is for unnecessary CTDs to start occurring as a result of using the add-on.

Apr 9 2017 Anchor
41sixsider wrote:

...compatibility / stability? Last thing I would want is for unnecessary CTDs to start occurring as a result of using the add-on.

Before installing don't forget to make backup files.

Apr 12 2017 Anchor

I did not see this thread, very excited though, it's really what I've been wanting with misery after playing it 50 thousand times. I would support financially but there are just too many involved =o

Apr 18 2017 Anchor

new scripts:

Edited by: PurpleRhino83

Apr 18 2017 Anchor

Some nifty stuff in there

Jun 6 2017 Anchor

Is there any way to change the difficulty like CoP Misery? I literally get killed by anything more than 1 snork even with beril armor.

Jun 8 2017 Anchor

Hey, random question: is it just my game, or are some of the animations missing? Some of the guns seem to have their "f*cking around with the weapon" animations (ya know, take out the magazine and put it back in for no reason), even though the sound still plays. Also, NPCs don't seem to have death animations as well, they just slump on the ground SoC style (not a big problem, but I liked a bit of drama in combat). Is this a problem on my end, or some sort of intentional decision? Possible fix?

Jul 17 2017 Anchor

Hi everyone
I've started doing a YouTube Lets play series for the Call of Chernobyl mod, "Call of Misery" as I noticed there weren't that many English-speaking videos showcasing it.

I'll be adding episodes to the the playlist below. I hope you enjoy!

Youtube.com

Edited by: plainman

Oct 25 2017 Anchor

Now that I've played the MISERY mod for over 200 hours (without really touching the vanilla game in any of the other stalker games, sorry) my interest in CoC has seemingly peaked and I got several questions about balance, installation, stability and the such when combining these two mods - can there be(or is there) a new MISERY 2.2 X CoC megathread or guide-site I can read up?

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Oct 25 2017 Anchor

They can't be combined at this time without major reworking of some features. We MDT) are working on it. They also do not have 1.5 final out we would prefer to merge onto. Merging while the base CoC is constantly changing would be a nightmare.

Edited by: jasper34

Oct 25 2017 Anchor

I can deal with some delays and waiting (heck, I already did wait years for misery 2.2) but it's GREAT to hear that you guys are working on it alreay because it seems like a given to combine this misery with the freedom and scale of CoC.

As always, thank you for being this angel that you are for this forum Jasper.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Oct 25 2017 Anchor

I wish we could give a rough estimate of how long. We might need to do some back hallway communications with our friends at Team Epic and see how long 1.5 is expected to take, or what major changes there are. In the mean time, we are learning what we need to rework and looking at what besides 2.2 features we can do ASAP.

With the very limited time available for two of our coders, we don't have time to make it all work for 1.4 and then fix it all for 1.5.

Oct 25 2017 Anchor

Understandable, more than ever. Send my gratz out to the ones that keep working on these mods, fixes and adding every little detail without pay.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.