Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
How to travel with compass artifact in 2.1? (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : How to travel with compass artifact in 2.1?) Locked
Thread Options
Feb 22 2014 Anchor

Hello

Can anyone tell me how to travel with compass artifact in misery 2.1?

A have AAM, but it only protects me from 22 rad/s, and compass is emiting 39 rads/s, so the journey with it is very short

Anyone know it?

Nyayr
Nyayr Reconnaissance Beta
Feb 22 2014 Anchor

Maybe in the future there might be a higher canister, I don't know... For now the compass is not meant to be worn just like the heart of oasis are quest related.

--

Avoid using autosaves, use hard saves only.

Logs are located in "C:\Users\Public\Documents\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\logs\xray_....log"

Apr 3 2014 Anchor

tsk, preventing players from using the compass, it is a useless rock then

Nyayr
Apr 3 2014 Anchor

Same with the oasis thingy, they are quest related.

--

Logs are located in "C:\Users\Public\Documents\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\logs\xray_....log"

Apr 3 2014 Anchor

Did they change that? As in vanilla (as far as I know) you can get two compass artifacts from Noah, one for the quest and the other to keep as no trader will buy it.. I know this wasn't the case with the Heart of the Oasis in vanilla though..

Nyayr
Apr 3 2014 Anchor

Both now have radiation through the roof as does that steeringwheel thingy, so it is obvious they aren't meant to be used. They compass has super high stamina + but a psy - you'd die with :P

--

Jun 16 2014 Anchor

I think this is ridiculous I used to be able to use the compass in misery 1.1 like what gives?

Compass was never a "quest" item like a lot of the stuff in stalker, nothing is a part of a real quest you can choose to do as you see fit, like the box you get out of the snork cave, you can give it to the bandit and split the loot or take it to the mechanic and he'd open it for you. Same with the oasis, you can keep it yourself, sell it to hawaiin or beard or give it to the scientists, the fact that you can't use it I think is stupid and unfair and defeats the whole purpose of artifacts giving stalkers immense power that they were rumored to do

Jun 16 2014 Anchor

Why make them unusable? "Because they're quest related" isn't a good reason. Better to leave it to the player to decide whether to give away a valuable item to fulfil an agreement or keep it for themselves than to just make the decision for them...

Jun 18 2014 Anchor

C:\Program Files (x86)\bitComposer Games\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\gamedata\configs\misc\items\items_arty_containers.LTX

There are three sections for Compass and Heart of the Oasis, the IAM, AAC, and AAM. Change the radiation restore speed so it says:

radiation_restore_speed = 0

No more radiation when that artifact is equipped with that container :)

So if you want to carry Compass in an AAM, find the af_compass_af_aam section, look for radiation_restore_speed and change the value to 0

Nyayr
Jun 18 2014 Anchor

With a compass you die even if you a fraction near a controller, poltergeist or burer, for better result be a sniper and wear a ghillie and you'd die at 100 yards from a polter ;)

--

Jun 18 2014 Anchor

Yeah...but compass is like...unique and stuff. You get a spare one all for yourself, it's like you're meant to have it! Especially after not being able to keep compass in clear sky! Go on - you deserve a compass! :-)

Jul 15 2014 Anchor

I have to say, personally I think it's odd and silly that we can't use the Compass artifact. It doesn't make sense at all since we get a second which clearly suggests to the player "here's something nice for you to use" otherwise we would just have gotten a bigger cash reward for returning the first which would also be the only one.

Jul 16 2014 Anchor

Simple solution. Artifacts are easily modified so why not just make the compass the way you want it to be?
I have modified almost all the artifacts properties to suit my personal pleasure. The aim is gain near immunity to at least 2 areas where I loose resistance to other areas. Plus added their value higher than vanilla game. Making artifact hunting and storing much more interesting.

