Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
MISERY 2.2.X Bugs Thread (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : MISERY 2.2.X Bugs Thread) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 79
jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Sep 22 2017 Anchor

MISERY 2.2 Bug Reporting

Here is a listing of Known Bugs: Dropbox.com

Before reporting a new suspected bug, please verify the following:

• Misery 2.2 is installed over a clean (no remnants of prior mods/add-ons) legal installation of Call of Pripyat (COP) fully patched to 1.6.02.
  • COP was started and saved once, then Misery 2.2 was installed as Admin.
  • You started a NEW game after installing 2.2.
  • Sometimes running the game with compatibility settings may cause extreme performance issues. If you have very long load times using Steam, you may need to not run it as Admin.
  • Players using any add-ons should always consult the add-on’s thread for support first to verify it is 100% compatible with 2.2, properly installed, and the issue is not related to the add-on. Make sure you started a new game after installing the add-on unless it specifies you do not need to.

We highly recommend you first run Misery without add-ons until you are certain you have it configured and stable on your system.

If the bug causes crashes, locate your crash log and post only the portion following the phrase FATAL ERROR near the bottom. Notepad may be used or notepad++ for clearly viewing the file. Include a brief description of when the crash occurs, and if it is repeatable.

If you are using a DVD version crash logs will be located in the C:\Users\Public\Documents\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. – Call of Pripyat\logs folder; or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stalker Call of Pripyat\_appdata_\logs if you are using the steam version. The file will be named xray_yourname.txt

If you do not have a CPU with a minimum speed of 3.4 GHz, 6GB or more of RAM, and a GPU with 1GB of GDDR,

please include those specifications in your original bug report.

Please also note if you are using a 4:3 aspect ratio monitor and your issue may be display related

We suggest searching the forum in Posts vs. Threads for key words related to your issue. Your problem may already be fixed or have a posted work around which will save you the trouble.

We ask that all unrelated topics be discussed elsewhere. Suggestions and Ideas are very welcome, however, to ensure they do not bloat this thread and receive the proper attention they should be posted in the appropriate location.

Edited by: jasper34

Sep 23 2017 Anchor

Guys I just started to play in the new Misery and I must say that it looks amazing!!!

The look of camera ,improoved world ,weapons it just looks great!!

But I'am little dissapointed with few little things I was hoping that version 2.2 will resolve.

First of all I hoped that all available helmets and masks will have dynamic models. But they don't unfortunatelly...

Second thing is the hands model which looks differently from 3 person armor model. I mean the first one at least. The coat is full black but in first person we see armored one.

I hope You guys will take this kind of stuff under consideration in any updates maybe. It would really be cool to see all helmets in dynamic mode.

And about helmets itself I also noticed that SPP helmet have correct visier in 1 person but in 3 person the model of it is completelly different.

Anyway beside this it really looks great!!!

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Sep 23 2017 Anchor

I never use 3rd person view, so would never notice that - thanks for the feedback! We did almost nothing with the outfits/helmets except some upgrade stuff.

Sep 23 2017 Anchor

Well I don't play with 3 person view. But in cut scenes it is clearly seen what the player have on him.

This is why I think It would be cool to have dynamic helmets and correctly matched hands model implemented😁

Edited by: Kain85

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Sep 23 2017 Anchor

Agreed.

syn
syn
Sep 24 2017 Anchor

Not a bug, per-se, but you should probably take a look at the "miserymod.com" links you put in the readme. There's some kind of malicious redirect fuckery going on, bouncing you between this sketchy katie.tnctrx.com domain, a blank page (miserymod.com), and expres.cz which is some kind of bullshit czech republic tabloid site.

Going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that this wasn't intentional, but you might want to take care of this.

Edited by: syn

CDIA
CDIA Feel the MISERY!
Sep 24 2017 Anchor

themiserymod.com website getting hacked already? That sux!

syn
syn
Sep 24 2017 Anchor

No, miserymod.com. I assume they let the domain lapse when moving to themiserymod.com, but didn't update the readme to reflect that.

Edited by: syn

kcs123
kcs123 Just Kcs123
Sep 24 2017 Anchor

Yep, old domain name was remained on readme file and possible few other places. It is oversight. It is changed in credit list and few other places that I was able to recall at time while doing it.

Dynamic helmets does not work properly in some of helmet/outfit combo. While we were discussing to include those in mod or not, we deceided to include them despite few possible visual glitches.

--

Sep 24 2017 Anchor

Is anyone else getting crashes as soon as they change the values of the headbob effecting effectors, i can launch the game and it will run just like before but as soon as i change the values to do with headbob (it gives me headaches otherwise) i hard crash just before loading from main menu to ingame. Anyone know a new work around to removing it

kcs123
kcs123 Just Kcs123
Sep 24 2017 Anchor

It is probably related with some other graphic/gameplay settings. Some of those does not work well on your machine.

Before douing anything, backup your current user.ltx file - located one folder above your savegame and log folder.

Then delete both, user.ltx and tmp.ltx file. When you experience CTD game try to revert back to older "good" settings that should be in tmp.ltx file.
It does not help when settings in tmp.ltx also cause issues.

