Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Artifacts in 2.2 (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : Artifacts in 2.2) Locked
Thread Options
Oct 16 2017 Anchor

I remember in 2.1.1 artifact values didn't match the descriptions and had to be edited. I checked around but can't find any info about this. Can anyone confirm whether arty values have been altered for 2.2?

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Oct 16 2017 Anchor

Is there something you think is incorrect?

Oct 16 2017 Anchor

I'm not sure, just starting 2.2 playthrough, I think it was mainly armor values in 2.1.1 (fireball etc) altho it's been awhile. Guess I just was wondering if they'd been changed.

Edit ; looking at some backup artifacts ltx (didn't check arty_containers) it looks like it has changed, i don't see the "6 sheets of kevlar" kinda stuff on lines and the values are different but tbh not sure if these were edited values or the originals?

Edited by: hobo44

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Oct 16 2017 Anchor

Minor differences in descriptions were made, and the few typos which actually effected values like one decimal point was shifted, were made, but small stuff.

Oct 16 2017 Anchor

Ok thanks. Do you use any in your play?

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Oct 16 2017 Anchor

I used to pair a snowflake and something else together to gain stamina and reduce bleeding, but I use grids now and avoid getting shot 8)

Oct 17 2017 Anchor

and avoid getting shot

Now this is good advice.. for me so much easier said then done lol. Thanks for the quick feedaback

kcs123
kcs123 Just Kcs123
Oct 17 2017 Anchor

Some small adjustments are made in configs for artifacts bonuses and weights. Especialy when you put it in containers.
Low and middle tier container is stalker smart choice, no longer poor stalker choice. Meaning, overall weight artifact+container is adjusted that you will profit to put low tier artifact in low tier container instead of buying high tier container to put low radiation artifact in it.

Number of kevlar sheets in description was misleading. Many of players were avoiding to use artifacts beacause of it. For example, fireball have slightly less protection that steel plates, but more protection than kevlar plates. At same time it reduce bleeding, so overall effect can be better than steel plates.

You also have to pay attention to weight carry bonus when you attach artifact container on belt. While it weight ~8kg some have also add +4kg to max carry capacity, so overall additional weight is ~4kg not full 8kg of container.

Gravi, eye and flame are similar, but give better protection than fireball. Protection values are in order as I wrote those. Pair it with camelback or artifact that gives stamina bonus and you can easy cancel out negative weight effect. With some additional stamina bonus belt items you will even not have to worry about additional weight you carry.

Combine light weight suits with better protection plates/artifacts or heavy armoured suits with stamina bonus artifacts/belt attachments and you will be good.
But, yes, best protection you can get is to avoid being hit at all. Pay attention to camouflage bonuses and choose optimal outfit that fit your playstyle.

Overall, it is worth to check out all suits in game how it perform on the field, each have it's own pros/cons that have to put in consideration to use it in more efficient way.

--

Oct 17 2017 Anchor

Still, chemical artifacts aren't usable like at all. Higher tier ones - they dump your stamina regen to zero.

Oct 18 2017 Anchor

Thanks yeah I adjusted arty values based on steel plates and other slot items values and their descrips. Comparing the the files now it seems a bit op, esp for misery. The current ones are about 30% lower across the board and they seem to scale well going up in tier. The camo idea is great, hoping it works well, must of been a pita to implement

A lightweight loadout will be different heh Imgur.com

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Oct 18 2017 Anchor

Only arty_containers matters for in-play effects (using modules). Also the values in containers differ based upon class.

Which are you saying appears OP for MISERY - as is artifacts, as you modified them, or tech accessories like plates?

Oct 18 2017 Anchor

Yeah modded x_restore_speed values in arty_containers under matching class_diversity but I think immunities used to be in items_artifacts? I noticed the absorbation section in the new arty_containers file so I'm guessing they were merged? IIRC I tried to match the artifact descriptions by comparing kevlar sheet values and other items to the artifact descriptions/values. For example, Flame bleeding_restore in old file is 0.0034 compared to new 0.00245, not huge difference but something. This was several years ago in 2.1.1 so not totally sure, but was saying my old edited artifact files look to be OP when looking at the new ones. Sticking with the default values for 2.2 playthyough

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Oct 18 2017 Anchor
Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.