Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Is Quick Save still a problem in 2.1.1? (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : Is Quick Save still a problem in 2.1.1?) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 24 2016 Anchor

Hi all, just spent last two days playing Arsenal Overhaul COP to get familiar with the game.

Now I have a fresh installation of Misery 2.1.1 with Absolute Nature 4 and about to begin (just ran straight to ship as the Recon).

I've read a bit that Quick Save will eventually corrupt my save (which I'm guessing is bad...) , but most of this information is out-dated or related to 2.0

I also noticed that a "Save Corruption Fix" was included in 2.1 by Yasti. So does that mean I can just use Quick Save?

If not what should I do to make saving more convenient for myself?

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Aug 24 2016 Anchor

Yes, absolutely so. Don't quick save ever. ;) Use one of these two methods to safely use the f5 and f9 keys to make Quick HARD Saves Dropbox.com

Edited by: jasper34

Aug 24 2016 Anchor

Thank you for quick reply. Cheers!

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Aug 24 2016 Anchor

Yasti's method works perfectly, however it will fill your hard drive quickly with unique saves. I suggest the other method if you can't break the f5/f9 habit. One thing to remember: The game moves on - to the tune of about 15 seconds - while you are reloading any save. Between the time the game reloads and you can hit any key to play, squads can change the direction they were heading, mutants head closer, etc. So, you really need to be somewhere out of sight and safe when you save vs. just habitually punching the f5 key in the middle of battle. I suggest inside a good bush or a nice quiet corner of a building ;)

Also, the more often you save and reload the more likely bodies will be cleared from the map and valuable loot lost. With a little planning, you can get all the way through a conflict in one save and loot without reloading after making it. Happy Hunting Stalker!

Edited by: jasper34

Aug 25 2016 Anchor

FYI for those of you doing this now, the config changes included in the guide get either overwritten or duplicated (for F5/F9) unless you assign the old quick save/load actual keys. I set them to F10/F11 and now it saves no matter how I change my settings.

bind quick_save kF11
bind quick_load kF10
bind_console save quick_hard_save  kF5
bind_console load quick_hard_save  kF9

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Aug 25 2016 Anchor

Could you explain that in more detail? If you reassign the original vanilla functions to custom keys then assigning the original hard save keys doesn't get overwritten when you start a new game? If you start a new game otherwise (having used the quick Hard save in the last one) they get reset?

Aug 28 2016 Anchor

Hey jasper, this is true but not just for starting a new game. If you select "Quit Game" from the menu it also updates user.ltx and clears anything without an actual shortcut.

So as the manual says with simply "bind quick_save" it will get reset to "bind quick_save kF5"

Found this out pretty much accidentally since I kept notepad++ open.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Aug 28 2016 Anchor

Which user.ltx, the original in the main COP folder, or the one in _appdata_?

Feb 11 2017 Anchor

I am never using a quick or auto-save ever again. I just took Jasper's advice and used the hard-save mod he recommended and haven't experienced any crashes yet after 4 hours of a new game. I did also lower alife from 550 to the default (I think it's 300).

I think the funniest bug I've seen, which I contribute to using quick-saves, is npc's and mutant groups just running in place. You can circle them and they'd do nothing, but if you fired one round in their direction, they get 'unstuck' real quick.

I just read another thread he said about deleting the user.ltx in the cop directory, I don't know what that will do to the game, but we'll see.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Feb 12 2017 Anchor

The running in place can happen randomly. It has nothing to do with save game corruption. That effects things like you complete a helicopter mission and the game does not recognize that you have. This prevents you from completing the story/game. Any number of things like finding a document or other milestone in the game if not registered will break it.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.