Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Minimap for Misery 2.1.1. (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : Mod optimization : Minimap for Misery 2.1.1.) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 2
Sep 7 2014 Anchor

I know that it's not in the Misery spirit, but since this mod was my very first S.T.A.L.K.E.R. playthrough ever, I had issues in identifying friend from foe so I made this to help me a bit in that matter. It's something that I made for personal use, it works just fine in 1920x1080 but it's untested in any other resolution. The files changed are most likely not modified by any other Misery modifications, so it should be compatible with anything else that doesn't change the UI.

The file can be downloaded from here. Sample screenshot can be seen here.

Dropbox is being s%$#ty, sorry about that. Here's a mirror, I hope this will have less issues.

Edited by: TehGlitch

kcs123
kcs123 Just Kcs123
Sep 8 2014 Anchor

Well, minimum of HUD info is due to attempt to sway players focus more to enviroment, rather then look at that minimap all the time. Misery mod is made for people who already played vanilla game, so it is understandable for rookies to turn on minimap while geting familiar with both, game and mod.

However, if only IFF bothers you, you can turn it on trough "user.ltx" file, you can find file in folder up from your savagame or logs folder. Look for line

Someone wrote:
hud_info off

and change it to

Someone wrote:
hud_info on

Veteran stalkers will even this that feels like cheating, but for newcomers could be usefull and less immersion breaker like minimap.

--

Sep 9 2014 Anchor

I was aware of the hud_info on config line, thank you nonetheless :) I, however, find the minimap less immersion-breaking than a name popping up in the middle of my screen. When I'll figure out a way to tell the npcs apart in a reasonable easy manner (especially night time recon stealth missions), I will do a playthrough with a clean hud. I can see how this is not what the authors of Misery intended for the mod, so if I should take it down, I don't mind doing it.

kcs123
kcs123 Just Kcs123
Sep 10 2014 Anchor

No need to remove it, everyone can modify and play his own game as he/she like it. It can only help newcomers to both, Stalker vanilla game and this mod.
And if someone doesn't like it, always can reinstall official release.

--

Sep 13 2014 Anchor

Is there a mod to have a minimap that shows only bodies?

Nov 17 2014 Anchor

My way of identifying if a group is friend or foe is killing them outright once I spot them in the distance then loot their corpses and see to which faction they belonged to. Too bad if they were friends. They were friends with good loot.

Mar 29 2015 Anchor

Is there any directions for turning the entire hud system back on? I'd like to tell what my health is at and such. Dont really care for the original F# key stuff for medkits n such, but just about everything else would be nice.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Mar 29 2015 Anchor

Did you try the link in the top posting? Or does that not indicate health.

Apr 26 2015 Anchor

There is a screenshot showcasing the mod and it actually shows the health/stamina as well (sorry for the late reply, really busy IRL :| )

PzKd
PzKd X-Ray redneck
Aug 10 2015 Anchor

Well, there is no "Endorsement" button here (but if it had one, I would have hit it) but thank you anyway (:

--

S.T.A.L.K.E.R WORMWOOD Team - Game Engine Programmer

Aug 20 2015 Anchor

Thanks!

Gives me everything I need, now I can acutally find those damn corpses in swamp areas.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Aug 20 2015 Anchor

Another way to find things you can't see without using the HUD mod is to press the "F" key and items will highlight. It won't show the corpse, but the weapon it dropped near it.

Oct 31 2015 Anchor

The health and stamina are shown, only they are to the left. That, or I've been living a lie for almost a year now. And like everyone says, mash F and pray, you'll find something. My own way of indentifying people is to see if aim back at your and shoot at you when you aim at them. If they do aim, immediately shoot them in the face. You'll put them out of their misery and reduce your own.

Feb 14 2016 Anchor

The link at the top doesnt work m8.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Feb 14 2016 Anchor

That's a common dropbox problem. Just copy the link and remove the spaces inside the name and it will probably work.

Feb 15 2016 Anchor

Thank you for the reply (:

Feb 28 2016 Anchor

The link at hte top doesnt work ... any other link ? Please :(

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Feb 28 2016 Anchor

try the instructions in the last post here: Moddb.com

I have NOT tried this, if it works, please make a note here ;)

Mar 15 2016 Anchor

Sorry for the late reply, here's a reupload of the minimap if someone still needs it. I'll also update the download link in the 1st post.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Mar 15 2016 Anchor

Sweet! Thanks.

May 16 2016 Anchor

Link is down again

May 30 2016 Anchor

link down plz reupload!!

Jun 23 2016 Anchor

you dload link:

Error (429)This account's links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

why can't these just be added to moddb like others instead of using this 3rd party site you've linked that doesn't allow us to download?

Aug 8 2016 Anchor

ok the link is still dead :(

but there is light in tunnel ;)

Heres the way to switch on the minimap by Ajcl (100% working checked by me on Misery 2.1.1)

ok. the other way is
1- install Misery 2.0
2- delete file "ui_common.dds" in (S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\gamedata\textures\ui)
3- delete file "map_spots_relations.xml" in (S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\gamedata\configs\ui)
4- ** edit file "zone_map.xml" in (S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\gamedata\configs\ui)
** switch this valor
level_frame x="9" for this level_frame x="0.09"

Jan 5 2017 Anchor

Yeah, the link is still dead. Any chance anyone has it uploaded anywhere else? It would be greatly appreciated :)

I am enjoying Misery, yet the only thing I need is the minimap to assist with orientation and Friend/Foe identification.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.