Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Mutant loot/hunting 2.1.1 for earlier versions? (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : Mod optimization : Mutant loot/hunting 2.1.1 for earlier versions?) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 19 2017 Anchor

I've been currently playing the now very old MISERY 1.2 for a while, I like to compare older versions with the latest. To be honest I'm actually enjoying this build for now but really miss the hunting and looting of mutants from 2.1.1.

Does anyonw with the mossing knowledge know which folders, scripts, whatever it is that makes up the mutant looting? I want to see if I can add it to previous MISERY builds, animations, sounds and all. Any help is greatly appreciated

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Apr 19 2017 Anchor

Not my baliwick. I wouldn't dream of asking our busy coders to stop work on 2.2 to help work on 1.2 ;)

kcs123
kcs123 Just Kcs123
Apr 19 2017 Anchor

Not easy task to explain and it is not just simple copy-paste of files to make it working in other mod. You need to compare same files that are affected in both mods and edit/merge only small pieces of those to get working only feature that you want.

Not even I know all affected files from top of my head. I can only pointg you how to search for relevant ones. For example, remember pieces of text description of part that you obtain from looting mutant. Then search for that phrase in files that is located in "..\gamedata\configs\text\eng\" folder. In those XML files you will find variable name that is tied to actual object used in game.

Next step is to find out exact object spawn section name. Search that variable name found in text descriptions trough "..\gamedata\configs\" folder.
Once you reveal true object spawn section name, search that name trough whole "..\gamedata\" folder.

That should reveal all files affected that need to be carefuly edited/merged to other mod. Sorry, can't help you with exact file names and other needed steps to merge mods. Too busy with other tasks for 2.2., like jasper mentioned. You are on your own to discover everything else.

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.