Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Weapons and ammo mod for misery 2.2 (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : Mod optimization : Weapons and ammo mod for misery 2.2) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Mar 26 2014 Anchor

Here is the second version for 2.2

Google drive:
Drive.google.com

MS drive:
1drv.ms

Change log:
-All weapons now take into account class proficiency with accuracy and recoil
-Gun quality is generally Special > Camo > modern/custom > standard > worn > rusty
-Damage largely moved to ammo
-ammo damage/AP reworked
-made ammo weight as realistic as I could
-recoil has been redone
-ppsh41 now has a fire rate of 1300
-SKS now has a fire rate of 250
-STG44 shoots a different round IRL, damage reduced to simulate that

Version 2 change log:
-Recoil on upgrades should be much better
-Removed recoil per shot increase on full auto pistol upgrades

Install instructions:
1) Download the file from either link
2) Open 2.2wna2.zip
3) Open the folder that matches your install FoV(83 is default)
4) Extract the gamedata folder into your stalker directory, overwriting files when asked
5) You will need to switch classes at least once for the changes to take effect(you can switch right back to the class you were using)

On my to do list:
-Change gun stats when switching ammo type(a sig550 should be lower recoil if it shoots 5.45x39, for example)

-sp6 rounds may be less accurate than sp5 ones(I am re-reading this thread)

Heck, maybe that is in 2.2 already I don't know, I haven't played/looked yet.

As always, feel free to leave comments on anything you think is off(or bugs) and I will be happy to look at it. All of my gun knowledge comes from working on this mod so there are plenty of people who know more than I.

It might take me a little to get to the ammo change upgrades because I have another mod I want to do before that. It will be a little more of a public work in progress I think so maybe I will have a link for that soonish...maybe.

Edited by: odizzido

kcs123
kcs123 Just Kcs123
Mar 27 2014 Anchor

This one supposed to be one of supprise (after testing and probably tweaking) for the next Missery update :).
Sorry mate, I still didn't have time to check this one, but since 2.1 is released I will try to give some feedback ASAP.

Meanwhile, sinnce it is published to bigger audience, any Misery fun should try this one and give some feedback.
odizzido certainly deserved it.

--

Mar 27 2014 Anchor

I told a few people I would release this for 2.1 before I even posted on the testing lab forum so I didn't want to disappoint.

Mar 28 2014 Anchor

I will try it ;-)

trojanuch
trojanuch Gameplay lead
Mar 29 2014 Anchor

Great to see you're releasing this addon Odizzido :)

Thread is now pinned.

--

Mar 29 2014 Anchor

i cannot download this

Mar 29 2014 Anchor

This sounds silly, but how would one add this? Just a simple replacement of the files?

Mar 29 2014 Anchor

Yeah I don't have any webspace ATM anakin....I will see if I can find a mirror.

And yup flap, just extract the gamedata dir into the stalker dir, and replace as prompted. You will need to switch classes for the changed to take effect.

I will add install instructions to the OP

Mar 29 2014 Anchor

Okay thanks :D I had trouble downloading but after my 110th refresh I got it! I installed it and it's working great (That is why I took so long to respond). I have one question about it though, I saw one of the files being replaced was for the knife... did you improve it's ability to kill things? I haven't dared try it yet 'cause I'm used to using the Spetnaz Switchblade butter knife :S

Thanks for this mod either way, great work! :D

Mar 29 2014 Anchor

Really, a hydra-shock round having more k_ap than an FMJ? This bullets were designed to expand even more after hitting the soft target.
And 12 gauge slugs should cost 2000 roubles if 10 rounds of 5.56x45 FMJ cost around 1000. Slugs are 2 times more expensive than a 5.56x45 ammo in real life.
The k_hit parameter of slug is ridiculous, more than twice the rifle round like 7.62x54R which is a real hard hitter.
Other than that i will try this mod and check how it behave in some CQC pripyat monolith ass kicking :D

As for recoil it is good that your mod change it, because misery recoil is just...bad to say the least. You should be able to shoot your guns in full auto mode throughout the whole clip and still be able to use iron sights and hit targets at 25-50m. In misery if you try to shoot gun in full auto your aim will end up in the sky. This is not realistic at all, completely.

