Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Unofficial Misery 2.0.2 patch (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : Mod optimization : Unofficial Misery 2.0.2 patch) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
burguois
burguois MISERY Dev. Friend
Oct 12 2013 Anchor

Hello!

I've been playing Misery 2.0.2 for quite a while, and it occured to me that despite many tweaks people have made, there are many, many things that were still broken.

I've made a sort of "Unofficial Patch" for Misery 2.0.2 QF that contains, among other things:

Functional anabiotics
Working sleep system (no more crashes with forced sleep!)
Fixing the Assaulter's broken Strong Grip/Steady perks
Various tweaks to quests (the mercs in Zaton will now accept more food - within limits etc.)

And a whole bunch of other things. I've included most of Yasti's fixes, quite a few I've found in various places (if I've included someone's work and forgot to credit, please tell me and I'll be sure to credit them properly).

I sort of wanted this to be a "one-stop patch" for Misery 2.0.2 to hopefully bring it up to as good as it can possibly be.

Also incorporated is the excellent Unofficial Call of Pripyat patch by Jurok

Full readme:

Pastebin.com

Download link:

Dl.dropboxusercontent.com

I'd love feedback. Maybe I've been a bit overzealous with my changes, or accidentally broken something. I figure the more people that use it, the more feedback I'll get and any broken scripts/quests can be fixed quickly.

edit: Updated patch. This will probably be close to the final version (for the moment).

Current things that need doing are to translate the remaining new options, and add a few optional things based on recommendations.

Edited by: burguois

Oct 12 2013 Anchor

Looks good from what I read on pastebin, going to try it once I backup some stuff and do a fresh install of CoP.

Oct 13 2013 Anchor

Forwarded this on to MDT. Several of these changes were being worked on, and some already included in 2.0.3 and it saves me or someone else having to do it :P

I noticed you included a different all.spawn. You may want to stipulate that this can't be used on existing games at all as it will cause crashes. Any changes to all.spawn always require a new game. Because of this you may even want to hold back on whatever you have changed in the all.spawn until patch 2.0.3, which shouldn't be too far away

Possibly add an optional set of ltx's for people who don't like psi-storms/fallout. I know fallout always pissed me off heh

Trader release might be better to include instead of/as well as the trader optimization. While it was a pain in the arse to go through thousands and thousands of lines of junk in the trader ltx's, in the end it bascially only makes traders like vanilla and things can get piled up in their inventory hidden and i've found CoP to be incredibly stubborn when it comes to getting rid of them during a trader refresh. Trader Release effectively cuts out the trade_manager.script being the middle-man who doesn't like changes made to it. It's basically an addition of 1 line in bind_stalker. If you wanted to change it so it removes items when the trade window itself closes, instead of when the sell button is hit, that would require some more script work

Other then that it seems pretty solid

Edited by: Yastiandrie

Trikzter
O
N
L
I
N
E
Trikzter MISERY Dev. - Language King
Oct 13 2013 Anchor

Who's the author of new dialog manager stories?

--

Lоnerboner
Lоnerboner Forum Badmin
Oct 13 2013 Anchor

This looks promising.

I've read the readme a bit and I had 1 question;

I quote:

Readme wrote:

* LOGICAL BLACK ROAD START (OPTIONAL)

1. The Black Road kind of annoys me. They say it's supposed to be a hard mode, and give it an elaborate backstory, but all it essentially does is move you to the sawmill and give you no equipment. Boring.
  2. I've decided to make the Black Road slightly more logical. You presumably get to the Sawmill after being ambushed by something. It's dark, you've used up all your medical supplies, and you're in quite bad condition thanks to that. You barricade yourself inside the building, hoping to save your life somehow.
  3. Why does Degtyarev take the time, while running for his life, to rip off his helmet and strip practically naked? He has enough foresight to keep his knife (a useful tool), but drops other useful things? The UPD is a very useful tool, as is a flashlight, so why would he ditch the UPD while keeping his knife and flashlight? Tossing your gun if you're running and it has no ammo? You might do that - it could probably be more of a burden than it's worth. Going through your pack to get rid of non-essentials to make it easier to get away? Yeah, I can see that, but why would you throw away useful, valuable and lightweight tools that may help you out somehow?
  4. The Black Road now has you in bare minimum equipment. You have your helmet, outfit, battery and knife. Your helmet is broken, your outfit ripped, and your battery drained. You've been hell to get to this point. If used with the exhaustion tweak above you also start off partially exhausted. Each class now has the same knife in Black Road and non Black Road starts, just for consistency.
  5. Just to add a bit of flair to the occassion, there's a 10% chance of a surge starting. Pray the Zone has mercy on you.

How'd you come up with this? It's actually really cleverly thought of!

--

#MDT CR / PR LEAD - FORUM RULES - PM ME - NEED HELP? - FAQ
You think your mod has it? Visit TZP for promotion and / or an invite to the team!
K.E.V.L.A.R.
K.E.V.L.A.R. Сталкер
Oct 13 2013 Anchor

Installed this out of curiosity and cannot trade with Tremor anymore. There's no trade-button.

Edit: same goes with Bonesetter.