Apr 14 2015 Anchor

Even after I run to my stash box and drop off the compass artifacts they continue to kill me.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Apr 14 2015 Anchor

You need to place them into lead boxes you bring with you or the radiation will put a hurting on you. Even an AAM won't block that much radiation, only a lead box. Considering the weight, you could just get one and shuttle it to beard in a box, give it to him and cure the smaller amount of radiation, then go back for the second. It will take a significant amount of antirad drugs to cure you otherwise. The Heart of the Oasis will require lead box too, and I believe the artifact you seek in the first mission for the scientists as well.

Or you can pop some epinephrine and do it all in one trip if you can afford 2 lead boxes.

Sep 4 2015 Anchor

Personally I examined the items_artefacts.Itx and the items_arty_containers.ltx to make the compass and the Oasis heart radiation level to 0 when they are in the AAM. Moreover I change a bit there stats so they are really useful (as implied by their descriptions) and the counterpart is I just need AAM to use them properly. I didn't change there weight.

Artifact radiation_restore_speed : 0.00047

radiation_restore_speed (empty container)
af_aim : -0.00013
af_aac : -0.00025
af_aam : -0.00047

radiation_restore_speed (with artifact)
af_aim : 0.00034
af_aac : 0.00022
af_aam : 0

Here the new stats I have made (Mostly I just change the negative stats and lower some to make something good but not overcheated !)

Compass :

[af_compass_absorbation]
burn_immunity = 0.00331
strike_immunity = 0.13224
shock_immunity = 0.15943
wound_immunity = 0.06146
radiati />telepatic immunity = 0.00332
chemical_burn_immunity = 0.00492
explosi />fire_wound_immunity = 0.06883

Osasis heart :

[af_oasis_heart_absorbation]
burn_immunity = 0
strike_immunity = 0.11987
shock_immunity = 0
wound_immunity = 0.11874
radiati />telepatic immunity = 0
chemical_burn_immunity = 0.00748
explosi />fire_wound_immunity = 0.12166

Tell me what you think of this adjustments !

Edited by: Morghat

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Sep 4 2015 Anchor

You are, of course, free to change your own files :D They are not intended to be useful in Misery. Lead box will still be needed for scientists quest artifacts and dredge artifact unless you edit those too. The point is to make you use the right tool(s) for each purpose.

Sep 4 2015 Anchor

I don't need to change anything, the mod is perfect (maybe except those diabolically accurate grenades launch...) :D

I really like the concept of reward ; powerful unique items that make you a bit different (like the gauss gun). That's why I was a bit disappointed when I see the (special) artifacts stats and so I change them. But I really want to keep a realistic and balanced game where the Zone is a dangerous place. Even if you have the most powerful armor, weapon and items a bloodsucker ambush or a lucky/skilled enemy can kill you in 1 sec. I have to be careful and provident !

Anyway, thanks for making this awesome game even more awesome !

Sep 5 2015 Anchor

I actually prefer accurate grenade launcher that I know where it will land then inaccurate one that keeps me guessing. Not to be mistaken with hand grenades that are notoriously accurate even in vanilla and can be really annoying even if i personally don't have much problems with them.

Sep 5 2015 Anchor
ToothlessShark wrote:

I actually prefer accurate grenade launcher that I know where it will land then inaccurate one that keeps me guessing. Not to be mistaken with hand grenades that are notoriously accurate even in vanilla and can be really annoying even if i personally don't have much problems with them.

I was speaking about the enemy grenade launch (frag grenade, not mounted launcher) witch are very, very, very accurate. They fall exactly where I am and detonate just when they hit the ground. It's very... frustrating. I want to know who learn those stalkers how to deal with grenade launch ! XD

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Sep 5 2015 Anchor

The good thing is we have the same precision using a launcher, the ammo is just real hard to come by early in game. NPC's Yoda must have been Rambo :D

Sep 5 2015 Anchor

Yeah the mounted grenade launcher is very powerful, I have to buy a Bulldog, those bloody pseudogiant will know the fear ! MUHAHAHAHA... hum sorry...

Sep 9 2015 Anchor

Oh, just to mention. 40mm grenades almost kill Pseudogiant or Chimera with one shot. Don't use 2 on same one, just finish them off with normal bullets as it's far cheaper.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.