Edited by: PassiveAggressive

Mar 30 2014 Anchor

You lost the svd_alt name/description... perhaps some others. The one I came across immediately tho. It's now a blank weapon in here.

Mar 30 2014 Anchor

oh thanks for letting me know. I thought I grabbed the latest description file when I edited them. I will fix that in the morning.

Mar 30 2014 Anchor

No word on making the Spetnaz Switchblade Butterknife or the rest of the toy knives any more effective?

Mar 30 2014 Anchor

I didn't touch the knives.

Ahhh oops. I didn't grab the correct file for sniper or recon :\ I did for assaulter though somehow.....rookie mistake heh. Correcting it now, will reupload in a bit.

edit------
fixed it and reuploaded.

Mar 30 2014 Anchor

Ok a few hours of testing, done WPP with AKM.Enemies drop quite quickly, so am i. There is a difference between AP and FMJ ammo, it's quite subtle and you see it only on well armored enemies.
Finally i can enjoy AKM.

Mar 31 2014 Anchor

piotrburz wrote: Really, a hydra-shock round having more k_ap than an FMJ? This bullets were designed to expand even more after hitting the soft target.
And 12 gauge slugs should cost 2000 roubles if 10 rounds of 5.56x45 FMJ cost around 1000. Slugs are 2 times more expensive than a 5.56x45 ammo in real life.
The k_hit parameter of slug is ridiculous, more than twice the rifle round like 7.62x54R which is a real hard hitter.
Other than that i will try this mod and check how it behave in some CQC pripyat monolith ass kicking :D

As for recoil it is good that your mod change it, because misery recoil is just...bad to say the least. You should be able to shoot your guns in full auto mode throughout the whole clip and still be able to use iron sights and hit targets at 25-50m. In misery if you try to shoot gun in full auto your aim will end up in the sky. This is not realistic at all, completely.

Yeah I was not sure what to do with hydrashock as the description says it has a steel core, which seems to be what AP rounds use, plus hollow point properties. I couldn't find any good test videos or anything for it either. I ended up giving it the smallest bonus to AP out of all AP modifiers(25%), plus a small bonus to damage(7%). This is why I asked for feedback. What would you do with them? Perhaps just a flat damage bonus with no AP mod?

As to the cost of ammo, I don't really want to mess with that ATM because it will change the balance of the game.
---edit---
I did change slug costs because I found I would never buy them when I played because they were just too expensive
---/edit---

The k_hit on slugs did end up being really large. I didn't directly come up with the number though, it comes from an equation I made for damage that every round shares. The AP on slugs(also an equation) is considerably lower than the 7.62x54r rounds though which when fighting stalkers with armour makes a very large difference. Slugs are really freakin huge though, with a frontal surface area of 240.4mm squared compared to just 49mm squared for the 7.62. The muzzle energy of slugs is also almost 30% more. Combined with the videos I have been watching on youtube I feel that the k_hit is justified.

And for recoil, I think you will like it. A weapon like the AEK or FAL will still be hard to control on full auto though. Something like the abakan will have far less recoil, and weapons like the mp5, groza, and UMP even less.

Apr 1 2014 Anchor

Went through the weapons, noticed the impulse rating on the ammos is a bit weird in places, some ammos have crazy high impulse compared to others of a similar type of round, and some rounds have 0 impulse.
Also, adjusted for personal taste the misfire_end_prob numbers for each weapon. as nearly every weapon in misery has a misfire_end_prob of 0.11
Went and adjusted most nato weapons to be a bit lower than that but not by much, about .08-ish, reduced warsaw pact type weapons to around half of that, to about .055ish, with some bumping up or down depending on reputation, here-say, and gut feeling. also made shotguns and bolt actions have their misfire_end_prob somewhere in the .03 range.
Overall result i've felt is that middling to slightly poor condition guns still jam enough to be inconvenient, but not enough where they cannot be used, and simple firearms like shotguns and old rifles are better able to reflect their rugged nature by not needing to be in pristine condition.