Edited by: K.E.V.L.A.R.

burguois
Oct 14 2013 Anchor

Trikzter wrote: Who's the author of new dialog manager stories?

That would be me. I've created a new version with a few fixes added (like a crash if you use the LBRS - forgot to update the xr_effects), adding in "mutant attacks" when you sleep, and updating radios to include psi-storms and a few other tweaks.

There's a few extra texts aswell.

As for the trade with medics thing, this is part of the Unofficial Call of Pripyat patch. Medics only offer medical services, to get medical supplies you have to buy them elsewhere or scavange them.

--

Author of the (now integrated into MISERY 2.1) MISERY 2.0.2.1 quickfix! The team congratulates you, Burguois, for this huge contribution! You've earned the Friend Of MISERY Dev. achievement!
- [TZP]LoNer1 
Oct 14 2013 Anchor

Regarding anabiotics, I've noticed that used in conjunction with rebirth, they will let you survive an emission (if timed just right)... the only problem is that the game hates that so starts a second emission as soon as you wake up, which invariably kills you. I kinda like the idea of a "drug cocktail" to survive an emission; maybe anabiotics+rebirth+sleeping pills?

K.E.V.L.A.R.
K.E.V.L.A.R. Сталкер
Oct 14 2013 Anchor

burguois wrote:

As for the trade with medics thing, this is part of the Unofficial Call of Pripyat patch. Medics only offer medical services, to get medical supplies you have to buy them elsewhere or scavange them.

Bonesetter is the most important ordnance/equipment dealer in Jupiter area in Misery 2.0. How removing him is 'fixing' the mod is beyond me.

Trikzter
O
N
L
I
N
E
Oct 15 2013 Anchor

burguois:
I've read your stories. Some of them are nice, especially when it comes to the underlying idea, but I find they aren't up to Misery standard when it comes to execution (language, logic, story). Others I didn't like at all. First, then, I singled out the best pieces (17 of them in total) and took it upon myself to rewrite them a bit so as to make them correspond better to our idea of Misery. What do you say? :)

Edited by: Trikzter

--

burguois
Oct 15 2013 Anchor

K.E.V.L.A.R. wrote: Bonesetter is the most important ordnance/equipment dealer in Jupiter area in Misery 2.0. How removing him is 'fixing' the mod is beyond me.

I'll look into this issue later on.

Trikzter wrote: burguois:
I've read your stories. Some of them are nice, especially when it comes to the underlying idea, but I find they aren't up to Misery standard when it comes to execution (language, logic, story). Others I didn't like at all. First, then, I singled out the best pieces (17 of them in total) and took it upon myself to rewrite them a bit so as to make them correspond better to our idea of Misery. What do you say? :)

Yeah, that's fine. A lot of them I wrote after getting drunk and playing far too much FTL.

Edited by: burguois

--

Author of the (now integrated into MISERY 2.1) MISERY 2.0.2.1 quickfix! The team congratulates you, Burguois, for this huge contribution! You've earned the Friend Of MISERY Dev. achievement!
- [TZP]LoNer1 
Trikzter
O
N
L
I
N
E
Oct 15 2013 Anchor

Ok, then. Done already.

--

Oct 15 2013 Anchor

Did you get kv0's weapon overhaul from a different thread?

If so, is there any possibility for a link for just that?

If not, can you tell me what files to change?

Oct 17 2013 Anchor

MISERY starts up normally without this fix, and in fact starts up normally once the fix is applied. when I change my class and restart the game though, the game ceases to boot up. instead I get a crash with:

xrEngine.exe caused BREAKPOINT in module "C:\Program Files (x86)\bitComposer Games\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\bin\xrCore.dll" at 0023:002BE12E, xrDebug::backend()+174 byte(s)

being the only reason given. it also gives this crash when I try to play without changing class, or when I try to travel to yanov station without the fix, which is why I was attempting to try the fix. if there is a more in depth crashlog I can find, I would try to find it. ive tried quiet a few different methods for installation including the method given by the patches creator. ive also tried reinstalling COP. seeing as no one else seems to be having this problem, does anyone have an idea as to what im doing wrong?

burguois
Oct 17 2013 Anchor

chrunchyhobo wrote: Did you get kv0's weapon overhaul from a different thread?

If so, is there any possibility for a link for just that?

If not, can you tell me what files to change?

The weapon overhaul can be found here:

Disk.yandex.com

--

- [TZP]LoNer1 
trojanuch
trojanuch Gameplay lead
Oct 23 2013 Anchor

Just wanted to drop-by to say thanks for really awesome and thruought work with this patch. Very large part of has already been integrated into official v2.0.3. I must admit that conceptual and implementation level of some of the features has really suprised me - like radio distorshions during emmisions for example (we'll see if we'll be able to put some asset worki into it to perfect it a bit more - especially I think that if we decide to keep psi-storms active then this is quite large area for being creative).

Also - thanks for covering a lot of those little things that we've simply missed due to lack of time / focus.

