Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Tip for First Time Installers DX10 & DX 11 CTD's (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : Tip for First Time Installers DX10 & DX 11 CTD's) Locked
Thread Options
jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Aug 12 2015 Anchor

Microsoft update KB2670838 can cause CTD's or inability to start game with DX10 or DX11 renderer selected. The update can be uninstalled, or you can follow the directions in this GOG article for the same effect: Gog.com .

I have updated my Video Optimization article here Dropbox.com Optimization.pdf?dl=0 for further tips.

Aug 12 2015 Anchor

Your Dropbox-link doesn't work for me.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Aug 12 2015 Anchor

Try Dropbox.com Stupid Dropbox doesn't like spaces and formula characters in file names.

Thanks for the heads up - I have to double check them better ;D

Sep 20 2015 Anchor

that gog fix doesnt work, it makes my game ctd at splash screen.

removing the update is the better solution.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Sep 20 2015 Anchor

That's what I did. I didn't test the article method, sorry for any inconvenience.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.