Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Complete Misery 2.1.1. Hints and Tips (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : Complete Misery 2.1.1. Hints and Tips) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 14 2016 Anchor

LINK: COMPLETE HINTS & TIPS

So You heard about Misery it’s superhard and demanding.You got interested and you installed it.

First Evening: you meet a pack of dogs, which kills you in 5 seconds. Load game. Again. Load game. Again. Fourth time. Again. You get tired and you quit for tonight.

Second evening: you meet a couple of random bandits. You kill one, while the other one kills you with one shot. Load game. Second time. Load game. Third time. Load game. Fourth time. Quit.

Other evenings. Weapon malfunction. Death. Don’t know how to repair it. Death. Don’t know what is what in the shops. Death. After 3 seconds in the anomaly – death. Got ambushed by bandits. Death. Lack of food. Death. Lack of antirads. Death. Invisible bloodsuckers out of nowhere. Death. Death. Death. Death...

This guide is prepared for people who realized how hard Misery Mod really is and wants to prepare themselves as good as possible. All hints are collected at Moddb.com. I would like to thank all Misery users who shared their experience with rookies. You’re great!

Remember: all hints come from many different users playing different tactics: one may say "Saiga is better than Protecta" while other will say "Protecta is better than Saiga". Both are opinions. It’s up to you which will be more suitable to your gamestyle.

This guide is still in an alpha phase. That means some hints here are from previous versions of Misery and might not work at Misery 2.1.1. If you want to contribute in creating this guide you may do it in two ways:

-Informing me which hints & tips no longer work,

-Sending new tips from your personal experience.

Thanks in advance,

Witia Kontroler

PS. This file is in docx, so I can update it under one link. Also, You can download and edit it however you want. Feel free :)

LINK: COMPLETE HINTS & TIPS

Edited by: Witia_Kontroler

Apr 17 2016 Anchor

Nice stalker !

You did a great work colleting together the "pro" tips for Misery. I love playing Recon atm. I remember my 2.4.16 to 18 tips with this class. Still fully abusable.

Edited by: Str8Z

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Apr 17 2016 Anchor

Always nice to see someone share their knowledge. I use .pdfs, but to be editable the Word format is a good idea too.

Apr 17 2016 Anchor

Nice doc overall, I even see some of my own lumpy pearls of dubious wisdom in there. I'll drop some feedback on you, hope it's useful. I'm not going to argue with any opinions (except one of my own, see below) because as you say, different players have different approaches.

Actually I did spot a mistake in the doc - not just an opinion, but factually wrong. It's Recon 2.4.19, where the advice is mixing up the Magpie/Flint mission line with Snag's second mission. There isn't really a fix for this, so it should probably be excised.

Also I think one of my old pieces of advice in there is, um, well, bullshit. I posted it ages ago and I have more experience now. It's Sniper 2.3.6 (making money by hunting Fleshes). As a Sniper the easiest way to make money BY FAR is a) missions and b) hunting mercs, freedom/duty stalkers and high level bandits. Grinding Fleshes will only make money very slowly.

Gear, 3.1.9 - this seems like a question rather than a hint or tip.

Gear, 3.1.32 - this one needs some context. I'm assuming it's talking about the Iron Forest and Jupiter Plant but I can't be sure.

Suvival, 4.1.20 - this seems more like an exploit than a gameplay tip. I mean sure, anyone can turn their gamma up but Misery made NV and batteries expensive for a reason.

Survival, 4.1.31 - this one is tagged (Dark Mode) but it applies equally to regular play too, so I think that tag can be removed.

Survival, 4.1.42 - this one was repeated earlier, don't know if that's intentional

Making Money, 5.1.32 - this one needs some context too.

Making Money, 5.1.59 - Juniper should be Jupiter

Human vs Human Combat, 7.1.10 - It says "mercs and bandits" but the second group, they guys in scientist suits, are actually the mysterious employers, not bandits

Human vs Human Combat - there are a lot of entries here that are about weapons more generally rather than just humans-vs-humans, and might be better moved to the Combat Gear section

Mutant killing, 8.2.26 - the "just do this" could use clarification. I'm assuming it means jumping up on one of the cabinets.

Strategies for "The Transaction" mission, 9.2.1 - the first sentence needs clarifying, it's referencing placing an IED beforehand

Strategies for "The Iron Forest", 9.5.5 - if the workshop door is open, that's a bug that means the save game is corrupted. Its been in CoP from the start.

Apr 17 2016 Anchor

Also, ASSAULTER 2.2.2 is a misplaced RECON entry, leaving Assaulter with a grand total of one relevant entry (That being said though, Assaulter seems to be the boring "I want the COD experience" choice, so eh, who cares)

Apr 18 2016 Anchor
Bituminous_Cole wrote:

Also, ASSAULTER 2.2.2 is a misplaced RECON entry, leaving Assaulter with a grand total of one relevant entry (That being said though, Assaulter seems to be the boring "I want the COD experience" choice, so eh, who cares)

Can't agree with that. There isn't that much difference between the Assaulter and the Sniper in the end (or a Recon using a carbine), and no matter what class you play in Misery it's going to be a long way from cawadooty.

Apr 21 2016 Anchor

Ok,

It's the first time I've got internets since I posted it.

Thank you for your support and feedback. Will upgrade it in sunday.

PS. I see my idea of making paragraphs everywhere works - it's easier to pinpoint the errors.

Apr 24 2016 Anchor

For food, personally I like to buy a stove and cook mostly flesh and boar meat myself. Cost of around 200 for gas, a couple of buckshot rounds, and a cigarette to cancel the radiation. You can also make a decent profit from cooking higher tier meat and selling it. I carry a couple of chocolate protein bars in case I get hungry in the zone, as they are light and I don't need to be thinking about radiation while there are other dangers about.

As for the knife, yes it does seem fairly useless. I only use it on black road to kill a zombie at the start and take his gun, although I now know there are some weapons stashed around there. I tend to avoid going for stashes I know about straight off though as it kills the challenge of dragging yourself out of the crap at the beginning. I still feel compelled to carry that knife around in case I run out of ammo though, for all the good it will do.

I took out the Chimera for Trapper's quest, just by using one tree and keeping it between us, then each time it leaps, put two barrels of buckshot into it and get back behind the tree. Kinda felt like exploiting the AI, I'm sure a chimera would have been able to rip that tree to shreds, or at least be smart enough to clock on to what I was doing. Another time I just put an RPG into it lol.

Also, is it just me but I prefer the double barrel shotguns (Specifically side by side I think TOZ34 as it does slightly more damage) up to pretty much anything but the Saiga. I find being able to unload 2 rounds almost instantaneously gives you a much better chance of putting down a bloodsucker or snork when it takes a swipe at you, or any NPC for that matter. Yes, with SPAS 12 you get more rounds in mag but I find you can only get one shot off at faster moving mutants due to the fire rate.

Thought a few paragraphs seemed familiar. You're welcome :)

Also I never recall seeing a thermite grenade throughout the entire game.

Apr 26 2016 Anchor

ok, upgraded :)

If you have any NEW tips please share them in a designated thread. Use this thread only to pinpoint errors and share ideas how to improve the guide itself.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.