Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Misery 2.1.1 with Armed Zone 1.7.4 keeps crashing when playing Sniper (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : Misery 2.1.1 with Armed Zone 1.7.4 keeps crashing when playing Sniper) Locked
Thread Options
Oct 31 2015 Anchor

So I've been playing Misery for some time, and wanted to play the popular TAZ, but for some weird reason the game keeps crashing when I play with Sniper. I played with Assaulter before this and it works fine. If I play on normal, it will crash not more than 5-7 minutes after the start, if I play Black Road it will crash when loading. I also noticed something weird: In Misery installation, I chose Sniper, but when I play, I start with assaulter and his equipment, but next to Degtyarev's name Sniper is written. Further proof of playing as Assaulter came from the saves, which said "Assaulter - ......"

I will try now with Recon and see what happens.

EDIT: With Recon the game immediately crashes after in finishes loading in Black Road. I will try normal. Crashes when I was having a dialogue with Beard. Bloody hell, even Assaulter crashes on Black road.

Edited by: chesseeater

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Oct 31 2015 Anchor

This really belongs in the TAZ thread. If you started with a clean ( all remains of any former mods/ad-ons removed) 1.6.02 COP install the 2.1.1 all-in-one and then TAZ with any updates/patches it should work fine AFAIK. It sounds like your install is corrupted. mp5lng will respond shortly, he's very responsive. We don't recommend more than one add-on at a time unless they specifically state they are compatible and how to install them to avoid problems.

Oct 31 2015 Anchor

I had the cleanest possible install, I deleted CoP and all of the mods and reinstalled it from my physical copy, because I had problems before with some mods. After Misery I installed TAZ. Versions are 2.1.1 all-in-one and TAZ 1.7.4

After that, I went for a new game, and the mentioned problems happened. I guess I will go see in the TAZ thread.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Oct 31 2015 Anchor

I saw your post there :D Did you reapply your class after installing TAZ? The default class for Misery is assaulter. I haven't tried TAZ in a while. I don't know if you need to select your class then apply TAZ or, as I would Guess, install TAZ then select your class and start a new game. When he responds there I will probably delete this thread to keep the forum tidy.

Oct 31 2015 Anchor

I didn't actually know that I had to reapply the class, since I thought the one I chose before would remain. That probably was what messed up the first try, but it's strange how I kept getting crashes when I reapplied. Even if this doesn't work, I can always play vanilla Misery. I'm a guy who can simply live on with it xD

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Oct 31 2015 Anchor

I know it works fine on all classes. Did you have to do anything special GPU configuration wise to make it stable the first time? Verify your video options are still set the same. Worst case, delete your user and tmp.ltx from the _appdata_ directory and reconfigure. The original user.ltx in the mian COP directory can also interfere. If tmp.ltx and user.ltx are not exactly the same, it switches back to the mp settings after a CTD and if they were not the right ones you will continue to crash. The article in my profile comments explains in detail.

Oct 31 2015 Anchor

I did. I noticed that it crashed for some reason if I used DX9 full dynamic lighting, and DX10/11 + Misery was too much on my GT 630(or so I think) so I had to use static lighting. Does that change anything?

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Oct 31 2015 Anchor

I'm not a graphics elitist, I used to always play on static just because it loaded way faster with traditional hard drives. Every rig is different, but I have always found static(DX8, I think) or DX11 were the most stable. You can use DX11 with no SSAO, and also turn down as many features as you like. The key to finding out what REALLY works is deleting the tmp.ltx and replacing it with a renamed copy of user.ltx every time you try a new setting. Otherwise you can be ridiculously misled. You lose god rays and some other stuff with static, but after the first oooh and ahhh I never really cared about them. I'll take whatever runs smoothest every time. Bloodsuckers are much more visible with DX11 and low level of HDAO though. Except when they are casually walking you can see them quite well.

Oct 31 2015 Anchor

By the way, checking it, I saw that xrcore.dll caused the crash.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Oct 31 2015 Anchor

The part after fatal error in the log is usually quite helpful (when one is generated). Always post it with your problem if you have it. Rename the file adding a word or two that will help you recognize the problem, a new log will be created every time you start the game. I thought I remembered some static lighting issues with TAZ, but although I open every post, usually I forget them almost immediately unless it's something I can help with.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.