Anyway - great job here, its great to know our work inspires such gifted ppl into putting so much effort into making it better :)

Edited by: trojanuch

--

Oct 24 2013 Anchor

EDIT: I am an idiot please disregard post

Edited by: ibebyi

burguois
Oct 24 2013 Anchor

trojanuch wrote: Just wanted to drop-by to say thanks for really awesome and thruought work with this patch. Very large part of has already been integrated into official v2.0.3. I must admit that conceptual and implementation level of some of the features has really suprised me - like radio distorshions during emmisions for example (we'll see if we'll be able to put some asset worki into it to perfect it a bit more - especially I think that if we decide to keep psi-storms active then this is quite large area for being creative).

Also - thanks for covering a lot of those little things that we've simply missed due to lack of time / focus.

Anyway - great job here, its great to know our work inspires such gifted ppl into putting so much effort into making it better :)

Thanks for the kind words.

I've had quite a few ideas, and I've sort of done a few proof-of-concepts that I'd like to include in future versions of this, as optional things (I realize things I like might not actually be a good idea for a lot of people)

One I've made so far is a bit of an overhaul of the mutant looting system. Mainly the mechanics of how you loot something. I've made a script where, when you attempt to loot a mutant, you need a knife, it needs to be equipped, and it needs to be over a certain condition. The knife will also get "damaged" when you loot a mutant, depending on the toughness of the mutant in question (crows and tushkano will do minimal damage, but pseudogiants will really dull your knife)

Different knives also get damaged at different rates. Hunting knives, designed for that kind of thing, will get less damaged than combat knives that may be designed more for thrusting. Snipers will also have lesser damage done to his knife when he loots, thanks to his Survival Expert perk.

--

- [TZP]LoNer1 
Oct 24 2013 Anchor

Hi burguois

Also, a bit unrelated: I noticed that in your download package's readme you mentioned you've restored the medics' ability to sell/buy stuff and I think updating your pastebin/this post to reflect that would help in gaining more overall feedback for your mod (that "feature" was what initially deterred me from using your otherwise spectacular pack! :)

Thanks!

Edited by: ibebyi

burguois
Oct 25 2013 Anchor

ibebyi wrote: Hi burguois

Also, a bit unrelated: I noticed that in your download package's readme you mentioned you've restored the medics' ability to sell/buy stuff and I think updating your pastebin/this post to reflect that would help in gaining more overall feedback for your mod (that "feature" was what initially deterred me from using your otherwise spectacular pack! :)

Thanks!

Yeah, I definitely made a rather bad choice in intergrating that particular choice. I've got an updated version of the patch that I'm going to upload as soon as my phone's 3G connection doesn't act up. It's currently the only real way that I've got of accessing the internet.

Chorbit
Chorbit Russian translator
Oct 28 2013 Anchor

Thanks alot for this patch, it's really useful! And, please, mark authors of these addons:

* IMPROVED SUIT TEXTURES (Author: Chorbit)* IMPROVED AK74 TEXTURE (Author: Dorian23Grey)

Nov 6 2013 Anchor

I don't know if this is just me, but my game crashed when I tried to sleep. I'm not sure if this is due to this patch, or just my installation but any help would be appreciated, I have all the optionals installed except for the Logical Black Road (which caused my game to crash when starting a new game). But besides that, I appreciate this patch, and the optionals were very intriguing.

Update: Never mind, fixed the sleeping by copying the files over again, that somehow fixed.

Edited by: The_Liam

Nov 21 2013 Anchor

This is good, but here are some things that would make it 800 times better:

weapon-fix items displaying the actual percentage of condition repaired instead of the old numbers

"advanced" (medium) glue should work; it doesn't - Clear Sky armor at 85% did not show up as a fixing option when trying to use advanced glue

Finally, HOLY CRAP is it ever tedious waiting out / constantly dying from constant emissions. I get it, it adds an element of true difficulty, but the tedium / frustration factor far outweighs any challenge to be had here - especially when one emission frequently follows another by a matter of seconds. And yes, I see the optional "turn off emissions / storms" factor, but what about a middle ground? I liked the idea of dodging emissions until doing so became a constant and mind-numbing chore I am required to perform.

Also, on a bizarre note, how come Ima Medic is doing laps around the Skadovsk all of a sudden? It'd be hilarious if I weren't largely dependent on him for my epinephrine addiction.

Dec 5 2013 Anchor

I really love the patch, but is there any way to reverse the changes to bonesetter?

The only way to play in janov right now is to stock up on truckloads of ammo, and doing that requires you to abuse quicksave/reload on beard. (which is a lenghty process on its own, and not very fun)

Dec 5 2013 Anchor

Thanks again for this patch, it's good work.

However I'm presently stuck in Yanov and unable to return to Pripyat due to a seemingly unavoidable access violation crash to desktop.

It happens every time I speak to Garry and ask him to take me to Pripyat.

Problem seems to involve lua.JIT.1.1.4.dll. I've tried the optional, optimized version of lua.JIT.1.1.4.dll, but this crash happens regardless of whether or not the optional updated version is in place.

Here are the error log files:

First, with the original lua.JIT.1.1.4.dll :
Mediafire.com

Second, with "optimized" lua.JIT.1.1.4.dll :
Mediafire.com

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.