Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Making money/healing in 2.2? (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : Making money/healing in 2.2?) Locked
Thread Options
Dec 6 2017 Anchor

In Misery 2.2:

I am playing as a sniper.

1. Do I heal by sleeping/waiting? I have no noticed this and have had to resort to med kits. If not, what is the cheapest way to heal?

1a. What about radiation? It looks like even white levels of rad hurt me and don't really go away on their own. Cheapest way to cure?

2. How do I grind money in Zaton (I don’t want to go to Yanov yet)? Is cooking and selling mutant parts still the best way?

Edited by: misterkat

Dec 7 2017 Anchor

Healing is pretty much only done by medkits/stims or by seeing the medic. I am not sure how much medkits cost to buy off medics but if they're less than 2K the answer will depend on whether the kit will heal you to full or not. Food gives a small amount of life but not enough to do any real healing.

As to radiation you can use smokes(I always have a ton of these) or zone water is a good choice for smaller doses.

For grinding cash I seem to recall that using a shotgun on mutants was pretty effective. Shells are cheap for how much damage they do. Completing all of the quests is also worth a fair amount. Cooking mutant meat is still better than selling it raw, especially with getting two for one when you have the pots and pans item. I don't recall what it's called. There is of course artifact hunting as well. Some of them are worth quite a bit and you will need a closed suit for the road to pripyat anyways.

That's how I do it anyways. If you're finding you're not getting much cash you should look at how much you're spending to do what you're doing. An extreme example would be shooting rats with the KSVK to make money. The ammo would probably be worth more than the loot.

Dec 7 2017 Anchor

I fully agree with Odi, but, there is an other thing to do, that consume almost zero effort, zero bullet (if you do it well), and that may be a good complement : scavenging bodies after a battle. Follow a stalker squad (or better, a duty/freedom squad, as they are better stuffed most of the time), they'll kill everything (almost) for you. You'll just have to bend over and take everything on you ! The classic stalker way to make it short ^^

About Radiation : The sniper heals 1ms/sec iirc, so with lighter doses (like 30-), you can just wait til it disapeared. Else, beards tea, cigs, tobaco etc. Avoid meds if you can, they'll hurt you, really.

About Healing : The best way to heal is not being armed. Yeah that sounds stupid, but it's really the best way. Medkits are quite expensive if you have to buy them, and there's not that much in stash. So when you find medkits, stimpaks, try to keep them for when shits falls on you badly.

Edited by: Eldrak1911

--

Meow Slave.

Dec 7 2017 Anchor

In my case if you go after human NPCs (bandits, mercs, etc ..) you would have pretty good chance of getting loads of medkits and stimpaks not to mention that they die quickly (if you ambush and target their heads from distance). Good hunting stalker!

Dec 7 2017 Anchor

For hunting stalkers, what's a good economical (meaning ammo is cheap and/or easy to find) gun that has a scope? I have a damaged pistol I use for head shots and the over/under long barreled shotgun to save on ammo, but they are poor long range options.

Dec 8 2017 Anchor

AP rounds are what you need against stalkers. A 9x19 AP round can drop a stalker with one shot to the face with some armour where it can take multiple hits to the head with 5.56x45 non-AP.

Since all of the regular rifle AP rounds are so similar in cost, damage/accuracy is what you want and the M21 with AP rounds does quite well with that.

There is of course the UMP45 as well. It lacks the accuracy for distances but close up it's quite good and the ammo is a fair bit less. Of course if it takes two bullets to kill someone compared to just one with the M21 you've already lost the economic advantage it has. It comes down to how well you can hit people in the face and how you like to play really.

Dec 8 2017 Anchor

Multiples solutions for me on the killing humans terrain :

1. Cal 12g, friendly bandits ? (Yep, even if you sided with stalkers in sevchenko, it happens), just go behind them, and unload your shotgun in their head/torso. It works way better if you have more than 2 shots in your magasine (Or zine ? I don't recall).
  2. Any silenced weapon with ap (pb 6p9, makarov with silencer, M1911 etc.
  3. In scoped version, well, the honorary mosin is pretty efficient once you get the "Aim the throat" thing. Else, you got the M21 yep, or K98k, or the any scavenged scope weapon in 7.62 in fact.
  4. But as i said up there, the more economic way is not to shoot. It's to wait until others do the job ^^. At least at the beginning.

--

Meow Slave.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Dec 8 2017 Anchor

Any AK74, or Nikonov you find with a 5x scope will do the trick for mid range sniping and close quarters combat. The ammo is Class IV (I only use AP for any purpose) and makes short work of anyone with head/neck shots. The Ghillied SVD is far superior to the M21/24 in firing speed and handling (the amount of time you have to be settled on target for each shot), is just as accurate and the ammo is lighter/cheaper. The alt version (I wish there was a ghillied one) can take scopes off any of the other weapons, so 5.5x, 6x and 8x scopes make it extremely versatile.

You can easily find (on corpses) more than enough food and medications to sustain you without ever buying any. If you manage things well, you rarely even need to buy ammo.

Dec 8 2017 Anchor

I have the Nikonov and the FN 2000 already so I think I'm in good shape as far as having a good weapon to use up the common ammo. The problem is getting that ammo.

1. Does loot get better as I do more questions? Meaning, will random stalkers drop better gear and in better shape when I complete quests for Beard and Owl?

2. What's the best gear to work towards for the most efficient (fastest) money making? Is it still artifact hunting? What sort of suit is best?

