Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
How do I install MISERY 2.2 ? (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : How do I install MISERY 2.2 ?) Locked
Thread Options
Oct 2 2017 Anchor

So I apologize if this has been asked, I had a friend help me do all the installations for anything up until 2.2.

Is there a detailed guide of what I have to do after in install? I ran the setup and it didn't work. I have previous versions of the game all in the same folder. Do I delete everything?

Please be as detailed in the download help, as I am not very good with this, thank you in advance.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Oct 2 2017 Anchor
Nov 19 2017 Anchor

Hello, I have a Problem. I did everything exactly as instructed but i can´t run the game. After the installation, the MOD "Do not run". I tried it with the Folder Launcher, also as administrator...but then just nothing happens. I also tried it with the COP launcher, but it just runs COP.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Nov 20 2017 Anchor

You can execute the file to install the mod, or run the game after you have followed all the directions? After installing the original game, there should have been a desktop icon created. How did you run the original game to start and save it once before installing the mod? If you didn't do that, you didn't follow the directions, if you did, the icon and its function would not change in any way having installed the mod.

Nov 20 2017 Anchor

OK, I´m going to detail the steps, because I think there´s something missing in my installation of the mod.

I think u r going to notice that I´m not very familiar with mods.

1- I uninstalled the COP(Steam) because i previously had the CoC Mod on.

-I deleted the CoP folder on the Steamapp folder.

-Re installed the game.

2- Unziped the files into the CoP main folder.(not 4 anithing relevant)

-run the Setup.EXE file(it created this folder: C:\program files(x86)\bitcomposer games\s.t.a.l.k.e.r. - Call of Pripiat )

3-then I went to the new installed folder, found a CoP.EXE file and run it as administrator...the sign asking for Allowing changes in the system showed up...i click YES and then nothing happens. (if a just doble click on the icon nothing happens)

- I tried the same for the .EXE inside the Data folder of the unziped folders of the mod and it´s the same.

-then i tried the CoP .exe in the desktop and Call Of Prypiat starts, no problems.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Nov 20 2017 Anchor

Don't unzip to the COP folder, unzip in your downloads folder or wherever you downloaded MISERY to. The installer will find your installation just fine. CoC was a stand alone installation and does not need to be removed to install COP and MISERY.

Install a fresh copy of COP however you normally do. Follow the directions provided in my original link. You don't need to do anything else special.

Nov 20 2017 Anchor

Ok, Thanks

Nov 24 2017 Anchor

After installing the original game, there should have been a desktop icon created. lol

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Nov 24 2017 Anchor

Your distribution didn't create a desktop icon? Regardless, it has nothing to do with installing the mod.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.