Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Misery 1.2 Lynx using ugly textures (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : Misery 1.2 Lynx using ugly textures) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 19 2015 Anchor

I was playing Misery 1.2 (sorry most of the new version's additions seem a bit too hardcore for me) and when I got a Lynx it shows up these really ugly rusty looking textures for the body of the gun. I am using a performance texture pack but apparently that only modified gameworld textures. Anybody has any idea what could be going on? Or should I consider that a bad deal and try to get the Green Dragon asap?

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Aug 19 2015 Anchor

I would try rookie mode of 2.1.1. It is truly just a matter of getting familiar with the new features and adjusting your play style a bit. Granted, it is not for everyone, but it really isn't that hard in the end. I was killed in very short order during the Vanilla game until I adjusted to the environment. After a few plays even the hardest level was child's play. Unlike the original game there is more variation in behavior and spawns of NPC's and Mutants and the mod remains a more fresh experience with each play. The next release will bring even greater immersion and more mature features. You can even access a god mode via the xrs_debug_tools until you learn all the new challenges. I came along when 2.0 was released and never played the earlier versions. I can't help much along those lines.

Aug 19 2015 Anchor

Yeah I have tried it but the grinding to get halfway decent equipment is too much for me; I spent 5 or 6 hours scavenging to get some decent gear but I might give it another go

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Aug 19 2015 Anchor

Picking your battles and knowing when to avoid them until you are better equipped is the key. You can reap great rewards just wandering around cleaning up the loot off NPC's that fight each other or lose to mutants. Efficiently clearing stashes and finishing the less demanding storylines as you go. Except for the Mercs in Zaton, everyone else is in the same boat as you at the start. By mid-game I usually have more than a half million rubles and can buy anything I want.

Aug 20 2015 Anchor

Half a million? Man I don't have anywhere near that when I play and am about 1/2 way through.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Aug 20 2015 Anchor

Never less than that. I drop 200K or whatever on the Exo when I return from Pripyat and am usually back up near 500,000 by end. If you only buy 1 or 2 armors and your final weapons and only upgrade the ones you are keeping it starts piling up. I only buy clean food and use epinephrine so I can carry all the loot. So I'm not exactly being frugal.

Aug 20 2015 Anchor

Interesting....where do you get most of your cash?

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Aug 20 2015 Anchor

I hardly look for artifacts, just an odd one or two to help me. Mostly selling loot from killing bandits, mercs and freedom. As a sniper I get a red eco and then a seva, finally an exo. With new cammo system everyone will want to reconsider their weapons and armor for conditions. Shiney is BAD ;-) I sell only to the highest paying trader until money doesn't matter anymore, then I just unload it. Some NPC's will pay really high prices for odd items but rarely have enough cash.

Aug 20 2015 Anchor

ah k yeah. Killing people is the difference between us then. I tend to avoid it because it's dangerous and I don't reload my games.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Aug 20 2015 Anchor

Money isn't the object, after all. Every style that works is a good one for someone. You should really like 2.2. I'm looking forward to what you do with it also if you
still intend to add-on. I'm playing without buying from any except NPC's and only using Cardan for repairs/upgrades and I will have to buy one weapon from Nimble for the storyline. I'm not killing nearly as much, because of very limited ammo.

Aug 20 2015 Anchor

yup still plan on doing it. I need to do the weapons and ammo mod for 2.2 first with a couple different versions first and then I will need a little time for the other one. I've already largely play tested changes I just need to redo it for 2.2 and tweak it a little till I am happy releasing it. With the amount of time I am planning on sinking into 2.2 I don't think it will take long :P

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.