3. Does gun repair get more expensive per percentage the more the gun is worn? Is repairing a gun from 90 to 100 less than half as expensive as repairing it from 80 to 100?

4. What sort of med kit do I need to be able to get a surrendered stalker to give me his gun?

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Dec 8 2017 Anchor

Loot does not improve as the game goes on except as you progress, NPC's become better equipt (better armor and weapons) so the degraded items you loot are more likely to be higher end models, but not in better condition.

Avoiding wear and tear on your armor is the most profitable way to do things. Ecologist suits are best for artifact hunting, but you must avoid being attacked by mutants and NPC's while you are about it or the damage to your suit will exceed the value of the artifiacts.

I'm not sure to what degree repair costs accelerate. If only a couple percent below perfect most repairs are cheaper to have a mechanic do unless you already have spare parts to use. The cost or value of the item has more bearing beyond that. An item worth only 300R costs pennies to repair vs. one which costs 1200R. Still, an item which cost 8K may cost 3X+ as much to repair (at a mechanic) as buying new if too worn down.

Dec 9 2017 Anchor
jasper34 wrote:

Loot does not improve as the game goes on except as you progress, NPC's become better equipt (better armor and weapons) so the degraded items you loot are more likely to be higher end models, but not in better condition.

Avoiding wear and tear on your armor is the most profitable way to do things. Ecologist suits are best for artifact hunting, but you must avoid being attacked by mutants and NPC's while you are about it or the damage to your suit will exceed the value of the artifiacts.

I'm not sure to what degree repair costs accelerate. If only a couple percent below perfect most repairs are cheaper to have a mechanic do unless you already have spare parts to use. The cost or value of the item has more bearing beyond that. An item worth only 300R costs pennies to repair vs. one which costs 1200R. Still, an item which cost 8K may cost 3X+ as much to repair (at a mechanic) as buying new if too worn down.

So the only way to get an intact gun is to get someone to surrender and trade a medkit for it? What's the cheapest medkit item that works for this purpose?

Also, is it worth it to hunt down the sharpening stones to keep disassembling guns with swiss knife or does it matter if I use a crowbar?

Dec 9 2017 Anchor

Nope, the only way to get an intact gun is to buy (Nimble, Owl etc), or to found it (never found an intact gun so far thought).

As to medkit, the cheapest is the first xxx medkit, the green.

Imo, yes definitely, if you have chimera Horn, you can decide to spare the stones for later.

I'm sorry if what i'm gonna say sounds rude but, you keep asking for this and for that, always for the best time/cost efficient item or way to do things. So, here's my question : Do you plan to play the game or do you just plan to run it so you'll be able to say : "I did misery" ?

--

Meow Slave.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Dec 9 2017 Anchor

LOL, it is more fun to learn by doing.

There are several pristine condition weapons to be found. It is VERY easy to make money once you bother to learn the mechanics by playing and reading descriptions.

Tools have minor tradeoffs. The swiss army knife has the best results of the makeshift tools by 4%, the worst tool gives you 1%, but the crowbar does not wear out. It also weighs considerably more.

Dec 9 2017 Anchor
Eldrak1911 wrote:

Nope, the only way to get an intact gun is to buy (Nimble, Owl etc), or to found it (never found an intact gun so far thought).

As to medkit, the cheapest is the first xxx medkit, the green.

Imo, yes definitely, if you have chimera Horn, you can decide to spare the stones for later.

I'm sorry if what i'm gonna say sounds rude but, you keep asking for this and for that, always for the best time/cost efficient item or way to do things. So, here's my question : Do you plan to play the game or do you just plan to run it so you'll be able to say : "I did misery" ?

Are you sure you're running 2.2? I just got a guy to surrender, clicked on option 3, and found a brand new weapon in my inventory. It was a "Dusty" AK-47, but intact as far as condition goes.

jasper34 wrote:

LOL, it is more fun to learn by doing.

There are several pristine condition weapons to be found. It is VERY easy to make money once you bother to learn the mechanics by playing and reading descriptions.

Tools have minor tradeoffs. The swiss army knife has the best results of the makeshift tools by 4%, the worst tool gives you 1%, but the crowbar does not wear out. It also weighs considerably more.

What percent does the crowbar give for dismantling guns? Also, I think the advice that hasn't been mentioned much is that first you need to make the game progress a bit by doing quests to make ambushing/robbing more profitable. I'm raking in hundreds of kilos of loot now that I did a few quests for Beard and Owl.

Dec 9 2017 Anchor

I admit not having tested that option in 2.2 yet. In 2.1, i don't remember getting anything else than worn weapons. And in 2.2, the only time i tried to make a guy to surrender, was only to being shot when approaching. So now : I kill. No mercy, no surrender.

--

Meow Slave.

Dec 9 2017 Anchor
Eldrak1911 wrote:

I admit not having tested that option in 2.2 yet. In 2.1, i don't remember getting anything else than worn weapons. And in 2.2, the only time i tried to make a guy to surrender, was only to being shot when approaching. So now : I kill. No mercy, no surrender.

I take a casual approach to it. If they surrender, good. If not, they die. I still try to land a few light hits to the limbs if I manage to isolate the last member of a squad.

Looks like it doesn't always yield an intact weapon. Someone just surrendered and gave me 2 damaged guns.

Something else: it looks like option 3 doesn't actually use up a medkit.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.