Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Main menu says "Misery 2.0.2"..? (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : Main menu says "Misery 2.0.2"..?) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 12 2017 Anchor

Hi

I downloaded the "MISERY 2.1.1 (Full Version)" from here Moddb.com and installed it but in the bottom left corner of main menu it says "MISERY ver. 2.0.2".xrEngine 2017 06 12 20 28 39 23

Did I mess something up or is this just a bug?

Thanks

Edited by: 0rpheus

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Jun 12 2017 Anchor

You messed something up :)

Did you start with a clean COP installation and start and save the game once before installing MISERY 2.1.1 Full?

If 2.02 was already installed, uninstall it. Uninstall COP, delete any remaining folders. Reinstall, start and save COP.

Install MISERY 2.1.1 full as administrator. It should now say 2.1.1 ;)

You will probably need to start a new game regardless.

kcs123
kcs123 Just Kcs123
Jun 13 2017 Anchor

Did I mess something up or is this just a bug?

Yes and no. Above is good example how important is to give accurate install details. You have installed properly 2.1.1. but you didn't mentioned that you have also installed Yasti's quick hard save tweak on top of that.

That tweak is compatible for all versions from 2.0.2 up to 2.1.1. only "issue" is wrong version number on main menu. That version number is just small text inside main menu script that you can easy change by yourself if it bothers you too much. If that is only addition on top of official release you will be fine.

Edited by: kcs123

--

Jun 14 2017 Anchor

Oh damn I'm stupid. Yes, I forgot to mention that I installed the quick hard save tweak, but in my head I somehow completely excluded the possibility that a small tweak like that could change the text in main menu.

Sorry, problem solved then. Thanks, to both of you, especially Kcs123 for having such a keen eye and noticing my stupidity

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Jun 14 2017 Anchor

I didn't know that. It has been too long since I played using those fixes. You don't need an add-on to change you quick save methods to a safe one on 2.1.1. Dropbox.com

Jun 14 2017 Anchor
jasper34 wrote:

I didn't know that. It has been too long since I played using those fixes. You don't need an add-on to change you quick save methods to a safe one on 2.1.1. Dropbox.com

Oh, I didn't know that the hard save function was already there and just needed a key bind. Thanks!

But after a bit of looking around it seems that a new version will be released in a few months, so I'd rather wait for that one before I start playing MISERY again :)

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Jun 14 2017 Anchor

I hear ya :) As long as you already know all the 2.1.1 mechanics, there is little besides playing fun to be gained ;)

2.2 introduces many new mechanics on top of those in 2.1.1. The advantage over Yasti's save method is it does not fill up your drive if you spam the f5 key a lot.

Happy hunting Stalker!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.