Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Artifact Top 3 Rankings by Category (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : Artifact Top 3 Rankings by Category) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 4 2015 Anchor

please, could some one help me with a top 3 ranking for artifacts in each category ? For example, in my playthrough I found out this:

Thermal protection:
1. Flame
2. Eye
3. Mamas Beads

Toxicity protection:
1. Heart of the Oasis
2. Bubble
3. ?

Graviational boost:
1. Gravi (its better than titanium frames !)
2. ?
3. ?

Stamina Recovery:
1. Shell
2. Battery
3. ?

Bleeding reduction:
1. Flame
2. Eye
3. ?

Electrical protection:
?
?
?

I have some tweaks from Les Miserables though, so I dont know if its totally correct. If you guys could help I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Jan 4 2015 Anchor

You could go through the files to find out, I'm just too lazy to bother with the artifacts lol, I just use 3 fireballs and that's it, oh and you're missing psy and armor protection :D

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Jan 4 2015 Anchor

See my page for the actual numbers used in the corrected artifacts which will be in next release and you can get now also on my page. You can find effective combinations of pairs of high end artifacts that result in only a small hit in a relatively unimportant protection and large net gains in important protections like PSI and Stamina increases. If you choose them right, you can run further faster and have slightly less likelihood to bleed out. While in appropriate artifact containers they do take up some of your precious weight limit, they provide considerably more effective layers of Kevlar than any other belt items. On average the corrected artifacts provide 33-50% more effect than the current ones.

Jan 5 2015 Anchor

@Jasper, Im answering your response about the artifacts from the summary front page here, ok ?

How do you manage to play Recon and make efficient use of artifacts ? In my playthrough I found it extremely difficult to do so, to the point of feeling the Recon class is the most unfair/difficult to play. See, assuming a mid-level gear, for my average artifact hunting stroll on the zone I like to carry at least three artifacts: one for thermal protection, other for toxicity, and another for stamina recovery (or one for weight reduction). Besides that, I like to carry a couple more lead-containers for bringing back the loot without getting too radiated (I also bring lots of water or other anti-rad gear). I compliment this with a camelback or a titanium-alloy frame. With this I go out by early morning and explore the max number of anomalies possible in sequence, hoping to bring back the most artifacts as possible.

See, the problem is - this stuff weights a lot. And Im not even counting my gun, its ammo, armor & helmet, grenades and meds. If you have some tip for optmizing my weight, please be free to tell. ;D

P.S: also, its important to note that, even if Im not on an artifact-hunting stroll, I usually carry some artifacts into new areas for overall effects like stamina regain or protection, together with at least 1 lead container in the case I cross some anomaly with artifacts available. The result is that I tend to get heavy weighted even when on normal/not artifact-related missions.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Jan 5 2015 Anchor

I never play Recon, only Sniper. I get a Green ecologist suit, you need nothing else for artifact hunting or Armor though first return from Pripyat. You can still sneak around and avoid confrontation as much as you want as Sniper, or you can just kill every enemy and mutant like I do. I'll assume you are using the corrected artifacts because Recon was the most negatively effected by the typos. I use a Flame and a Snowflake or Flame/Shell pair or two pairs. As soon as you are able to in Jupiter buy Blue artifact modules and use them to haul any artifacts except the Heart of Oasis, Compass, the one from the dredge. Those require Lead boxes. The Artifact Modules are much lighter. It works great, nobody thinks a Sniper would be in a Green Ecologist suit so they mostly ignore me. Weight is the easiest thing to tweak/cheat on. Add whatever extra you want to the additional_inventory_weight and weight2 lines. If it says 10.62 change them both to 30.62 and you get 20 extra kilos carrying weight.

Jan 6 2015 Anchor

Green SSP is end-game gear, I was referring to low- to mid-game. And if you only play Sniper you dont really have the weight issues Recon has, as the later capacity is the lowest one.

Also, while I agree removing the healing property of artifacts make sense (like original Kolobok) within the mods vision and purpose, I dont understand why the gravitational / carrying boost was also removed. Because of this some supposed high-tier artifacts are almost useless now (like Gravi for example). If high-tier artifacts were a little bit more powerful, this would make Recon more worth it. Ie: if Gravi were better for carrying capacity than titanium frames, it would make it worth for Recon to hunt for them, and give an slight edge overall over assault/sniper (which would tend to stick to titanium frames).

Edited by: lessavini

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Jan 6 2015 Anchor

I buy the Green Ecologist suit right away when I can afford it. Don't waste your money on any intermediate suits. I think they traded coke/epinephrine for weight benefit artifacts.

Jan 6 2015 Anchor

But Jasper, if I dont waste money on any intermediate suits I cant survive! :lol:

As a Recon I find it difficult to prey on bandits/mercs, both because its overall lower firepower and armor (and because my personal playstyle is more stealthy than Rambo anyway). So I prey on wildlife + artifact hunting and selling for Beard. And for accomplishing the last, I MUST get some protection in the early/mid-game while SEVAs/PPSs are out of reach. So I usually acquire a Heavy Coat + Gas Mask at this moment and go out grind artifacts like hell, while taking any mutants that come across. Its at this moment that I think life is difficult for the Recon, because as mentioned above the paraphernalia for artifact hunting weights a lot, and this early in the game its expensive to acquire titanium frames and blue modules.

Edited by: lessavini

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Jan 6 2015 Anchor

You could lower the cost of the suit in misc/items/items_outfit search for green and change the cost to whatever you are comfortable with. The price from the traders won't be exactly that price, but less and repair costs are based on price of outfit.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.