Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
FN F2000 / FN FAL Para Scopes (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : Favorite weapon : FN F2000 / FN FAL Para Scopes) Locked
Thread Options
Dec 23 2017 Anchor

Is there a way to (safely) change the scope view for the FN F2000 and FN FAL Para scopes to an ACOG or SUSAT style (for example), as opposed to the cluttered (red lines galore) existing scope view? Thanks in advance for the help.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Dec 23 2017 Anchor

Yes. That is relatively simple. In you installation configs/weapons folder, find the config file for a weapon whose reticle you like. Open the file with notepad++ or just notepad, find the line: scope_texture = wpn_crosshair_pso1_ksvk The part after the = is the reticle name you like. Copy that.

Open the file you with to change, locate the same line "scope_texture =" and replace whatever is there with what you copied, save the files.

I too hate all the SUSAT reticles and change them. I made the MERA scope have the USMC reticle because of that LOL.

Edited by: jasper34

Dec 24 2017 Anchor

That's great - thank you, Jasper. Would making this change require a new game?

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Dec 24 2017 Anchor

No, you can change them all day. Just watch the path you edit. If you edit your install, it will take effect immediately when you start the game and load a save. If you want it to always happen, edit your FOV's files in the class_diversity folder, and reapply your class. Then every new game will start with those changes.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.