Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
I have 2 questions (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : I have 2 questions) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 17 2015 Anchor

First:
Are mutant hitmen a feature of Misery? Every time a blowout occurs and I try to go shelter somewhere, I have to deal with some serious shit. First time was a 10 man snork rape train clipping through doors, and now there a fucking chimera stopping me from making it to shelter. On both occasions they make a bee-line for me from the edge of my draw distance.

Second is:
Has anyone else experienced some serious shit when fighting with dudes in places where there's like multiple roofs and levels? Somethings like this Youtu.be ? (I know it's SHOC but it's basically the same thing).
But In this case they "glide" thru the levels and kill me while they're flying, and that is really stupid.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Jun 17 2015 Anchor

I've only failed to reach shelter once in my first ever play though of vanilla game. I always go out after an emission and am always back before the next. As to your second question, No. Did you start a game with just the base game installed and save the game once before installing mod? Did you install (just install, not run) the mod as administrator? Did you download the all-in-one 2.1.1 mod from this page or the official mod page? If yes, what is your FOV and video settings?

Jun 18 2015 Anchor

I've never had the issues you seem to be having. I easily have over 200 hours of gameplay too.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Jun 18 2015 Anchor

Steam says I've been playing COP for 4495 hours so far, I think that's a bit on the low side though. I'm guessing the mod may not have been completely installed, I would try it again and make sure download is from either MODDB or Misery official page. It is also very important to ensure all traces of any previous mods are removed.

Jun 18 2015 Anchor

I will try to record some videos when I can

Jun 26 2015 Anchor

I had a situation once in Jupiter area when I was close to cement factory and blowout decided to ... well ... blow. Anyway, there was me, a pseudogiant, a friendly squad of stalkers that were practically inside safe area, a blowout and a quicksave i made just a second before blowout decided to announce itself. On my first 50 tries i would always run towards the group of friendly stalkers hoping that we will be able to kill giant together before blowout kills us. Every time a giant would stroll in and bitchslap us all over the factory so we would end up dead by either him or by blowout if he didn't manage to kill us before it started. On my last try, instead of running toward stalkers, I ran toward giant and blasted him from near point blank with a shotgun then ran into shelter and smoked a cigar.

Jun 26 2015 Anchor

Hah 50 tries.

Yeah don't NPC are pretty unreliable sometimes. Their weapons will jam just like ours, their aim is super but usually interfered with their own movements. As if their legs and their hands got their own brains. Giant isn't that scary if you have Saiga 12, 2 to 3 mag can pump into it quickly and it will be over.

I was in Pripyat last night, following a group of heavily armed duty. We took a break at River front then a blowout is coming. I was so drunk I completely forgot where to go.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Jun 26 2015 Anchor

Free Play? In all my play thoughs I can't remember any blowouts in Pripyat besides the scripted one before finale.

Jun 26 2015 Anchor

Yes it happened during free play.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Jun 26 2015 Anchor

I can think of maybe a half dozen places I would guess would shelter you, but I don't think I've ever had to try. My closest guess from river port would be maybe movie theater.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.