Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
gewehr 43 (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : Favorite weapon : gewehr 43) Locked
Thread Options
Oct 16 2017 Anchor

I'm starting to like having this around as a back up weapon for my assaulter as a mid-long range killer, the rounds are affordable and offer overall good penetration and damage.

But I don't understand how a 7.62x39 can out preform it. It's a larger, full sized round and there are modernized variants of the round that outperform even the 7.62x51mm nato.

Oct 21 2017 Anchor

7.62x39
k_hit =1.52

ak 47
hit_power = 0.53

7.92x57
k_hit =1.48

G43
hit_power = 0.745

So the G43 does hit harder than an AK but only because the weapon damage is higher. If you convert the G43 to shoot 7.62x39 it would be even more powerful. Similarly if you convert the ak47 to shoot 7.92x57 it will actually lower damage.

If you don't like it you could always check out Moddb.com

Oct 29 2017 Anchor

Hi Guys ! It's a bit off topic, but not completely :

Could you please tell me, how do you read those values together ? Does it work like :

1. Caliber k_hit*Weapon hit_power = final damage ?
  2. Caliber k_hit/Weapon hit_power = final damage ?
  3. Weapon hit_power/Caliber k_hit = final damage ?

Same question goes for the dispersal by the way. I'm pretty sure that all the operations are a bit complex than that, with the k_disp, the k_dist etc, but if i can understand that combination, that would cool ^^

--

Meow Slave.

Oct 29 2017 Anchor

I've been told the two values are multiplied, but I've never actually tested it....could be additive as well. Actually that wouldn't be too hard to test(additive or multiplicative)

Oct 29 2017 Anchor

It may be multiplied. Since we are in game's programmation, they are probably factors i suppose. But that suppose that sks got way less damage and a bit more dispersal than the mosin nagant. Ouch. I suppose i'll stick to the honorary for now. But i wish i could get something more punchy before going to yanov.

--

Meow Slave.

Oct 30 2017 Anchor

Before my sniper save got corrupted, I had an sks with the 7.62x54R conversion and it was amazing. Like that was a huge damage boost and it didn't alter much beyond that, other than the price of ammunition of course.

Edited by: Random_Zombie#1

Oct 31 2017 Anchor

I suppose i could test it some day. But i still see it as way less accurate than the mosin, so it'll be after i got a really good sniper (like the sws M24 i.e) ^^

--

Meow Slave.

Nov 4 2017 Anchor

I don't use it at the range you'd use a proper rifle, more mid range with the fact the acogs/susats don't reach out like the svd or svu scopes.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.