After you delete both of those, you need to configure all of your settings from strach. Keybindings, sound volume, video resolution etc.

Once you settle down with configuration that works best for you then backup your user.ltx file again and delete tmp.ltx file.

--

Sep 24 2017 Anchor

First day in Zaton, trying to sleep in Skadovsk bed always crash:

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : IsShown()
[error]Function : CUIDialogWnd::HideDialog
[error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrGame\ui\UIDialogWnd.cpp
[error]Line : 57
[error]Description : dialog already hidden

stack trace:

I had to purchase sleeping bag to be able to sleep.

Sep 24 2017 Anchor

So i went back to the effectors.xtl and instead of making the value 0.0 i changed it to 0.0000 to make up the exact numbers i took away .eg

run_amplitude = 0.0126 to run_amplitude = 0.0000

That made all the difference apparently. Thanks for the help though

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Sep 24 2017 Anchor
lindog369 wrote:

Is anyone else getting crashes as soon as they change the values of the headbob effecting effectors, i can launch the game and it will run just like before but as soon as i change the values to do with headbob (it gives me headaches otherwise) i hard crash just before loading from main menu to ingame. Anyone know a new work around to removing it

@ Lindog369 Verify you did not create any typos in the file. Lowering those values should not ever cause a crash. 0 ans 0.0 or 0.000 are all the same to the engine, maybe you used a letter o by mistake the first time. Glad it is working for you :)

RangerStalker You enter the ships dorm between Cardan and your stash room and hit the use key to sleep on the ship. You can also use your own sleeping bag or make a tent, but that would be overkill ;)

Sep 24 2017 Anchor

Yesterday I have installed Misery 2.2 over my 2.1.1 version. It worked, but then I have read that it is recommended to install it on vanilla version of Call of Pripyat. So I have reinstalled the game and deleted any leftover files, including the savegame file. After that I started the game, set graphic settings, started new game, made a new save and quit. I have installed Misery 2.2 then and now the game doesn't start!

Crashlog:

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : I
[error]Function : CInifile::Load
[error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrCore\Xr_ini.cpp
[error]Line : 256
[error]Description : Can't find include file:
[error]Arguments : w_upd.ltx

How can I fix it?

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Sep 24 2017 Anchor

Did you install the mod as admin? Right-click on installer executable and run as admin? If you do not, some permissions can prevent the mod from installing correctly. The only way to ensure a trouble free install is the exact directions listed at top of bugs thread ;)

Sep 24 2017 Anchor

I did, and reinstalled it again just to be sure

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Sep 24 2017 Anchor

If you followed the directions perfectly, that file would not be missing. What FOV and class are you using? When I get back home I will double check the files.

kcs123
kcs123 Just Kcs123
Sep 24 2017 Anchor
PeterMage wrote:

Yesterday I have installed Misery 2.2 over my 2.1.1 version. It worked, but then I have read that it is recommended to install it on vanilla version of Call of Pripyat. So I have reinstalled the game and deleted any leftover files, including the savegame file. After that I started the game, set graphic settings, started new game, made a new save and quit. I have installed Misery 2.2 then and now the game doesn't start!

Crashlog:

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : I
[error]Function : CInifile::Load
[error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrCore\Xr_ini.cpp
[error]Line : 256
[error]Description : Can't find include file:
[error]Arguments : w_upd.ltx

How can I fix it?

w_upd.ttx file is used for universal power device. It can only comes from faulty install, but it is hard to figure out where exactly something went wrong trough install process.

--

Sep 24 2017 Anchor

Playing a new game as assaulter.

Loading a save game after modifying actor.ltx I get a prompt "This save game requires the assaulter class. Your game will be forced to quit."

I restarted as assaulter to be certain and reloaded several saves but get the same message.

I'll restart the game and let you know if it fails again.

kcs123
kcs123 Just Kcs123
Sep 24 2017 Anchor
Johnnydadda wrote:

Playing a new game as assaulter.

Loading a save game after modifying actor.ltx I get a prompt "This save game requires the assaulter class. Your game will be forced to quit."

I restarted as assaulter to be certain and reloaded several saves but get the same message.

I'll restart the game and let you know if it fails again.

By editing actor.ltx you have also deleted variable that tells MISERY mod what class you are playing with. You can't copy-paste files from other mods just like that.

--

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Sep 24 2017 Anchor

What class were your saves made with. Saves are not compatible between classes

Sep 24 2017 Anchor

there is a similar crash with the beta version of the german translation

It says: can't find include file w_ak47.ltx

I tried using the weapons.ltx from english version and it worked

kcs123
kcs123 Just Kcs123
Sep 24 2017 Anchor

Description files from other languages should not include any of weapon config files. Therefore, other translation file should not either delete or replace any of weapon config files. That being said, only English, Polish and Russian description files are tested properly, all other translation files have to be considered as in BETA stage. It will be updated as soon as we got something new from translators who work on them.

If you experience issue with some language pack other than english one, let us know in front, so we can keep track of those and give proper advice/workaround.

--

Sep 24 2017 Anchor

EDIT: I have reinstalled the mod again, this time with 83 FOV (default), and the game launches without problems

Edited by: PeterMage

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.