Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
[Misery 2.1] Anabiotic Fix (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : Mod optimization : [Misery 2.1] Anabiotic Fix) Post Reply
Thread Options
burguois
burguois MISERY Dev. Friend
Mar 30 2014 Anchor

Imagine my surprise to find out that despite the other elements of my anabiotic fix being implemented, the most important part (actually making it work) wasn't.

This was requested in PMs, so here it is:

This will allow Anabiotics to work in Misery 2.1

This replaces the actor_effects_data.script for all three classes. To make it work on the current game you're running, either copy the script from the class folder you're currently using into your scripts folder, or change to a different class/change back ingame at least once.

Should be save-game compatible. Enjoy!

Dl.dropboxusercontent.com

Edited by: burguois

--

Author of the (now integrated into MISERY 2.1) MISERY 2.0.2.1 quickfix! The team congratulates you, Burguois, for this huge contribution! You've earned the Friend Of MISERY Dev. achievement!
- [TZP]LoNer1 
Apr 1 2014 Anchor

Thank you very much for this work.

Nyayr
Nyayr Reconnaissance Beta
Apr 1 2014 Anchor

Sweet ;) I did miss this alright :)

--

Avoid using autosaves, use hard saves only.

Logs are located in "C:\Users\Public\Documents\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\logs\xray_....log"

Apr 11 2014 Anchor

I thought it had been cut for scripting reasons, so I just added effects to mine. This is much better!

Cheers!

Apr 12 2014 Anchor

Nice. I tried using anabiotics just yesterday and died :( There should be a post of essential fixes like this, possibly a compilation patch you can download or something. Thanks for this :)

burguois
Apr 17 2014 Anchor

There's a video of it in action here:

The video shows 2.0 but it's the exact same sequence for 2.1

I decided to make you put your helmet back on after you wake up, seeing as how the anabiotic knocks you out. It's little details that mean so much.

--

Author of the (now integrated into MISERY 2.1) MISERY 2.0.2.1 quickfix! The team congratulates you, Burguois, for this huge contribution! You've earned the Friend Of MISERY Dev. achievement!
- [TZP]LoNer1 
Apr 21 2014 Anchor

I just found out 2 hours ago the sad truth... =D sweet thanks for the fix

May 24 2014 Anchor

Yeah well thanksfor making the mod, but it doesnt work? I copied the file to the scripts folder but when i start the game, buy anabiotics and the consume them, nothing happens? So does someone knoe what causes this?

Nyayr
Nyayr Reconnaissance Beta
May 24 2014 Anchor

Since it is a class related fix you have to pick for example another class and then you own class, else it doesn't register.

--

Avoid using autosaves, use hard saves only.

Logs are located in "C:\Users\Public\Documents\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\logs\xray_....log"

May 24 2014 Anchor

Nyayr wrote: Since it is a class related fix you have to pick for example another class and then you own class, else it doesn't register.

So, i need to copy it to 2 classes, including mine, then play both the classes and then it will work?

burguois
May 27 2014 Anchor

What you need to do is switch classes at least once.

The way Misery works is that certain class specific files are kept in the class_diversity folders, and when you choose a class from the main menu, it copies over the files from that folder into the general gamedata folder.

In order to reduce instances of incompatibility I opted to change the class_diversity files rather than the main gamedata, where people may be playing different classes.

All you need to do is go to the main menu and change class. If you want to play sniper, for example, and you've already chosen sniper, choose a different class then choose sniper again and all should work fine.

--

- [TZP]LoNer1 
May 27 2014 Anchor

Ok it works now, thanks for the help!

Jun 26 2014 Anchor

it doesn't work for me, i play misery 2.1 , i changed class than entered game, than changed class again, even though i change class severall times it doesn't work

Jun 29 2014 Anchor

lionmarius wrote: it doesn't work for me, i play misery 2.1 , i changed class than entered game, than changed class again, even though i change class severall times it doesn't work

Same here. The "little tweaks" i'm currently using are not in conflict with any of the files in this fix so if i've have to guess it should work. I've done the recommended path (switch class - switch back /assaulter/), starting fresh new game with fresh install plus this fix, but (!) without any additional content, i still have to run for my life :D Not the first one what's killing me... the second. If any of you kindly suggest a "something-something" file-editing solution to this problem, it would be greatly appreciated!

I'm playing Dark Mode with Black Road if this has anything to do with it, i didn't used spawner mod, the Ana's i've found were in stashes and on a snipekilled stalker (although i do not know how he got it).

Forward!

p.s.: The Marked by the Zone achievement is NOT important for me (like a guy said in Zaton: the emission is the Zone's way to tell you should take a break), but the Ana is the rarest drug and selling it would be a heartbreaker. :D

Jun 29 2014 Anchor

Anabiotics should obviously knock you out for like 40mins so if the second wave is killing you - it clearly isn't working as you should be unconscious for the first.

Unless you mean you've got marked by the zone already but can't survive emissions?

I have to say, I downloaded and followed instructions, loaded the game up, changed from Recon to Sniper, loaded a save after which it told me [this savegame must be played as USS Recon. Misery will now close] and took me back to desktop. I did the same again but changed it back to Recon, popped an anabiotic and passed out :) I recommend just going over everything again, making sure you're not missing anything first because this is a very simple modification to Misery and there is very little scope for it to go wrong.

Jun 29 2014 Anchor

Alright i'll give it a go. Just have to wait for a Zone-fart. :D Thanks in advance! :)

And it WORKS! Thank you very much! Burguois and Htkblazer! Both of you! :)

Nah man: like i said, the achievement is not important for me (this is my third walk with MISERY, five with the Original, and COMPLETE is just...no...), the case is that i've read all the Zone-lore, and i don't know what to do when the blowout happens. Maybe i'll write a poem about the colors of the emission. Maybe i'll do that :D Anyway, thank you again! :)

Jun 29 2014 Anchor

Such a beautiful sight, marred only by the cranial fluids running through your melted eye socket.

Oct 13 2014 Anchor

I had used the fix to get rid of the medkit and stimpak animation black screen, and then used this fix which now the black screen animations are back.oy
But- I did survive the blowout=)
Oh yea funny thing, when enable God mode in spawn menu, the blowout STILL killed me, HAHA!In Misery, "nothing can save you from blowout" was in my head....

Edited by: Conchobhar

Oct 20 2016 Anchor

Works like a charm! Thank you very much!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.