Apr 1 2014 Anchor

The impulse ratings only affect rag doll deaths do they not? I never touched them. They would need to be based off of transferred energy though, so larger bullets with high energy would have higher impulse.....also anything that fragments so that it doesn't push through objects like AP rounds would would have higher impulse....so hollow point could have a bonus to impulse with regular rounds being standard, and AP having a penalty. This doesn't change gameplay at all though, unless it has an effect on the chance that you "stumble" people when you shoot them. I should test that at some point.

Also I didn't touch weapon jamming either, but a lot of people complain about it. I've never had any real experience with guns so I don't know what should feel right. I do think that some of the guns decay far too quickly though, especially now that you can fire some of them on full auto. After like 60 bullets a few of them start jamming up and being useless which seems silly. That might be something that we can all look at and get right.

Right now there are two option I can see for gun jamming. Simply make them jam at lower condition, or reduce decay. Lowering condition obviously would keep the economy balance almost exactly the same, but it would also mean that by the time a gun started to jam it would cost like 40K to repair it which is also no good. Perhaps just lowering decay per shot is the best solution. I will need to think about it.

edit--------
Just looked at the obrez, it has condition_shot_dec = 0.0035. I am going to assume that each bullet decays the gun by 0.35%, but that would need to be tested of course. It also has misfire_start_condition = 0.87, which means that after 37 bullets the gun is already at 87% condition and misfiring. If that's true it seems completely unreasonable. Anyways I think I will do some tests soon to see.

Apr 2 2014 Anchor

Yeah impulse only affects ragdolls. It has no gameplay effect. I just think its more realistic to see enemies slump than backflip, so i tend to set it low.
interesting stuff on the decay rate.

Apr 2 2014 Anchor

Yeh, the physics in this mod are strange, sometimes enemies fall back like 3-5 meters or they slump over as if their Kneecaps are broken (if hit from behind)

It would appear that the player and NPC dont have any kneecaps at all by the way they sometimes fall to the ground it looks comic

I agree they should slump over or atleast fall over backwards but not "fly away" liek they tend to do

rafmc1989
rafmc1989 Marksman
Apr 2 2014 Anchor

Could you explain me the various steps of this installation?
I have doubts about point 3)... ??

--

Freedom member
"You have provided plenty of help to Freedom, and this has earned you the respect of Freedom fighters and their friends. But keep in mind that not everyone in the Zone is a Freedom fan."

TWCenter Thread - MISERY mod for STALKER: Call of Pripyat

Apr 2 2014 Anchor

There are different config files for each class. When you switch classes, it copies those files for the game to use. You just need to change classes at least once for the new files to be copied over for the game. You can switch right back to the class you were using before if you wish and everything will be good.

edit---------
To see if it is working, just mouse over some ammo. It should have new information, muzzle energy and bullet diameter.

Apr 2 2014 Anchor

odizzido

The steel core in hydrashock is only to make easier for the jacket to "slide off" of that core. The core is basically intact after hitting the target, and the jacket form an expanded ring around it.

Apr 2 2014 Anchor

Okay so they are like hollow point rounds then....with a small steel core so with an extra touch of penetration compared to a 9x19 hollow point round?

Apr 2 2014 Anchor

odizzido wrote: Okay so they are like hollow point rounds then....with a small steel core so with an extra touch of penetration compared to a 9x19 hollow point round?

It doesn't really add to penetration, i would say it even decrease it, because of the easier expansion.
This video show how big is the bullet after expansion.
Youtube.com
Here's the picture also of a similar round.
Img.photobucket.com
Basically it's a very good HP round.

Edited by: PassiveAggressive

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.